1st day of the rest of my life!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by mauricem
    on

another beginner question!
    Examining GI GL tables, they indicate the chickpeas have zero GL. does that mean that i can eat them alot. i love humus, which includes also tahini (sesame seed). pls advise.

mauricem

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Maurice
    the BSD book does not set a max carb limit
    the easiest way to get the most from this forum is the search box – top right hand corner
    i didn’t spot it myself for a while, but if you search on “max carbs” it will bring up all of the existing threads on this topic

with yogurt, the best type is full fat natural yogurt – Fage is a particularly low carb brand, but is relatively expensive compared to supermarket own brands. 200g sounds like quite a large portion, but 11g for that quantity sounds quite good. Do double check it is the nutrition for the full carton, not for 100g of it! Again, lots of pre-existing threads on yogurts!
    similarly cheese is good, but watch the portion size – 30g is generally the amount advised as a cheese portion

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi mauricem

The total number of carbs a day is individual. Some on here are/were diabetic, others not, and that can influence our decisions.

Some have around 25g a day while others can eat more and still see benefits. I have had to keep mine around the 25g level – it was the way to bring my blood sugars down to normal levels.

Chickpeas – I’ve just checked and A can of Tesco chickpeas in water has 16.1g of carbohydrate per 100g drained, or 19.3g of carbs in half a drained can. I would advise caution. As for hummus, I also love it – but am cautious with portion size. I had 1 teaspoon of it the other day. Previously I could happily have eaten at least half the pot. There are recipes in the BSD books to make your own hummus – that could be an option for you.

Can I suggest that you check carb values, rather than GI/GL 😃

• posted by mauricem
    on

thank you Captainlynne.
    your advise on counting carbs is valuable as i got lost on all the charts.
    i would like to find a good chart of carbs in foods. if you have found a good one, pls advise
    thanks again
    mauricem

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Hi Didmarks
    Don’t despair!! 3 days is a great start. 3 more days than the week before. Be positive. Don’t let one ‘slip’ bring you down. We have all been there. As you say it is a learning curve and you are already making adjustments to the way you plan your meals, so that is the second step on your journey. I find breakfast makes me hungry as well. So I eat between 13.30 and 20.30, this includes lunch at 13.30, dinner 18.00-19.00 (it varies) which leaves me greek yogurt and half a dozen berries which I have between 19.00 and 20.00. I also drink coffee with a splash of semi skimmed milk, 3-5 cups a day. Couldn’t do without them. I have cut out bread and grains completely which has made a huge difference to my cravings. Always remember that people have a good result by following the 5:2 fast and the ‘M’ plan. So you have options that you can follow should emotions get the better of you. And boy do they create havoc!!
    The best thing – YOU ARE BACK ON BSD THIS WEEK. So your determination will get you through my lovely.
    Have a good day. Keep us all informed how you are doing. xx

• posted by captainlynne
    on

mauricem-sorry, but I don’t think I’ve found the perfect carb chart yet!

Some folk on here use MyFitnessPal or a similar app. Or you may like Carbs & Cals – either as an app or in book form. Otherwise I Google for the information. I do try to stay with one site, but some have more American foods than UK foods. Wish someone would develop a specific UK site!

• posted by Trelawny
    on

All going well here, how’s everyone
    Tattiescone
    Wendyq
    Diddimarks
    Natalie
    Jooles
    be nice to hear from you all. xx

• posted by didimarks
    on

Hi Trelawyny,

Thanks for lovely message – actually still really struggling but I’m still here!

Not sure what the issue is but waiting longer to eat is definitely helpful!

x

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Great news Didimarks. You’re still here. Is there anything the more experienced on here can help you with. You know you just have to ask. There is a lot of experience and advice available from the long termers as you have no doubt read. Ask away, what are you eating? Are you exercising? Are you eating enough fat and protein? Are you drinking enough water? All these things I am learning from the posts on here. It is difficult adjusting, BUT YOU ARE STILL HERE, fantastic. We can do this together xx

• posted by Tattiescone
    on

Hi mauricem and all the fdoromls
    From reading the forum…many try to limit the carbs to 50g. Some to less still. Others don’t. I would think from my snooping around the boards that the majority keep below 50g.

