1st day of the rest of my life!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Hi Tattiescone, some graphic descriptions there – the picture I have isn’t good!!! Anyway welcome to the ‘1st day of the rest of my life’!, make it a good one. I have lost another 1/2lb. So great actually losing weight quickly. I know it will slow down but this diet is great. Even though the portions are small, I am never hungry as they are filling foods. PLAN!! Then bad times won’t be so difficult ‘cos you’ll have your food organised. You can AND WILL do it this time. Don’t waste your life being fat (and I know what I’m saying there!). You are still young get on and start enjoying life. Get out and exercise. If someone has a problem with you exercising that is their problem not yours! Don’t let others problems cloud your life. Get your kids involved. Do HIIT in the privacy of your own home, it’s easy, or will be!! Climb those stairs yourself. You know the pitfalls, get strategies to avoid them. Lots of people on here each with lifetimes of advice, ask them for it. Look forward to hearing of your progress.
    Have a great day girlies. xx

• posted by Natalie
    on

I am trying but still having good days and bad days. Yesterday, after a terrible night sleep, I decided Doritos, a sandwich, and pasta were all part of a low carb diet … Somehow…

Today I drove to the coast, about half a hour away, and had a lovely hour-long walk beside the sea (Cronulla, Sydney). And had wom bok as a base for my stir fry instead of rice. I continue to strive for more good days than bad!

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Natalie, what a lovely place to go for a walk. Seen pictures of the area, looks wonderful. Had to look up wom bok, as I’ve never heard of it before, but we have similar over here (Chinese cabbage). Are you planning food for your days or leaving it to chance. ‘Cos I know if I don’t plan I am more likely to go off piste, lol! Keep striving. It shows you haven’t given up the fight. Well done for getting back to it and getting out for a lovely walk. ‘1st day’. I am fortunate in that I don’t have to buy tempting foods. My housemate eats the same as me only more!!! xx ttfn

• posted by Trelawny
    on

8lbs loss now. Feeling good. How is everybody doing. It’s a new day folks! xx

• posted by Tattiescone
    on

Hi everyone
    Sorry didn’t log in yesterday. But had a good day.
    I had a 1 hour very brisk walk and run combination with the dog. It was very muggy yesterday, so I was sweating like a pig. Hang on..I am a pig! Finished day at 857 and slightly over the 50 on carbs. .but as you say..every day is a new day. I log it all in my phone. I find that helps. You just have to keep saying that each day is a new chance to learn how to do things differently or trim a little off here and there!
    Today, I have not had breakfast..just a cup of tea. I am hoping to have just another cup of hot water which I like..and i think is good for you in many ways..and then I shall have a salmon salad for lunch with some black olives. Evening meal tonight is pork type stir fry with caulifower savoury rice. I will get an over hour walkrun in with the dog also when wee one at nursery. Presently planning on an hour of vigorous housework before lunch.
    Just for the record..my weight yesterday was 15 stone 8. I am all belly. Thin legs and arms. Just a couple of chins though..if you catch me at the wrong angle.
    Here is another poignant symptom of being a fat mummy..” no photos of me and the children together”. Maybe just 1 or 2 when they were born. I think I should aim to get a nice photo on my 40th with the darlings!
    Have a good day folks.
    Tattiescone x

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Hi Tattiescone
    Just a quick note. When your children are older, they won’t worry about what you look like in a photo. You will be what they remember, fat or thin, happy or miserable, but they will be able to look at those photos and remember those days. So don’t be camera shy, get out there and let those kids have memory joggers for when they are older! xx

• posted by Tattiescone
    on

Thanks trelawny! That is such kindness. I know you are right. But it’s just me. I think because I used to be slim and bonnie..I can’t really get over what I have done to myself! However..onwards and downwards!

