1st June 2016 Sandie

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sandie
    on

This is what I have been practicing for, the making of the new ME. I am recording from today for eight weeks. This report might not be inspirational nor enlightening for others but no matter as this is for ME. I will make notes of food, drink and exercise. I am aiming for 800 calories and low carbohydrates. Over the last few days I have been making steady progress and am impressed with the weight loss. This morning I weighed 12st 4lb (a pound up on yesterday but no exercise). I would like to be about 10st 7lb and learn how to stay there. I will make my report after my evening’s meal.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Good luck, Sandie – keep at it and you will win. I have had great confidence from knowing what to do and getting control back, and hope you find this too.

If in doubt at any time, post and someone here will be sure to advise you!

๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Sandie
    on

Thank you Igorosusual, appreciated. regards Sandie

• posted by Sandie
    on

Here goes my numbers for today. Calories 1098.50 Carbs 71.57 drink 8 water 5 coffee and a peppermint tea. Exercise: a Pilates Class, a Body Pump Class and a 4 mile dog walk. I am not hungry. I need to make better choices. The beefburger pattie was more calories that I expected. I didn’t have the burger roll.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Second day numbers. Calories 766 and walked 3.84 miles drank 9 glasses of water and had 5 coffees. I went to an hour’s Pilates class. I weighed 12st 2lb this morning. At Christmas I was 13st 3lb.

• posted by Sandie
    on

I am meeting husband for lunch so no carbs for breakfast and hopefully find something like feta salad on the menu and I won’t want any alcohol. I will walk there and back.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Had lunch out 1.5 mile walk. No feta salad so had crayfish tails and smoked salmon with a green leaf salad which I dressed with the juice of fresh lime. Coffee and a glass of water. ๐Ÿ™† Husband said, “That’s and expensive salad we won’t be going there again.” ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

• posted by Sandie
    on

Third day numbers: calories 786 carbs 11.37 walked 4.46 miles and 1 hour Body Pump Class. Weighed 12st 2lb, no change. Tomorrow should be interesting as we have been invited to a party at sister-in-laws.

• posted by Sandie
    on

To help cope with this evening I shall have a light brunch then lunch in the mid afternoon. That should set me up for not being hungry when I go out. My sister-in-law serves large portions of food. I plan to have two glasses of wine. The rest of the time will be water.

• posted by Sandie
    on

I have survived the evening out including 2 gasses of wine. This morning I weigh the same 12st 2lb and that proves that I can go out and eat well and not pigout

• posted by Sandie
    on

Fourth day numbers: weight 12st 2lb (stayed the same) 502.5 calories plus the unmeasured food that I had at my sister-in-law’s 11 water 1 peppermint tea 4 coffees and 2 glasses of wine. Exercise, I walked 3.52 miles. It will be interesting what the scales read in the morning.

• posted by Sandie
    on

This is working for me. I have a hang on the food, the numbers and am drinking loads of water. This morning am down 2lb and the scales tell me I weigh 12st. Me 12st! Onwards and downwards. The sun is shining and I am smiling.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Great results Sandie. It feels good, doesn’t it.

• posted by Sandie
    on

๐Ÿ˜

• posted by Sandie
    on

I need to go shopping for smaller panties. I am going to get some pretty ones instead of the big black ones the were so necessary.

• posted by Sandie
    on

I have been at 12st for three days now and have been looking forward to measuring uner 12st and today … … I weighed 12st 1lb. DOH.
    No panic onwards and downwards.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

My weight always goes in steps, stays same for a good while and then whoosh, it is drops lower, so just stick with it! More power to you! I have lost 14 kilos now, and struggled hugely to lose anything before, you name it, I had tried it!