I use the my style app on my phone. And a wee pair of digital scales. It just makes it all a little more accurate and limited as I am chronically portion distortioned.
    I didn’t drink enough today. I think because the colder weather has come it feels different gulping down fluid.
    Had a bit of birthday cake tonight. Why?! But had been okay until that point. Bleugh. Anyway..on balance still a good 3 lowcal meals before the cake..so..could have been worse.
    Back on it tomorrow. Every day is a challenge.
    I watched the panorama thing on Monday night re diabesity. The gastric bands were put on a 4 week diet of 1000 cal prior to surgery.
    When I was watching it..I was thinking..why can’t they do that..and keep going. And look at me!!!! I can barely get through a day without some cock up! These people were me probably 5 or 10 years ago.
    Well I don’t want to be them in 5 or 10 years.
    So come on tattiescone.
    Put a bit of effort into it!
    Sacrafice a bit. Change a bit. Try a bit harder and firmer.
    Tattiescone

• posted by Natalie
    on

Still here! Being quite active with the kids on school holidays, but diet is not so good. Still hanging on.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Great that you are still hanging on Natalie. When are you having your fibroid op? It’s soon isn’t it?
    Good to hear from you Tattiescone, love your attitude! You are right seeing people in a position that we could easily be in gives us added determination. We know eating this way makes us feel really good, when will the country wake up? Too much money being made by large food companies selling stodge and the pharmaceutical companies. But we are torchbearers, hopefully the word will spread and people will jump on our bus!! My cousin and her husband have started this week, so 2 more converts.

How are you going
    Napangardi
    Jackieppp
    SusieB
    Hope you’re still reading and being enthused, let us know how you are doing.
    Have a good day everyone. xx

• posted by Jackieppp
    on

Hi Trelawney and all

Help!
    I am still reading all the posts which I love to do but for some reason I’m on the bread. I have lost 13lb over a 3 maybe 4 month period but for the last 3 weeks nothing – not an ounce because of the bread. Daytime is fine it is evening when the munchies take over. BUT thanks for thinking of me now I’m going to get rid of this bread habit and do it properly and remind myself yet again of the title of this thread and why I need to do this.
    Well, that’s enough about me – hope everyone is going good and losing weight.
    Lots of love

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Hi Jackieppp, You’re still with us! Fantastic. Can you have brunch, dinner and then a snack in the evening rather than breakfast, lunch and dinner? I skip breakfast, eat lunch at 13.30, dinner between 18.00 and 19.00 and always greek yogurt and berries for a snack before 20.30. This means I am doing a 17 hour fast as well as the BSD. It works well for me. It was just a thought which might help you.

Come on everyone, ideas to help Jackie please. Experience needed here I think. xx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

It may be more of a habit, than a hungry problem. A lot of us are (were) used to evening nibbles and snacks after the day was done. Try distracting yourself on the way to the kitchen and cutting off the munchies before they start. I usually use a book, or a shower, or just read this forum, and the desire to eat often just goes.

• posted by Tizzie
    on

My worst time is in the evening too, so I often skip breakfast or lunch and eat my evening meal quite late, then find something distracting to do. May I also suggest not buying bread in the first place. If it’s not in the house you can’t eat it! (I know its probably for someone else but can’t they manage without til you’ve got your craving under control?) Also bread is often just a vehicle for something else eg butter, so maybe there’s a lower carb/cal way to enjoy that.

• posted by Jackieppp
    on

Hi Trelawny and all

Thanks to you and Mixmatch and Tizzie (I did smile about the bread and butter as yesterday it was a french stick with loads of Lurpak!) – today I’m on the BSD. Blueberry smoothie for breakfast at 13.00. Homemade celery leek and parsnip soup for dinner at 17.00 and pork chop with veg for tea at 21.00. No idea how many carbs but surely not many. So am now thinking I’ll do it this way and start eating later. Mixnmatch – it’s definitely a habit I need to break so got to find something to do in the evenings, tonight was ok as family has been round.