894 cal
    31 carbs

Breakfast..2 x cup tea
    Lunch.. salmon salad and olives and mozzarella
    Tea..cauliflower cous cous with veg and pork. Really tasty.
    If I am hungry later it’s a cup of hot water or tea.
    1 hour walk run walk run walk run with the dog all hills as we live on a hill farm! No one saw my bits! Apart from the dog.
    I feel good. Looking at every day as a fresh page to tackle. Next weigh in is next wed.
    Hoping to say goodbye to you 15 stone 8.
    How is everyone else doing!? Weather’s pretty shabby up here!
    Tattiescone

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Good evening,
    Tattiescone – Wendyq says that she has an oxo or bovril drink, fills her up, lots of taste and few calories, might help if you get the munchies! You’ve had a good day well done.
    i don’t know where everyones gone, all okay I hope. Tomorrow is a new, fresh day.
    For lunch today I had cheddar, butter beans and salad with lemon and oil dressing, dinner was shepherds pie with mashed cauli topping and runner beans folowed by greek yogurt and a few blueberries. 5 coffees and copious amounts of water!! So far so good!
    Managed walk, 45 mins, got a bit damp as too warm to wear a coat and started raining 1/2 a mile in. But enjoyed it, quite windy but so fresh and reviving. Finding walking easier already. Mood is better, lighter and brighter. On holiday next week, lots to do in our new home, so will be busy. Must plan meals so don’t lose track.
    Well night, night xx

• posted by wendyq
    on

Haven’t been on here for a couple of days,no time!haven’t even logged on to FatSecret to log what I had to eat but have been good and have been going to the gym.Went up to Aberdeen today,made rolls for the others and the usual cakes etc for the journey but I had cottage cheese,blueberries and salad to munch on,also tuna.starving when we got back so filled up with a bovril then watercress soup,then a bit of cheese.Managed to get on the scales this morning,5lb lost in my first week so pleased with that. Tattiescone,I’m in very few photos with my kids,I am always the one that takes the photos.The next few days are not so hectic so I’ll get back to FatSecret,it really makes a difference counting the calories.

• posted by Napangardi
    on

Hi everyone, I am a repeater committer to BSD but the other morning I said to myself , I am so tired of the back and forth dieting just do it for eight weeks and see where you end up!!! I have completed day one and feel so tired but still good. I am heavier than you all but a bit taller, I could identify withe sentiments expressed in the posts so thought I would piggy back on this thread! I have been unwell, cold flu so my exercise which was going well crashed ….hope to get to the gym this afternoon after work my issue is that I do struggle with the 800 calls. , I just need to be more disciplined re recording… I’m in south Aus. , have a great day or evening!! Napangardi

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Hi everyone I would also like to join this post as it does seem we are all struggling with this.
    Like Napangardi I am 175 but weighing in at 102.3, (down from 103.7 4 days ago). Did the diet in April and lost 5 kilos and then put it back on + 1 so here I am again but hoping not to be too side tracked by life. Aiming to get down to under 90kilos by Christmas but sadly I excell on giving up so am going to try and be active on the boards.

I’m in NSW Australia and its spring here. Have a lovely day everyone and good calorie counting!

• posted by wendyq
    on

Good morning everyone,it’s soon the weekend!Hope nothing happens to sabotage your 800 calories.That’s a good topic actually and something I struggle with as we often have friends around for a meal or supper or playing board games ,there’s always snacks afterwards.We hardly ever eat out so that’s not a problem.Even if the snacks are healthy by that time I’ve eaten all my calories and I can easily blow it.This time I’m trying really hard,I feel motivated looking at the message boards.Everyone on them are people like me,same but different,we all have our own struggles and reasons we find sticking to the diet difficult.I’m envious of the people who have stuck to 800 calories every day for the 8 weeks.Now if they can do it I can!It’s all about being organised I think,having things in that are suitable and not too calorific,requires planning.I feel I’m getting better,more motivated and looking forward to the scales going down.We can all do it!