Julia

• posted by Sandie
    on

Julia18togo,thank you for your findings. I reviewed yesterday’s food and drinks and notice that I ate very little and drank loads of water. Why? I don’t know. Today I am on a much more even keel and this afternoon I walked for 2.15 hours and went to an hour long Pilates Class. It will be interesting to see the scales in the morning. I have had my evening meal and do not snack between meals.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Now 12st and my engagement ring keeps slipping round. I am looking forward to weighing 11st something. Today at the Body Pump class I felt stronger.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Strange evening out. Pub meal with 13 others to celebrate sister-in-law’s 70th birthday. I chose salmon salad but DRANK 5 glasses of wine and a g&t. Back home now 2 coffees and two glasses of water plus a dog walk so hopefully back on the straight and narrow. Happy Birthday s-in-l. Tomorrow is a ‘Street party’

• posted by Sandie
    on

I didn’t think that I did any over eating at the street party yesterday but today I am plus two pounds and have an acheing belly. On checking I was low with water drinking (I only had water or coffee), also I was low on exercise. With regarding food I was low on vegetables and I never had cake etc. For my dish of food to share I made a crustless quiche and took a bowl of raspberries with chopped strawberries. I perhaps was a little mindless with how many cold chipolates that I ate. Today I will be weighing portions instead of guessing. I have a Pilates Class booked for this evening. A new week, off we go, happy Monday. Do something funny today and enjoy.

• posted by Sandie
    on

I am now weighing 12st. I would love to be able to write 11st something. I have been following this the BSD for 15 days now. I have just been looking at my food diary and think that I am perhaps having too much protein. I am good on my drinks as for example it is only quarter to eight and I have already had 2 large glasses of water with a third one on the go. 1 coffee and two cups of tea. My breakfast was 2 eggs fried in olive oil and a medium tomato. I won’t eat ato dog club.gain until about 12:30. I don’t eat between meals. Today we are getting a new back fence and have a trip to the dentist. At 1:30 meeting friends for an hour’s dog walk; the down side to that one is that the others walk slowly. I don’t have lunch food planned at the moment but this evening I am cooking a piece of turkey with roast vegetables (not potatoes). Then off to dog club.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Yes, today I now weigh under 12st. Let’s hope that I keep this up. I am now 11st 13. It is years since I was under 12st. Today I am out for lunch and tomorrow to friends for an evening meal. My friends always feed me very well so I am eating very lightly during the day.

• posted by Izzy
    on

YAy for being in the 11’s. I don’t think you are eating too much protein I think you are having too much alcohol maybe? it’s up to you but a glass now and then would be ok I’m sure.

If you’re not sure about the right things to eat then have a re-read of the book I’m reading mine a second time and finding bits I missed.

You’re doing great with exercise too ๐Ÿ™‚ Lets keep going and getting healthier!

• posted by Sandie
    on

Izzy I have been very careful regarding alcohol. During June I have only had some on 3 days totaling at the most 1.5 bottles of wine and 1 measure of gin. These were all planned for social occasions; I haven’t had any alcohol at home for weeks.
    I have the BSD as an EBook and I think that I will buy a real one so I can mark pages with post it notes and a highlighter.
    Following the BSD I haven’t felt hungry at all. I am the fittest that I have been for ages.
    Onwards and downwards.

• posted by Sandie
    on

I bought my copy of the BSD yesterday and am reading it with a marking pen in hand so I have plenty of reminders of the way to go. I still have the EBook so of course I can refer to that as well. I saw several cooking books and might go back for one in the week.

• posted by Sandie
    on

After today’s countryside walk with dog and OH we went for a pub lunch. I chose a naked burger that had Bacon and cheese on it with some chips on the side. I enjoyed it all but left half the chips. My downfall was a pint and a half of beer (it was very refreshing). I didn’t miss the burger bun at all and the waitress thought that was a good idea.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I found a pub in the Lakes which served what they called the Skinny burger, with no bread bun, just the burger, toppings and a salad. Great idea for burger lovers like me.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Mixnmatch, hi. Mostly when I eat out I choose fish but today the burgers smelt so wonderful I had to go with it. In future I will ask for other dishes “without” what ever I don’t need. Also my OH didn’t complain at me being difficult.