Hope you and everyone else on our forum are doing well.
    Lots of love

• posted by Coady
    on

Hi all
    Well on day 12 and just done my Friday weigh in lost 6lb very pleased were I lost a stone last week a lot of that was fluid so this is now fat going lol , had a blip on day 8 why I don’t know but had a slice of bread and a kit Kat not going to beat myself up as I know i will have days when I’m going to have choc and bread but as long as I can’t get over it and get straight back on it I will get there
    Well that’s me for this week hope you all do well and stay on track good luck 😀
    Coady

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Jackieppp, glad it’s worked for you and as you say can’t have been many carbs. But any you did have were good carbs, not bread, grains or spuds. So excellent day. I have started taking a walk in the evening, 1-2 miles, more if it’s a nice evening, gets me out, gives me a boost and makes me forget about food!! Win, win. But I am lucky and have only myself to think about! Have recently moved from a badly lit village to a small town, so when the dark nights arrive the streets are well lit and I can still get out and walk., it was actually one of the reasons I moved!!! Have a good weekend.

Coady that is a fantastic loss, well done. Well done for ignoring the blip. Isn’t it strange how we all of us have thrown in the towel when we have erred in the past. But this forum is giving us all unheard of willpower to succeed.

Have a good weekend everyone. xx

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Had a good weekend. Lucky to have gone out to dinner again and pleased to say had fish and veg, treat was 1/2pt cider. Feeling good. I can jump and skip with ease!! (Not for long but up to 3 weeks ago I couldn’t do it without a great feeling of unease and pain round my liver!!) Now it doesn’t feel like an impossible feat anymore! I feel so light, still 3 stones to lose but water retention vastly improved and I feel so much slimmer. Do you understand what I mean when I say that I feel more at peace with myself, happy and vital again? I hope you all experience the highs of this plan, ‘cos as someone commented (sorry can’t remember who it was, have read so many posts this evening!) This isn’t a diet it is definitely a new way of life. Any newcomers, you may have doubts about managing, but eat wisely and you will have plenty to eat, your hunger will be sated and you will soon reap the benefits of improved body and mind. Have a good sleep, and a wonderful start to a new week. xx

• posted by Coady
    on

Hi trelawny
    Well done you , I know what you mean by feeling good been on this now for two weeks and lost 20lb and find I can do things a lot better and with ease I have 3 1/2 stone to lose to be at the weight I want to be so keep up the good work and it helps being in this forum and reading everyone’s ups and downs and seeing them do so well and not giving in when they have a bad day so onwards and upwards here’s to another good week good luck every one

• posted by Jackieppp
    on

Hi everyone
    Coady well done you – that is a brilliant weight loss. I’m a little slower! but 1lb off this week which is better than none.
    Trelawny- I know what you mean cos even that 1lb loss makes me feel like skipping – ooh if only I could.
    Today I’ve done the blueberry smoothie. (Hey just remembered I’ve bought the new recipe book, love the feel of the pages nice and smooth. I’m really funny about paper! Recipes look good, going to try one tomorrow). Fish and salad for tea.
    Glad I kept on reading the posts when I wasn’t doing so well i.e:no weight loss at all, as now I feel I’m back on a roll.
    Love to all

• posted by Natalie
    on

Well done everyone! I restarted BSD yesterday so I’ve been posting on the 10/10 starters thread, but I’ll still be following you. My op is on Friday but I decided not to wait, the healthier the better going into it!

• posted by shalimar
    on

Natalie …. healthy, healing thoughts for your op on Friday! 🙂 HUGS

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Natalie, I am also sending healing thoughts for Friday. Hope all goes well and that your health will be vastly improved. Keep us informed of your progress please xx

Jackieppp well done for hanging on. Hope you have a good week.

Today, so far so good. I was feeling hungry about 12 noon and suddenly realised I had had no water to drink, so guzzled three quarters of a pint and then forgot I was hungry!!!! Beetroot, carrot, walnut and feta salad for lunch, harvest pie for tea, greek yogurt and berries for snack this evening.

Have a good day everyone xx

• posted by Jocadari
    on

Hi there I’m a newbie and lovely to read such supportive posts.
    I’m contemplating tbe BSD after a range of weight issues have crept up. Im now pre-diabetic after once being one half of a SW couple of the year! I plateated and got so disheartened. Ive been lappingnup the Dr Yung lectures and my practice nurse is also supporting me. I did weignt loss and exercise for 3 weeks and incredibly gained 8lbs! How is that possible??
    So after seeing Mr Mosely on TV I’ve found this site/diet/forum. My thyroid is normal but if I don’t lose weight by next weigh in on 4/11 then I intend to push for my other adrenal functioning to be tested. Thanks so much already for the tips and advice ive alresdy picked up!
    Take care Jocadari