• posted by Tattiescone
    on

Hi everyone!
    Yes. I totally agree with you all. Us curvaceous ladies and gents didn’t get this way by being ever being good at watching what we ate or having astounding control. We are the ones who don’t always have an “off” button, but we probably have an on button..that’s stuck on at times! It’s just that it is never stuck on the diet button for long enough! I also read threads and think..oh god how did they stick to 800 for 8 weeks with no blips. I have to say that I think the largest part is the mental strength. I always think that I am someone who is fairly mentally strong..but I have to say that food is my stabiliser..it takes the edge off..or it comforts or soothes. So maybe I am strongish because of being a foodie. I am definitely a person who believes that food is love! I have some healthy weight friends who maybe have other compulsions such as picking their face or being quite anxious. Anyway..what I am trying to say is..that for me it is all about getting my head round the 800. Not necessarily getting my mouth or tummy round it..but my head! If every day I try..then that is surely better than not trying.
    What I try to do..is project myself forward 8 weeks and positively imagine how pleased my 8 week self will be if I put in the effort.
    All mind games!
    Have a good day everyone.
    Tattiescone

• posted by Tattiescone
    on

LucyJane and napangardi forgot to say hello!
    Let’s all try our best. I think we are all in the same type of boat. Let’s try and change our dingy dinghy into a taught yacht! Xx

• posted by Shepherdgirl
    on

I’m a little taller but a little heavier as well, I gave up looking in the mirror a long time ago I get enough feedback from other peoples expressions when they first meet me 🙂

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Good evening everyone and welcome those who are new to the thread,
    Well it’s been a busy day for me, trying to get everything up to date before my week off!! Yay I’m on holiday. Now difficult times ahead. I eat when I am happy, when I am miserable and always eat when I have something to celebrate (like a week off work!!! Lol, like a good day in the garden, by doing a good job indoors, by following a diet for a week!!!). I will clebrate anything with food. So will be relying on you all to keep me on the straight and narrow this week! I am hoping to have a couple of days out, another reason for an eating fest in the old days, but this is the new me and everyday is a fresh day and everyday is nearer my goal of a healthy liver and healthy veins! And a happy, healthy old age. So even if I eat more calories than usual as long as I eat low carb I will be ecstatic.
    Today I have eaten cheese and butterbean salad with oil and lemon dressing, bacon wrapped chicken with runner beans (most of my dishes I have found the recipes on this site). Tonight GY&Bs. Coffee as usual. Haven’t had a walk today, but will hopefully get lots of exercise next
    week.
    As you all say, we need to get our head around this low cal diet. But are any of you finding cutting out carbs is making you less hungry. I am certainly finding that’s the case with me!! which is giving me great hope for my future.
    Bfn xx

• posted by Frog
    on

Come on Trelawny
    First day of the rest of your life – you used to eat when you were miserable, you used to eat when you had something to celebrate – now you eat when you;re hungry!
    The fats help with not getting hungry too – looks as if you’re getting a good mix.
    Not quite sure what GY&B is – but other than that it sounds like a great day.

Have a great evening – enjoy the GY&Bs!

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Thanks Frog. GY&B -greek yogurt and berries, my treat every night, love it. Life is a work in progress and I am working hard!!!

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Helloooo
    How is everybody. Had a really good day. Cleaning and sorting, up and down the stepladder, bending and twisting, but now my back is stiff and tender, why after all that exercise! But it will be good after a rest I hope!
    Today have eaten – crudites, 1oz cheese, boiled egg and some salad cream (I know not ideal but all I had, been shopping since). For dinner quorn meal off the site, ’twas very nice. Greek yogurt, grated apple, cinnamon for this evening.
    How has everybody else fared today? xx

• posted by Natalie
    on

I’d been struggling a bit all week and then PMS hit with a vengeance today and I had about a million calories, all junk food, I felt miserable and sick before but even more with all that rubbish in me. Erg. Luckily tomorrow is not just another day, it’s another Monday and a clean slate for a new week! I know that any “right now” is a chance to start again, but there is something motivating about a new Monday. It’s a week you haven’t already ruined.

