1st day of the rest of my life!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

JulesMaigret it is strange how we suddenly don’t want to stuff our faces with cake. Is it reading this forum everyday and being enthused by everybody’s victories? If so I shall carry on reading and getting inspiration! Thank you one and all xx

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Let’s have an update everyone
    Tattiescone
    Dididmarks
    Coady
    Jackiepp
    Jocadari
    It will be lovely to hear your news!!
    xx

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

It was actually even worse – I miscounted and bought two extra. In the old world, they’d have been easy prey. In the new world I took them down to the secretaries and got my hands out of the way quickly!

Does this make me some kind of anti-BSD cake dealer?

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Love it Jules Maigret!! xx

• posted by Jackieppp
    on

Hi Trelawny and all
    I’m also struggling BUT I have noticed that I don’t want nearly as many chocs, biscuits etc even when I’ve gone off plan.
    I have finally got down into the 12st mark. 12st 13lb to be precise but that seems really significant, I’ve waited a good few weeks for this.
    So, it appears we are all similar but still succeeding even if very slowly. so let’s all go for the 5 weeks till Christmas and see if we can lose maybe 1/2 stone. Good luck everyone. Keep checking our forum.
    bfn x

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Jackieppp, congratulations on your break through. 1/2 stone for Christmas, you’re on! xx

• posted by Cassyanne
    on

I am on week 7 of blood sugar diet. It has evolved into mediterranen diet, but thats fine. Do not feel hungry, adapted what I eat and use recipe book. I have lost 15lbs and feel really well,
    The test will come on a pre Christmas cruise and then Christmas, but have lost my sweet tooth and bread craving, so hope I will resist carbs.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Well done Cassyanne. The cruise is going to prove your resolve, but as you say you have the plan well in control which sets you in good stead. Loads to do on cruises, so I am told, haven’t been on one myself! So don’t hover around the food areas, get out there and enjoy the fun. Should you overindulge it isn’t a problem, get straight back on it when you are ready. You are, figuratively speaking, at the helm of your cruiseship!! xx

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Good day. Weather abyssmal outside!! So grateful I have a lovely warm home to protect me. Lunch today – 1 1/2 tinned sardines, 1/3 tinned butterbeans, salad and dressing. Dinner BSD cottage pie and brussells, greek yogurt and blueberries, 5 coffees.
    AND 20 minutes of DDPYoga. Feeling good and on it! xx
    Hope you are all doing well. xx

• posted by Tattiescone
    on

Hi everyone.
    So glad to hear you are all doing well.
    I have been very off plan for a couple of weeks. I think I hid the plateau and could not get those sticky pounds off. I just stopped having the strength to keep with it and lose nothing. I had the ghost of slimming world red days saying..come over..you ate half a chicken and 4 slices of bread a day with countless fruit and veg and you lost weight..why are you not eating more?!! Anyway, I didn’t go over to slimming world bug I have just dawdled about. I am also someone who works with people who are dying and people who cannot eat and swallow properly. I just had the ghost of Rabbie Burns shouting in my ears ” some hae meat and cannae eat..and some nae meat that want it..but we hae meat and we can eat..sae let the Lord be thankit”. So…I ate. Because I can.
    Not a lot of crap, but more than 800.
    Anyway, hopeful of falling back on the wagon. I am clearly not going to be 10 stone for Santa, so will just refocus and go slow.
    Xxtattiesconexx

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Tattiescone

Glad to see you back.

The ghosts of slimming world and weight watchers can be very persuasive? They must want us to go back and spend more money – but (certainly for me) those plans didn’t work. I can remember eating half a chicken one lunchtime – because it was allowed. But a practice nurse had told me not to eat a lot of fruit, because of the sugar. If the slimming world ghost whispers in your ear again , please tell it to go away – in whatever words you wish!

Some of my work involves being with people who are dying. In the past my bag would be full of comfort food. But I’ve realised that being in control of what I can control (my eating) helps in those situations where everything else is out of my control.

When I saw the words of Rabbie Burns I smiled – it reminded me of a lady I worked with who always used those words at lunchtime before she became ill, and died.

I have great respect for those who work with the people who are dying. please take care of yourself. It’s all too easy for us to lose sight of that so please don’t beat yourself up.