• posted by Sandie
    on

I am still in here plodding on. I don’t have huge great weight a loss to write about but I am on the way down. Today my BMI is 25.95. I am serving my OH the same food and now he is also starting to show a weight loss. Problem is he won’t go without alcohol. Today I read out loud from the BSD that beer is “rich in carbs, which is why it’s known as ‘liquid toast’.” Hopefully that statement gives him food for thought. He drinks red wine as well and will often have a brandy or two of an evening. Maybe the weight loss might get him thinking about what he is doing.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Sandie,
    It’s great that you’re setting a good example for OH. Just remember that OH will need to have the will to stop/cut down on the alcohol before you see any changes in that department.
    You’re doing really well – it must be great for you to see your BMI going down.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Thank Switzerland, OH is work in progress. This week I have had the necessity to go and buy new underwear. Went to M&S bought size 14 panties instead of 18-20 and a pretty new bra. At the till I was told as I had spent just over ยฃ35 I could choose a pair of flip flops for free. They were rather bright colours and not for me then I spotted just the pair for me and in my size. OK they are a rather boring grey but the straps are sparkly. They made me feel happy. I know rather simple of me but without BSD and the weight loss I wouldn’t have a sparkly pair of flip flops for our holiday. In September we plan to go to northern Portugal. At this rate with the BSD I will need a whole new wardrobe.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Doh, I have a problem. I am hungry and need to eat. The Duck and vegetables are cooked and ready but OH is not here yet. I have been working in the garden all day. I didn’t have breakfast because I chose to fast. For lunch I had home made fish and vegetable soup. Then strawberries and cream. To drink I have had plenty of water, also coffee and tea. Whilst waiting to eat our evening meal have had a small piece of Cheddar cheese, 2 glasses of rosรจ (unplanned, drat), 3 large glasses of water, two coffes and I have been nibbling on blueberries. I hope he is home very soon or I am going mad or I will eat without him. At this rate I may even eat his food.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

You have my sympathy Sandie. Had a similar problem on Wednesday and I ended up eating before OH got home, ‘cos I couldn’t hold out any longer. Don’t worry about the unplanned rose, we all have little slips like that from time to time.

• posted by Sandie
    on

SunnyB he got home just in time. We have eaten and he moaned that five different vegetables were too many. Men!

• posted by Sandie
    on

Overnight I had a thought, should last night’s evening meal situation reoccur then I will have sticks of cucumber at the ready. This morning I have had a slight weight increase but I am not panicked about that.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Sandie,
    The cucumber sticks are a great idea. Crunchy celery is OK if you like it. I’m not sure about what you like or can eat but a teaspoon of plain full fat yoghurt is good too. Some people will eat a boiled egg when they’re really hungry.
    I empathise with you waiting for OH so you can eat your evening meal together – it’s the same time of day that can do my head in too.
    Best wishes.

• posted by Sandie
    on

My day so far:- a Baby Bel, a hard boiled egg, a tomato and some bluberries for breakfast. Tried on swimsuits passed down to me by youngest daughter. Giving back the size 14 and keeping the size 12. I have never bought a size 12. I am also giving her my two last years size 18 suits. Today I weigh 11st 7lb. At Christmas I was 13st 5lb. Onwards and downwards with a smile on my face and a skip in my step. Enjoy your day.

• posted by Sandie
    on

At the moment 11st 8lb. I may never weigh less but I like this way of eating. It suits me very well. If I did loose another 4lb then I would be at the very top end of my ideal weight. Something to aim for. OH says his trousers are now looser. ๐Ÿ™Œ