Someone asked earlier if I plan my meals, indeed I do. Detailed menu plan and shopping list every week. It’s the extras that creep in that are a problem. I have a husband and two kids who like carbs and don’t need to lose weight, and I’m within walking distance of shops so it’s hard to eliminate temptation. But I keep getting up and trying again.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Sorry to hear your struggling Natalie but I agree that Mondays do mark a new start. Weekends are always difficult, I tend to kick back and relax and think ‘what can I eat to reward myself?’!! Invariably have lunch out, loaded with carbs. But have done really well the last 2 weekends (only on my 2nd week, so haven’t become complacent yet). That’s my problem, and many others from what I have read. You merrily go along, strong and confident on your new diet (and I’ve tried many, many different diets!) and you think one biscuit won’t hurt, and it doesn’t appear to, so you have another and then you find that you haven’t got it under your belt as you’d thought. But writing on here is giving me such a boost and helping me face my mistakes. Writing therapy. Of course this diet helps you lose weight so quickly, (found my diet book from earlier this year and it took me 10 weeks to lose 10lbs and I have already lost 9lbs on the BSD!). I am telling myself regularly that this is for my future health, I want to be able to fend for myself well into old age, lord willing! Of course long gone is my PMS. My
    daughter (39 years old) says she tries to replace hers with PMA (positive mental attitude), but
    raging hormones are definitely the devil’s work!! Have you thought about doing the 5:2, 4:3
    or 6:1 diet on your bad weeks? If you could it would possibly make you feel more in control of your weight.
    Well today for brunch I had 1/2 an avocado, 1 fried egg, mushrooms and 1 slice fried
    halloumi. Dinner was Harvest Vegetable Pie then greek yogurt and blueberries. 5 coffees for
    the day and loads of water. I am really enjoying the recipes, they are really tasty and so quick and easy to make. Have done lots of sorting out again today, am finally getting on top of this place. Trying to fit all our belongings in a tiny 2 bedroom bungalow has taken a great deal of throwing out. But the Konmari method came to my rescue. Clearing clutter makes you feel so good and I love it! Well bfn xx Have a good ‘1st day’tomorrow xx

• posted by Natalie
    on

Back on track today!
    I have uterine fibroids (painful but not dangerous – surgery to remove in a couple of months) which seem to be making my PMS much worse and/or I think I’m in peri-menopause, so I’m all over the place! But I can’t put weight loss on hold until conditions are perfect, they never will be, at least not for any length of time. Life happens.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Have a good day Natalie xx

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Good evening, I am very pleased with myself tonight! Have been out shopping for things for the new home and went to a greasy spoon for lunch and I had a SALAD!! Very impressed with myself. However it did arrive on the table with a great chunk of bread which I passed to my mate (who took it home for tea!) and about 3oz of cheese, which I did eat whoops!!. But I was truly amazed by my self restraint. Had white coffee not latte as usual! Then later I was at another eating establisment, stood at the counter waiting to order a latte and chose water instead!! I am so thrilled with myself. Felt so good, came home and had crudites with sardine dip, a little houmous then greek yogurt and berries. Another good day and down another
    3/4lb.
    How’s your day been Natalie? And everyone else on the BSD?
    Sleep well everyone xx

• posted by Natalie
    on

Very impressed Trelawny!

• posted by wendyq
    on

Natalie,I had loads of fibroids removed about 25 years ago,hope your surgery goes well.
    I lost a couple of pounds over the weekend.Tried the beetroot and carrot salad from the recipes,delicious!Usually I’m pretty hungry in the evening but wasn’t tonight.When I counted my calories up I had less than 800 and don’t even feel hungry!My body must be getting used to this low calorie diet.I’ve had to stop buying Greek yogurt as I can’t stop eating it!I’ll have to buy little tubs instead of big ones,the temptation is too much.Well done Trelawny,you’re doing great!
    Hope we can all have a good week.

• posted by susieb
    on

Hi, all.

Sorry for going AWOL, I’ve had such a busy week with work and have not been able to concentrate on the plan!
    But I did lose 1.5lbs so not all bad.

Back on track as from tomorrow and meals planned out. My weigh-in today was 12st. 12.5lbs.