It’s a nice soft landing back on this wagon. Getting ready to catch you as you come back onboard.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Hi Tattiescone, glad you’re here. Be kind to yourself, stick with the med plan, you’ve done so well on it. Glad you didn’t listen to the ghost whisperer!! You will be much healthier here. Love and hugs, you can do it my lovely xx

• posted by Tattiescone
    on

Ladies..trelawny and captain L. . I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support. It means the world to me. You are so right. I can get the real in depth support that I need here without forking out a fiver and looking for my cheapest leggings so I weigh less! DON’T worry lads and ladies I will not be returning to the dark side. I think again that these wee blips highlight the multifaceted nature of obesity, weight loss, emotion and control. I remember Nigella saying “appetite is appetite” as in– well you probably have your appetite tank needing filled up and the mouth compensates for the other bits that aren’t getting the nutrition they need. I swear on my life that if I had Paul Newman aged 40 to 50 in my bed (or my living room..or the kitchen table) I would not look at a piece of bread! Ha ha! Well not unless he had it in his mouth.
    But yes everyone..throughout this journey we just need to keep trying our best as near as possible every day. I suppose it was hard days and happy days that got us a bit plump..so we can’t expect the reverse journey to be easy peasy. It too will have its hard days and happy days! We have to keep looking to the long term goal and benefits. I do not want to keep the bloatation (my new word) as a safety bumper any more.
    Ladies and laddies you are worth a thousand weigh ins and half chickens. Poor chooks!
    Xxxtattiesconexx

• posted by Jackieppp
    on

Hi all

Tattiescone – Love the Robbie Burns poem. We English have similar said after a meal that says “I thank the Lord for what I ate, if there’d been more, more would I ate, but in this case it is so sad, I”ll thank the Lord for what I’ve had”. Obviously when we’ve not had enough but are still grateful. By the way don’t think Santa’s 10 stone either it’s all those mince pies!!

I’m a real slow mover (literally as well) with this diet but no worries -keep at it with a smile – there’s no competition between us only support.
    Love to all x

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Doing well on pre christmas push. Feeling in control. Hope it lasts!! DDPYoga everyday is really having a good effect on my old body and mind. Keep the faith ‘we will succeed’ xx

• posted by Trelawny
    on

All good here, how’s everyone doing? xx

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Isn’t it funny how we perceive our weight? I weighed 11 1/2st for years, always felt massive, wore jumpers to hide!!! my bulges (summer and winter!), and had a husband who let me know by underhand comments that I was indeed huge! At one stage, about 15 years ago, I did weight 14st 12lbs, at the beginning of my BSD journey I weighed 13st 6lbs, now I weigh 11st 11lbs and I feel positively sylph like in comparison. I don’t feel the cumbersome person I did for all those years! I suppose the wisdom of age, the positivity gained by this way of eating and not having a husband to moan at me, have all added to the equation. Onward and downward to good health and a healthy weight. Have a good low carb day everyone. xx

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Tattiescone, Jackieppp, Didimarks how ya doing?
    Had 4 days off of work, been decorating front room and having another sort out!! Fell off the wagon big time Thursday!! Had a 3 course meal for lunch then a large pasty and 2 eccles cakes for tea!! But Friday and today have been good. Will weigh myself on Tuesday, as per Verano’s xmas thread. Not brave enough to get on the scales just yet. Have awful cold, done nothing much today but feeling bit better tonight, so hopefully will get on with things again tomorrow.Feeling motivated again!
    Happy BSDing everyone xx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Trelawny, I had a pasty when I was last down in Hayle just before I started my 8 weeks in October, but it wasn’t a large one, just a Philps medium steak eaten from the paper bag on the harbour wall. My mum is down there at the moment, staying with her sister on the towans. Just keep on keeping on, the odd day off won’t hurt us. Today’s job for me is making a Christmas cake, will have to be strong and not pick too much at the ingredients!

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Mixmatch, I ordered a standard pasty, but it was massive! Hope your cake turned out well.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

I’m still here, how about you
    Jackieppp
    Tattiescone
    Didimarks
    Coady
    Jocadari?
    Hope you are still with us. Haven’t lost much for the Christmas push, 2 and 3/4lbs, but very, very pleased. Have had a few bad days, well are they bad days? If we were thin they wouldn’t be bad days would they?!! They would just be looked upon as an ordinary day. Our obsession makes it a bad day, we need to adopt the thin persons outlook on life and accept that eating more one day isn’t the end of our good intentions.
    Still being good as far as carbs are concerned, living the Mediterranean diet and loving it. Exercise is out the window, but I won’t beat myself up about that. I am going to get serious with DDP Yoga once I am on my Christmas break, I think I will get up earlier and do 20-30 mins before work. Tried that once before and it worked, don ‘t know why I gave it up. But DDP Yoga looks really good for people with little mobility and aches and pains!! I am fortunate that I am fully mobile but aches and pains come and go, but that comes with age. Letting them stay is when you have the problem. But diet and exercise should get us all on the road to wondrous health.
    Love to hear from you all, whether it is good or ‘bad’! xx