• posted by Sandie
    on

I am still lurking in the background. Weight 11st 8lb again. I put on a pound then loose a pound. I am still following the plan but I expect that my calories are more like 1000 a day. My carbs are low. 40> and I am having plenty of fluids. Alcohol is minimal. I find it easy not to have bread, biscuits, potatoes, rice and pasta. I think my portion size of proteins are on the high side but that stops me being hungry. If I get the wandering a round the kitchen hungry then I drink water and eat a hard-boiled egg.
    I am walking most days but I don’t always achieve 10,000 steps (pedometer has stopped working) I am doing a Pilates Class 3 times a week, Body Pump twice and a water aerobics class. My hip is sore and I can’t always put weight on my right leg so that messes up the walking. I am still here and I will make progress. How I would love to be under 11 stone. Can I do it? I have made a GP appointment to discuss my hip. The appointment isn’t until Thursday. I am making sure that I keep exercising to be strong. My general health is very good and most people think that I am younger than I am. Today my husband is weighing 17st 6lb. Slowly and surely his weight is coming down. He is pre type 2 diabetic. He is complaining about the meals that I am giving him. Just now he is cooking his own breakfast INCLUDING TOAST. I can hear him puffing and breathing heavily. I worry about him. Lunch time he will drink beer today and then we are meeting up at a friend’s party. Heavens knows what he will indulge in there regarding food. I will walk to the party and we will be walking home together. He doesn’t do any exercise other than walking. He is 4 years older than me.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Sandie – in your post today, you sound worried and not as upbeat as before. You are certainly doing plenty in the way of exercise and I’m sure that must be helping, toning you up and burning off some calories too. If you are keen to drop a little more, perhaps have a think about dropping your carbs a little further. I get the impression you don’t count calories, but it could be worth counting your carbs for a while, to see if pulling them down a bit helps to kick-start your weight loss again.

Understand you being concerned about your OH and it must be worrying for you that he seems to be resisting the evidence, but bottom line is, we are all responsible for ourselves, so it maybe that there is not much more that you can do, other than make sure he eats properly when you are in charge of the meals.

Hope you can manage to get rid of that last little few pounds. Keep us posted.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Oh Sunny B thank you for your words of encouragement. I needed a shoulder to lean on this morning ๐Ÿ˜‰. I am fine but if anything I an worried about my painful hip and don’t know if the exercises are helpful or in fact exacerbating the problem. I am worried that may GP surgery doesn’t have anyone who is a joint expert. I have read their resumes and they all are more interested in young families and the second string to most of their bows is training GPS. I am not known at the surgery as I am healthy.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope you manage to get your hip problem resolved with your doc. Let us know how you get on.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Thanks again for your support SunnyB

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Hi Sandie

Congratulations. I think you have done very well. I think may be you need to be a bit kind to yourself. You do not say how old you are but if you are on the ‘mature’ side like me you are probably very close to an ideal weight. Be gentle and see about you sore hip. Just keep maintaining until that is sorted.

All the best
    Ruth

• posted by Sandie
    on

Ha ha Ruth, mature side. Yes I am more mature than some but I think that my “inside age” is about 15 years old going on 35yrs but in reality I am 62.
    regards Sandie

• posted by Sandie
    on

My GP was fine yesterday and he has arranged for an x-ray and physio but the best bit was pain killers. I have woken this morning with a much lighter feeling. After breakfast I am off for the x-ray. For breakfast I have put out two nectarines and three small plum tomatoes.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Sandie -sorry not to have responded sooner. Have a friend staying, so my time is being stretched in other directions at the moment. Was pleased to read your doctor was helpful and that the painkillers are working their magic. Keep us posted on progress please. I’ll be up dating somewhere on the forum over the w/e.

• posted by Sandie
    on

I so enjoyed yesterday ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿปโ˜•๐Ÿฐ๐ŸŒž Each August for about 30 years we have a family and friends BBQ. I do the cooking. The weather was perfect. Much food was eaten and many drinks were drunk. Happy friendly chatter was chatted. I didn’t have any alcohol and chose sensible portions of food. After doing all the cooking of 30 sausages, 64 burgers and 32 chicken legs. I changed out of my apron, shorts and top, showered off the BBQ smoke and emerged in a pretty slinky floral dress. (I felt like a butterfly). I had so many compliments on how well I looked. How pretty my frock was and HOW MUCH WEIGHT HAVE YOU LOST!? I smiled and said many thank yous.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Today I am weighing in at 11st 6lb. Decreasing slowly. ๐Ÿ‘ This is OK and I am feeling brilliant. My boast is that I can now take my size 14 jeans of without undoing them!

Please log in or register to post a reply.