Great job on all your losses so far!
    Trelawney, almost 10lbs in 2 weeks. Fantastic!

Let’s do this – I keep telling myself “it’s only 56 days!”

• posted by Natalie
    on

I just got my surgery date for the fibroids, in one month so that is good, want it done and over with! Wendyq did your surgery help?

I read an article this morning about how in the 70s the sugar companies paid researchers to gloss over sugars problems (they said empty calories and bad for teeth, didn’t mention other issues) and to emphasise the potential heart issues with fat. Disgusting.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Unfortunately money talks very loudly in our world, same with the pharmaceutical companies! Peoples health is of little importance, it’s all about the bank balance!! Fortunately now people are realising that good health starts at home, not the doctors surgery. Let’s hope the growth of true healthy advice continues, more people need to be aware, there is a whole generation out there that need to be educated. We know it isn’t easy, but we are all works in progress, on a huge learning curve.
    But Natalie, I hope your surgery gives great relief to your problems. Please keep us informed xx
    Today is the beginning of my week 3. So far 10 and a quarter pounds lost. Feeling in a good mood (but I have got a week off work!!). In control of meals, long may that last, and enjoying planning and preparing meals once again. Don’t feel as tired either, so all good so far.
    So pleased you are doing so well Wendyq. I know what you mean about greek yogurt it is just so scrummy.
    Glad everyone is doing so well. xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

So agree with you on pharmaceutical companies Trelawny, corporate business has nothing to do with healthy living. Curing people s ills is not in the interest of their bank balance, so treating symptoms is most often pretty much the best they do. And sadly all too often, doctors go for diagnosis by prescription, rather then truly investigating a problem and finding the best solution. So we do need to take control and do the best for ourselves that we can.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just see that there is going to be a new two-parter on BBC1, called The Doctor Who Gave Up Drug. Think this one could be worth checking out Trelawny.

• posted by Flowerpot
    on

Welcome tattiescone, it’s tough at times for sure. A lot of what you’ve said sounds like me, ‘cept I dont like running, hurts too much. I’m in my second week and lost 2.5kgs, I did eat over my calorie limit, (way less than I used to eat tho) I’m blaming stress at work for over eating, but I did also get loads of exercise at work, up and down stairs by the gazillion. The main thing is you’re starting the BSD. This week I will try harder and stick to the 800 cals. It works. All the best. X

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Hi everyone
    Had a look for that programme SunnyB, and it’s on this Thursday at 9pm. Will definitely watch that, looks very good. I shall be interested to see what they have to say about replacing antibiotics, ‘cos you hear about people having problems and a very slow or no recovery all too frequently nowadays. We live in exciting times as far as research is concerned, hopefully there will soon be good news for those with serious or disabling illness. We need GP’s who question. It is obvious that something is very wrong with today’s health and fitness. We all need to take responsibilty for our health. I think education should start in primary school and carry on so that our youth can turn this problem around.
    Anyway I have had another fantastic day. Out to lunch again and chose a SMALL carvery meal, 1 1/2 slices of turkey, boiled veg, no trimmings, no carbs!! and I feel good!! Heck chicken chipolatoes and salad for tea and of course, greek yogurt and 7 blueberries.
    Hope you are all having a great day. xx

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Went shopping this morning and parked 1/2 mile from the shops, so by the time we had been down the main street and back had notched up a couple of miles. Hacking down bushes this afternoon for an hour and half, loaded it all into the vehicle on to the tip and unloaded it all again! So hopefully have burned a few calories there!!!
    Lunch – chicken, bacon and salad, dinner – mushrooms, baked beans and halloumi cheese. Greek yogurt and berries, 4 coffees and loads of water.
    Hope you are all doing well. Be nice to have an update on all that have commented on this thread.
    Night night, another new day tomorrow everyone. xx