• posted by Natalie
    on

I’m still lurking around. I find yoga mindbogglingly boring, I can’t understand how people can like it! Also I have damaged shoulders which seems to cut out half the moves. I did find some “standing yoga” online but only did a few days, too dull. My exercises of choice are walking outside (gentle) and dancing in front of my Xbox Kinect (vigorous). I haven’t done either of those much for a long time! Need to get back into it. Kinect has quite a few good games, Power Up Heros and Kinect Adventures are good, but Just Dance is my favourite. The sensor watches you and tells you if you’re doing the moves right which adds a competitive element.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Hi Natalie, have been following your progress on ‘Strictly’! DDP Yoga is very different to your usual yoga and is helping lots of people with poor mobility and aches and pains get their life back. I had back problems and my shoulders and arms were so painful, so lost weight and took up yoga. Now my back, shoulders and arms are great. Not back to perfect but not far off, so I would recommend yoga to anyone with aching body parts. Of course the weight went back on but that was before BSD!! I love dancing as well but seldom do that now, but enjoy aerobics and use DVDs, going to classes gets expensive! Hope you’ve had a good day xx

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Well the big day is almost upon us! I wish you all a very happy Christmas and a wonderful new year where all your dreams become reality. It would be fantastic to hear from you all, see how you are all getting on. I am hoping to reach January still weighing under 12st. Then with renewed focus back on the BSD, more exercise and hopefully knock a couple of things off the old bucket list!! Looking forward to 2017 with renewed vitality. xx

• posted by Tattiescone
    on

Hi everyone!
    I am here.
    I have been off plan. Had a big birthday including party which was very time consuming to organise. Plus the strain of Christmas when you are married to a dinosaur with 4 teradactyl babies.
    Going off plan has made me very aware of how bad I feel eating bread in particular and also just in eating non healthily. My skin has broken out in a sort of acne all over my face..and the bloatation is indescribable. I haven’t even weighed myself. The feelings are enough. Yeauch!
    Anyway..even though Christmas is 4 days away, I will be on for 3 and off for Christmas.
    I am totally aware that I am a foodaholic and I that largely all this is to do with self esteem of which there is none. But!! I know I can improve my esteem by caring for my self a bit better.
    My new phrase (having failed to be thin at summer for a decade ) is….”I am on my way to May!” 5 months. Surely I can make a difference! Xx.
    Or the dinosaur version..Shrink or become extinct!
    Christmas party phrase..I’m not drinking
    ..I’m shrinking. Etc etc.
    Love to all. Most helpful people ever!
    TS xxxx

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Happy Christmas Tattiescone! So glad you’re still here. 3 days makes a big difference! Have had several bad days over the last couple of months but get back on the med plan, cutting out grains and potatoes and have managed to lose 3.75lbs. So I am still going. After christmas back on 800 BSD 16:8, hopefully have a good loss. 11st 10lb this morning, over the moon.
    I’m on my way to May! Just think by then we could have cracked it! xx

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Have signed up for the 1000 mile challenge. 1st day – 4 mile walk, 1.5 hours, 25 stair cases, 8,808 steps.
    Have gained 8lbs but I am not going to let that break my spirit. Will plan my weeks menu tonight or tomorrow, food shopping tomorrow, then batch cook some meals. AND of course do my 1 hours walk. DDP Yoga as well.
    Jackieppp and Tattiescone how ya doing? Happy 2017 to you all.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Trelawny – have you joined the Facebook group for the walking challenge?

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Lynne, have put a request in, waiting for reply.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Trelawny – they seem really friendly and supportive (like on here). Really busy on there – might be with new year and the new challenge starting. See you on there.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Back on it my lovelies, having gained 9 3/4lbs over Christmas. But have learned so much from falling by the wayside! Next year I will be ready. I thought I had it sussed this year but how wrong I was! I think I became complacent, had it sorted, which I have in my everyday scheduled life, you know, get up, go to work, usual evenings, bed!! But when I am at home and my life is my own, the Christmas goodies just beckoned and I ran to them!! So I now know that
    a) I don’t let carbs and goodies in the house (will be searching the net for BSD scrummy treats in readiness).
    b) Plan meals meticulously. (During working weeks I plan, holidays I let go and then I falter.) c) Eat at home more frequently (lunch out has become too much of a regular thing!!)
    d) Exercise frequently. (Have had a cold, the weather, any excuse not to go out.)
    e) In other words gain structure so that I do not fall into the ‘one treat won’t hurt’ trap, ‘cos we all know it does.
    So lunch yesterday 1/3 pack lemon and coriander houmous, crudites, 1oz cheddar – dinner bacon and cauli bake BSD, greek yogurt, banana and cinnamon, milk in coffees.
    Loss of 2 3/4 lbs.
    Today same lunch – dinner bolognese with courgetti, greek yogurt and 8 blueberries, milk in coffee.
    Have also signed up for 1,000 mile challenge. On track so far, have pushed myself to get outdoors (even with my cold and freezing temperatures!!). AND feeling better mentally and physically already. Bring it on!! xx

