Seafood substitute

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Groovychick
    on

Hi all, newbie here. Just got my books and getting stuck into reading them. i have skipped ahead to meal plans & see they’re full of seafood – as they often are :(. I’m allergic to fish, and whilst death would be a good way to lose weight, it’s a bit drastic. I can’t see anywhere in the books where is says what to do if you can’t eat seafood. I know you could just simply substitute the fish for another protein, but given fish has particular nutritional qualities, with which one? What have other non seafood eaters done? Or if the moderator is reading this can you please point me in the direction of Michael’s professional advice? cheers.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Oh, not good re the allergy. Don’t do weight loss that way 😉

No problem in substituting any other protein source for the fish in recipes.

However as you may know, fish is surprisingly low calorie for the amount of protein so you will probably need less weight of meat to hit the calorie count

Are you weighing/logging on an app like MyFitnessPal to check the nutrient content of your food? Also really helpful in planning.

Hope that helps 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.