• posted by wendyq
    on

Lost another pound so that’s 9 altogether,I’m really happy,just have to keep going.I’m really enjoying halloumi cheese,I dry fry it with tomatoes and it keeps me filled up for a long time.Have just had a litre of spinach soup,just onion,spinach and a stock cube,it looks like green sludge but tastes OK.There was half a massive bag of spinach to use up so decided to make it into soup rather than just eat it raw.
    Natalie,the surgery got rid of the fibroids.My hormones went to pot when I was pregnant and these huge fibroids grew,as a result my son was born at 26 weeks.I got them removed 4 months after the birth.The Dr said I probably wouldn’t be able to have more children as the operation was very extensive,took out loads of fibroids.He said there were 7 the size of a mans fist,5 slightly smaller and dozens of pebbles.I went for tests and everything was working and we had 2 more sons,the fibroids never came back.I wasn’t allowed to have a natural birth and had elective sections 3 weeks before my due date as he said my womb would rupture if I went through labour.I recovered quickly from the surgery,have a huge scar!I’m sure your operation will go well .

• posted by Cara54
    on

Hi everyone. I’ve been reading through the posts and I’d like to join in. Everyone’s story seems very similar to mine. Age 55 and weigh about 85kg. I’d like to lose at least 15kg, possibly more. I don’t have the book yet but planning to go and buy it tomorrow.

I’ve done the 5:2 diet and lost some weight but it all went back on when I changed jobs. I don’t have a lot of patience for calorie counting but I have no problem fasting so will cut back that way.

Looking forward to reading more posts and joining everyone on the journey to ideal weight.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Wendyq – your fibroids sound awful, thank goodness everything turned out well for you. I am sure Natalie will also get great relief after her op.
    Hi Cara54. I hope you find the BSD as good as we all do. It is making such a difference to so many peoples lives. I can honestly say I have not felt hungry since starting 17 days ago. Am feeling more energetic already, a great bonus for me. Cutting carbs really is the way to go, the rest is easy. Best wishes for your journey, look forward to hearing your progress.
    Had a busy day cleaning again and sorting around. For lunch – boiled egg, hummus, crudites and dinner – aubergine and butter bean stew with cheese, then greek yogurt and raspberries. Hoping the scales are kind to me in the morning. Sleep well everyone, night, night xx

• posted by Tattiescone
    on

Hi everyone!
    Sorry I was off the radar. I had a week of feeling bleugh. I thought it was a virus. But then I had a bit of a period..so thought it was that. I don’t actually know! I too have probably got fibroids or something going on “down there” as …
    I have a beard
    Everyone thinks I am pregnant
    I have odd periods
    I did go and get a scan last year and apparently everything was fine..but I know myself that I am either turning in to a man or going to start the menopause..at 39!
    I know you all probably know this but I cannot believe how much I think that the hormones..the appetite..the obesity..the psychology..is all linked. I do totally believe that the 800cals is a reset button. But sometimes it is just soo difficult to break the chain. Anyway I had a few days where I ate some carbs because my psyche was telling me to..but actually the following days ended up feeling worse. Waah! It’s like being a holic of some sort. Anyway!
    I wondered what any of you ladies thought about milk? I was brought up on raw cows milk as a child and me and my siblings were healthy and skinny.
    I have been having a milky coffee for breakfast 250 mls of ss is 150 cal and 17g carbs. I thought this was quite a good way of having a soothing breakfast. What do you think. My mum always said that milk was food. What do you think. It certainly fills you up. And veers me away from toast. But do you think it has its own probs ?
    Lovely day here today. Feeling better and hope to weigh a little less soon.
    Xx
    Tattiescone

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Hi Tattiescone
    DiviB made a comment about cows milk on this thread, he finds he does much better on goats milk. I don’t think I have a problem with dairy personally, but we all differ. For me my calories and carbs have to come in something I chew that way I feel I’ve eaten and am less hungry, lol!
    Miserable today as put on 1/2lb when I weighed Wednesday morning and despite my best efforts still haven’t lost it!!! Mood is not as bright but am determined. Have spent the morning scrubbing years and years of dirt off of more walls, up and down the stepladder, bending this way and that, squats, lunges it’s a great workout! Will be extra diligent today and I know I will succeed this time ‘cos I can come on here and read other peoples journeys and know that I am not alone in my struggles.
    Have a gopd low carb day everyone xx