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Slept like a log, only up once for the loo!! Have lost 5lbs of the Christmas excess so very pleased. Only 990 miles of the challenge left. AND aches and pains improving already.
    Amazing what ailments water retention causes or aggravates. Aching arms, legs, pains in chest – all vastly improved in just 2 days. Have a good low carb day everyone xx

• posted by Flash21
    on

Great progress Trelawny! Glad to hear aches and pains are receding. I need to get into that groove as I am aching alllll over 🙁 I mean, I have a terrible back problem which is causing a lot of it but at the moment even my fingers and toes seem to hurt! Good luck with your walking challenge.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Today’s menu – lunch tomato, cucumber, celery, onion, avocado, 5 olives and half a tin of sardines in lemon with lemon and oil dressing. Dinner salmon parcel and salad, to follow greek yogurt and 6 raspberries. Milk in coffee.
    So easy when at work. I will get this eating structure under my belt so I follow it when spending time at home and in readiness for my retirement in a couple of years time!!

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Lunch – as yesterday, Dinner – chicken and red pepper curry BSD and cauli rice, Greek yogurt and half a pink grapefruit, milk in coffees.
    Yesterday felt abysmal, I think with my cold and low carbing again it wasn’t good. But today feeling reasonable again. Didn’t go for my walk yesterday as just couldn’t. Hopefully will manage a short one after work today. Another half a pound gone off of my christmas excess!!

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Lunch out – small portion chilli, cheese and small salad. Dinner tuna, salad and dressing. Greek yogurt and 8 raspberries, 2 small chunks of pineapple. Milk in coffee.
    Walked 9,000 steps. Apart from head cold feeling good. Oh and 6 and 3/4 lbs off of Christmas excess, only 3 more to go!
    Have walked 20 miles this week towards my 1,000. I am only recording ‘boots on’ miles.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Lunch out – small chips, 4 meatballs and coleslaw, tea crudités and houmous with ham, greek yogurt and grapefruit. Walked 3.76 miles. Down 3/4 lb, only 2 and 1/4lbs of Christmas excess to go now, very happy.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I may be visiting Hayle shortly, you’ll have to let me know where you find all these small portions. I’ve been conditioned by Trevaskis farm where a small plate could feed a family for a week, certainly in the early days.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Hi Mixmatch, Trevaskis puddings are to die for aren’t they? I have found the cafes, bars etc, I have used are only too happy to accommodate with altering meals. The meatballs should have been in a sub, but I declined that and asked for a few chips, ‘cos felt like a treat.

• posted by Tattiescone
    on

Hi everyone and Trelawny!
    Starting back today properly.
    Have had a bit of a faff about.
    Last month has been bad. Turn that a into an ‘s. …bsd not bad!
    Brunch..2 eggs..mushrooms..cheese..pepperoni scramble
    Tea..tea..
    Light evening meal planned tonight. Soup.
    Been running.
    Terrible acne breakout on face I think it’s the bread! It’s so sore and ugly!
    Relieved to be back on it. I can’t cope with overeating. Also running more now. .which reinforces healthy thoughts. Xx
    Tattiescone.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Or you can just work on the principle that staying on anything like 800 calories a day then you will eventually lose weight/inches. The body is a complex and resilient structure and it will take some time to adapt to a new regime. Overthinking it will probably not help.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

That sounds very odd, have sent a report to get it checked!
    Tattiescone so pleased you are back on it and running regularly excellent. Have had 2 abyssmal days, all started by having to recall a very nasty tradesman back into my home to sort a problem. But all was well and all sorted, but his previous dealings came flooding back and what do I do – eat!! Will I never learn. Was doing so well last week as well. I can barely keep up with all the posts now, so many new members. But when I get up it will be the first day of the rest of my life! And it will be a good one! My 1,000 mile challenge is going well.
    Jules Maigret you are doing brilliantly, well done.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Thanks for sending the inquiry Trelawney — just a weird point of view. Not sure if helpful.

Please log in or register to post a reply.