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Hi Jocadari
    You have found the right place for your weight loss journey. You have read the posts and can see the difference it is making to people’s lives. Cutting way down on carbs is definitely the way to go. There is plenty of lovely food to eat that is low carb and it is easy to fill up on low carb vegetables. Best to cut out grains completely I have found. They make me so hungry for more grains that I cope best by avoiding them. Stock cube in hot water helps if you’re hungry. Many find skipping breakfast works for them as they can have larger meals or an evening snack. But even following the ‘M’ plan will bring improvement to your health.
    I have heard mention of Dr Jung on this site and had a quick look on youtube but haven’t gotten back to have a proper look yet. Have been staying with my daughter for 17 days while the bathroom has been fitted, so haven’t weighed and have been totally out of my routine. But I am pleased to say that haven’t gone off plan. Have had more calories on some days but am feeling good and am sure I have lost more weight. Will be going home at long last tomorrow so will weigh on Friday morning!!!
    Had another feel good moment this morning, skipped off work for a couple of hours to pop into a friends 70th birthday get together. There were cocktail pasties and birthday cake on offer. I declined the pasties but did have a piece of cake about an inch square and it was lovely, but I didn’t feel I needed any more!!! That is the first grain I have eaten since the 30th August. So the journey goes on.
    Jump on the bus Jocadari, don’t leave it any longer, give it a whirl, you only have weight and ill health to lose and a brand new energy for life to gain. xx

• posted by Tattiescone
    on

Hi everyone
    I’m still here and so glad you all are too.
    I had gone off plan a couple of days. However for the last 3 days have had the most violent diarrhoea bug. I have not stopped pooping and have hardly eaten a thing. The good point is that I feel that I have been relaunched back into the BSD way of life. Light eating!
    I feel like I have hit the reset button. If I can even get 800 in tomorrow I will be going some!
    Tattiescone x

• posted by Natalie
    on

Trelawny fingers crossed for your Friday weigh-in! Tattiescone interesting way to reset, but whatever works I guess! Do you think your tummy objected to you going off-plan?

• posted by Tattiescone
    on

Hi Natalie
    I’m not sure. I think it was a bug as I had dreadful sore bones and shivering and sleepiness. It definitely was not pleasant. I work in a ward so there are often nasty bugs. Anyway I feel much better today.
    Breakfast..nothing. just 2 big glasses water
    Lunch..soup only and maybe an apple.
    Tea..chicken and veg.
    15 stone 2 this am. So between 800 and v+d 8 lbs in total. Feeling well.
    I look at it like this. Some…Bs and Cs are bad.
    Beige..brown..biscuits..beer..butter (too much)..booze..Cs..cake..crisps..chocolate..
    carbs (watch) chips. Simplifies it a little if I open the fridge. If it’s any of these things..it’s a nono. I know the butter is fine on this way..but 9 times out of 10 I would eat it on potatoes or bread. It is just the icing on the cake so to speak. But I will fry in it or use for sauces sautéing on veg etc. But just not the bread it’s too frightening!!!

• posted by Jackieppp
    on

Hi all
    Tattiescone – glad to hear you’re feeling better.
    Natalie – good luck for your op tomorrow.
    can’t stop at the mo as cooking tea!!! Busy today catch up with you all later. Good luck with the BSD
    bfn

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Glad to hear you are all still with us. Someone, somewhere wants you to keep on keeping on with the BSD Tattiescone!! Glad you’re feeling better. Jackieppp how’s it going? And thinking of you Natalie.
    Jocadari how are you, have you joind our ranks?
    Another good day, lunch – beetroot and carrot salad with walnuts and feta and salad, dinner -bacon wrapped chicken in tomato and veg sauce with peas, snack – greek yogurt and a plum.
    Goodnight everyone x

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Weigh in this morning, last one 26th September, 17 days. Down 4.5lbs so happy with that.

Hope all went well Natalie, how are you feeling?
    Have a good day everyone, on this crisp autumn day. xx

• posted by Natalie
    on

Hi everyone, op went well. Still tired and sore and a bit groggy, it’s been less than 24 hours so I’m sure it will all improve. Worst is actually sore throat from tube, but on the bright side it’s discouraging me from eating!