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Made it! Had another good day.
    Quorn sausages, crudites and salad cream for lunch, pork parcel with broccoli for dinner and greek yogurt and blueberries. Feeling much brighter tonight. Visited daugher and she commented that weight loss was showing so pleased with that. Took blood pressure tonight, it is usually average or very close, but my pulse has not been below 80 in years. Today 74, ecstatic!!
    Keep up the good eork everyone, night, night xx

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Whoop, whoop 12st 7 1/2lbs. First mini plateau sorted!
    Going out for the day, packed a salad for lunch then chinese buffet this evening, but feeling I can handle it today.
    How’s everyone doing? Have a good day xx

• posted by susieb
    on

Well done, Trelawney!! Stay positive and choose wisely tonight – I’m sure you’ll do great!!!

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Thanks, stuck to low carb, not one simple carb made it’s way onto my plate and no pudding. Did have a larger portion than planned but mainly veg, so pretty pleased. Greek yogurt and blueberries when I got home. How’s it going Susieb?
    Night, night everyone xx

• posted by Tattiescone
    on

Hi I posted earlier
    Must have forgotten to submit!
    100 kilos start.
    This morning (7 days): 98.2 kilos.
    Keeping going of course!
    Quite enjoy logging it all and eating better.

Hope you all have a great week!

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Excellent result Tattiescone, keep it up and have a good week yourself xx

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Good morning everyone
    Beginning of week 4. 11 3/4lbs down. Very pleased with my weeks holiday still managed to lose 1 1/4lbs even though I had more calories, but I did stick to low carb. Back to work yesterday, how such a mess can happen in one week is beyond me!!! It will take me a week to clear the back log. Keeps the old grey matter ticking over nicely though.
    How is everyone doing?
    Hopefully my recipe book will arrive today. Has anyone been cooking from it yet and if so how was it?
    Have a good day everyone xx

• posted by wendyq
    on

Unfortunately I haven’t been doing too well this week,have written it off and will start again.It started off badly,friends invited us for dinner,went from bad to worse.His week we have been helping our son move,also decorating his flat.The kind of food I’ve eaten hasn’t been too bad,just too much of it!Well done Trelawny,you’ve been doing fantastic and a real example to me.haven’t been on the computer much at all,so not reading the forums and it has made a difference.I suppose we all have setbacks,think I’ve learned from this one and will do better!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Wendyq, when you say you are starting again, I hope you mean tomorrow. Don’t leave it until next week. By the 15th you had lost 9 lbs, fantastic, you can add to that over the rest of this week. Just get straight back on the proverbial horse.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Hi Wendyq
    Sunshine-girl is right, back to it tomorrow. 9lbs is a fantastic loss, and you can carry on with this healthy eating. It is early days, and as you said you ate well but just too much. You kept to the BSD ‘M’ plan not the BSD 800. So give yourself praise for doing better than you would have before BSD! Back to the forum and words of wisdom from those who have been following this plan for sometime and gather their enthusiasm. It is keeping me focused coming on here several times a day and writing it down helps no end.
    It is fantastic that people are still enthused after so long following this plan. Other diets don’t give you this fantastic feeling of health and vitality.
    Keep on posting, love to hear your news. Is your son all settled now? Think of the calories you burned and the muscles you’ve exercised!
    Night, night xx

• posted by Natalie
    on

Tattiescone from your description it sounds like you have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), facial hair is very common with that along with weight gain, odd periods etc. If you haven’t already ruled that out I suggest you look it up or suggest it to your doctor.

I haven’t been posting because I had a bad week physically with the fibroids and was in pain and hormonal, I didn’t worry about what I was eating at all. I was supposed to start my third round of the BSD on 1 September but I don’t think I’ve managed more than two days in a row since then. Maybe now is just not a good time. I think I will wait until after my surgery (in three weeks) to get serious. I still love reading everyone else’s comments and stories.

Please log in or register to post a reply.