• posted by Tattiescone
    on

Hi Natalie
    Glad you are recovering from your op. Sorry your throat is sore. Just take time to recover and drink kind drinks.
    Hope you and everyone else has a good week. It is 8 weeks until 9th of December (Christmas party time) so even a fresh start today will help us all reach somewhere by then.
    I am still focused. That nasty bug gave me a kick up the bum. And my party is on 9th December so that’s my goal.
    Trelawny. 4.5 is great. That would be 9 or 10 in a month which is fab. 120 lb a year! No mean feat. I think the chunking helps. We all know 8 weeks is a blink of an eye in other terms. So 8 weeks for some results is a manageable time scale.
    Keep at it everyone. We are doing it for ourselves. I am looking at it as breastfeeding which was the last time weight fell off me. This time I am breastfeeding myself by giving up 1000 calories. It’s like when I was pregnant. I was as sick as a dog..but my body coped with keeping me going and feeding a baby inside. Now I just need to sacrafice those extra calories to grow a new me!
    Hope you are all growing new you’s!
    Tattiescone xxx

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Glad you are doing well Natalie, be kind to yourself and make a speedy recovery. xx

Tattiescone, Christmas is coming fast, love IT!! We can all be farther on our journey by then.

We mustn’t slip back to old ways, we want to feel good this Christmas. We are learning more about our eating everyday, keep the new habits going. xx

Sleep tight everyone xx

• posted by didimarks
    on

Still here and struggling!! Well done everyone you’re all doing so well. Went off piste last week and couldn’t get back on… That drive to overeat is still so strong. Keep giving myself too many options and talking myself out of it. Feeling really awful today- bloated,ibs,grumpy. I know what I need to do!!!! Starting again tmrw!! Everyone is such an inspiration.. please keep posting your successes!!

• posted by Trelawny
    on

I am struggling!! October has been an awful month, lots of problems, not really problems, hitches in my normally very fortunate life. But a lot of friends and colleagues are experiencing ‘hitches’ in their lives. People seem quite short tempered too!! Is mercury retrograde? Apparently not I’ve just looked it up. Anyway I put on 1/2lb Sunday, had followed the plan so don’t know why. I had lost it this morning but it still has an effect!! But I am fighting the ‘eat, eat, eat’ demons and so far I am winning, YAY! I want to break through the 12 stone barrier. The times over the last 12 years I have neared this point (12st and three quarters of a pound) and failed, and just climbed up the ladder again. But I am 63 years old, I don’t want ill health bought on by my own negligence, so I am fighting. I have all the lovely people on this forum behind me. I can do this. YOU CAN TOO DIDIMARKS!! Stick with it, fight those demons! We are masters of our own destinies. Today is the first dy of the rest of our healthier, peaceful lives. xx

• posted by didimarks
    on

Thank you Trelawny!! And well done for persevering! 1/2 could well be water retention. Keep going!! You’re so right. It’s up to us but we have so much support here!! X

• posted by Jackieppp
    on

Hi all

It’s so annoying those scales that tell us 1/2lb or .5 over what we want them to say. I’ve been stuck at 13st 0.5 for a couple of weeks yet when it was 13.1 which was lower it than before I was ecstatic that I’d lost a pound(if that makes sense). So Trelawny you have done so well so far DO NOT let the pesky 1/2 get you down.

Didimarks I seem to struggle quite a bit and yet since June/July I have lost 1 stone 1lb so it really does work even for those of us who can’t sail through it.
    Today I’ve made courgetti spaghetti with meatballs and the usual blueberry smoothie. I love the new book cos I’m not much of a cook but the recipes do seem pretty easy and taste good.
    Let us all keep going girls and look forward to a super slim Christmas xx

• posted by Tattiescone
    on

Aw trelawny and didI!
    Be kind to yourselves. Your bodies are just adjusting. They will settle like a train at a station and then they will leave the platform and chug away choo choo choo! !!
    I was very good yesterday..under call and under carbon just through business. Today was good too..but had pizza at tea. Probably okay cal wise but not good carbon wise. But I will just watch tomorrow. Have lost some cravings for sweet sugar. Not feeling eaty…but feeling determined. Trelawny if it helps..I would give my arm to be 12 stone. I have 3 stone to lose. So in the mountain climbing way of looking at it you are nearing the precipice. I am at Base camp!!!
    But I am going to get my head in the clouds soon!!!!

Tattiescone

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Thanks, love to you all xx

• posted by Natalie
    on

Hi Trelawny, you can do it! My barrier has always been losing more than 5kg (11 lbs) from wherever my starting point is. I get close on whatever diet, then stop and somehow give up. I’ve never lost more than that! It is nowhere near my goal weight, it is a random invisible wall. But this time I will do it – 3 kg lost total as of this morning. On my way.

• posted by didimarks
    on

Natalie – I do exactly the same! I’m hoping this time because the weight loss will be more rapid I’ll zoom through that invisible wall without noticing??!! Mind you would love to be 3kg down too! Well done. Hope you’re recovering from your op.

Sending positive vibes today out there to everyone – especially those of us who are struggling. Have a good day!

Christmas is now round the corner- we can do it!!

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Well done Natalie, great loss. Really pleased you are doing so well after your op.
    Yes Didimarks we can all do this! Perhaps we will buy lovely new outfits for Christmas! What do you reckon!! xx

• posted by Jackieppp
    on

Hi all
    Drat – did quite a long post and its gone and gone. So start again with a well done to Natalie on your weight loss and glad your op went well.
    Actually been gardening today – well tidying up a bit but it’s all exercise so should be helpful. Planted some hyacinth bulbs ready for spring and when they come up I’m going to be at least another stone lighter if not more (cos I could really do with more!).
    What’s everyone had for tea? I made the cauliflower mash with leeks and creme fraich but it turned out a bit soggy so don’t know what I’ve done wrong, Had it with the tomato meatballs. Was quite nice -not super duper – but quite nice. Really hoping for more than a 1lb weight loss this week but we’ll see.
    Love to all

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Hi Jackieppp
    It is lovely to get out in the garden and you can always get a buzz from it, as you can always see what you have done. Plus it all helps tighten up the old muscles!! Hope you have a good weight loss this week.
    I can recommend the Harvest Vegetable Pie from this site, chicken (or quorn) and red pepper curry with cauli rice (had that last night, it was delicious), Cottage Pie with Cauli Mash, Steamed fish parcel (I use salmon, my favourite), Parcel Pork, Brunch Peppers, Courgetti Bean Bake (scrummy) and the Bacon Wrapped Chicken.
    Tonight we had salmon parcel and salad. Have a good day tomorrow.
    Night, night xx

• posted by Jackieppp
    on

Hi Trelawny

Thanks for that. Going to try the Harvest Veg pie tomorrow when I’ve looked it up. Also all the others sound lovely. I too love salmon. The only reason I put on weight is all the biscuits cakes sweets etc ie: sugars!!!! Anyway onwards and downwards is the phrase I believe. Keep at it everyone.
    Night night x

• posted by Tattiescone
    on

Hi all
    14 stone 12 this morning.
    At my worst in September the 13th (what I call peak obesity!!) I was 15 stone10.
    I think in this week I have lost 5 or 6 lbs. I have ditched bread and the blatant carbs. Skip breakfast other than tea or bovril. Lunch is either bovril and apple or salad or soup.
    Eve meal. Meat and veg or salad. Yoghurt.
    Now.. those are great results, however today I can only explain that I had a bit of a headwreck inner turmoil conversation. I got a sense of panic at the thought that I was losing weight. As someone who doesn’t deal greatly with change, I felt as if my inner psyche was trying to panic about potential change. I almost felt a sense of guilt to my old self. That I was denying my old self food in search of a new self. I could hear my old soul asking what was wrong with the old you. I was genuinely quite upset. I expect that over the years my fat self has told me that I don’t deserve to ie be thin or feel good about myself. I personally feel that all this goes to show the multifaceted nature of obesity. I gave myself a good inner counselling session and have agreed with myself that I love my “self” but that I am going to have to show love in other ways now rather than overeating. And that even if I lose a couple of stones I will still be curvy and cuddly and yes still myself! I have myself a hug. Has anyone else had feelings of guilt etc to the old you?
    So everyone. We need to be kind to ourselves.
    And not panic. We will still be nice when we are slimmer.
    Xx

• posted by shalimar
    on

Tattiescone HUGS!!

Hoping for a new start myself!!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.