100,000 celebrations!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi all posters, past, present and future! I wanted us to celebrate the fact that we are reaching 100,000 posts on this fantastic, supportive website. I am relatively recent – only 18 months – but in that time I have been able to appreciate wonderful cameraderie, hilarious humour, great success stories, brilliant recipes, interesting up-to-date medical research; and also refreshing honesty about the problems that life throws our way.

So how about a cyberparty? Would you like to join in with
    1) your best non-scale victory
    2) your favourite BSD friendly food discovery
    3) something else that has made you really happy with this way of life.

Of course, as always, you can also just do your own thing! Looking forward to your posts!

• posted by caronl
    on

And I shall start the ball rolling:
    1) Getting comfortably into size 14 jeans for the first time in 30 years.
    2) Verano’s cauliflower and red pepper soup. (I think it’s Verano’s – apologies otherwise!)
    3) The wise words and time given to this website by successful BSD-ers. You know who you are…..

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Wow Caroni a 100,00 posts! That is awesome, so for me it is….

1. I have found a way of eating that actually works for me and many others

2. My brother who is a long time sufferer of over eating and being extremely obese has started this WOE and I never thought he would!

3 we have this amazing community to help us on our journeys. Awesome

Thank you to all of you, you truly are all stars 🌟 in your own right.

Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hi Caroni

What a great idea for a new thread. Here is why I love what the BSD has done for me since I joined in January 2017

1. Fitting into size 10 clothes – I was a size 18 when I started (no lie)!
    2. Greek yoghurt with hot raspberries and cacao nibs – awesome taste and crunch
    3. Fantastic advice, support, humour from people I don’t know who have become my friends.

I couldn’t have achieved my weight loss without the support from the generous and kind people who join this forum. Many who know my journey know it was a long struggle to achieve my slow weight loss and maintenance has proved difficult too. I was given great advice and support to keep on with my journey and I am still here, still doing BSD and still reaping the rewards of my hard work. I will always celebrate the fact that I found out about this way of eating. It was a simple comment at a book club meeting I was at. One of the girls told me that her mum had lost three stone doing BSD. I downloaded the book onto my kindle the very next day and started my journey.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Three celebrations from me since starting in Jan this year:
    (1) from size 18 to size 14 (still some way to go)
    (2) have not eaten any potato, rice, couscous in that time, and not missed at all and bread consumption has been one slice.
    (3) I have been introduced to Clarinet Cathy’s hot raspberries and yog.
    But need to focus so I can add some more celebrations when we get to 101,000!

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Hi all,
    1. For me the biggest victory is reducing my blood sugar levels and my medication. I couldn’t stop smiling on the day I got my blood results lol. Of course discarding weight and fitting into size 14 jeans comes a close second.
    2. Cauliflower rice has definitely been my best new food discovery.
    3. This forum and all the members have been brilliant. It’s so busy every day and always has plenty to catch up on. I really am addicted to it and read the posts any time I get a spare minute. The knowledge, advice, support and camaraderie is invaluable.

Well done to every single person here (either just reading or posting or both). We have all achieved so much in our own ways and have made good friends along the way. Long may it continue xx

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Hip hip hooray for the BSD forum’s 100,000th post!
    1. My biggest NSV is probably the ability to walk all day, but my favorite is without a doubt the rebirth of my love for fashion, as the asburd number of hot boots and sleek blazers filling my closet will attest to.
    2. Fermented foods, hands down. Sauerkraut, kimchi and my home fermentation experiments are daily sources of joy for me.
    3. How deeply it changed what I thought about myself, eliminating a depression that had been my constant companion for 30 years and proving incontestably that I was not a weak, pathetic loser but actually kind of a badass. 😀

Congratulations and love to all of us!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Love this idea and well done for kicking us off caronl … and great to see so many contributions. Mine are ….
    1) the thrill from people still says I’ve lost weight and paying compliments
    2) toss up between cauliflower mash and almond crackers
    3) following the BSD and having the lovely people on this forum has given me a new lease on life. I no longer feel frumpy, stodgy and insignificant, but confident, purposeful and ‘real’.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Guys,
    1. I took a little bit of time to join in because the best NSV has been an interesting concept to consider. I have decided its the feeling of control. – All those years of struggling with yo yo dieting and never getting anywhere. – And now having lost a lot of weight, and increasing control of hunger and working on control of emotional eating. – It makes me feel in control in so many other ways, and yes I would like to join Esnecca claiming badass. I feel I can walk into places with my head up and shoulders back and a strut to my walk. ——- I also feel like I have my life back and can make plans for the future. I spent a few years of getting more and more down because I felt like there were so many things I wanted to do with my life and now was in a state where that would never happen. Now I have a future again.

2. BSD food. – fried radish. – The taste and texture totally changes and using slices of fried radish as the base of the mini frittatas works so well.

3. I agree with the others about the joy this forum brings. – I haven’t really joined in a forum like this one before, and I appreciate all the advice I received when starting out, as well as the questions from newcomers which set me thinking.

• posted by caronl
    on

I love the badass and strutting! But seriously, I am moved by the contributions so far. We definitely have a lot to celebrate. x

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

This is not the right thread, but I don’t know how to start one! It would have been “who am I kidding?”. I have discarded 1 1/2 stone, I am not eating any white carbs, food wise all is good, but I have to confess that whilst I have been posting recently chirpy posts, “liquid sugar” has been at my side. Constantly. I feel a complete hypocrite though I so know this works and will work for all of you!

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi sixturkeys You have a lot to celebrate, and I don’t think you are kidding yourself to acknowledge and celebrate what is going well. I do know what you mean about feeling hypocritical – there are some weeks when I go very quiet and don’t feel able to be a cheerleader while quaffing wine and munching too many nuts. Hence the 4kgs that reproach me each morning and are my challenge before the summer. But you are also right to acknowledge “the adder in the grass” as the Dutch would say – the lurking problem. I find that one glass of wine almost invariably leads to another – Allie calls it wine creep. Can you aim to ban it for three days? After that, it won’t pop into your mind. And find another drink – ginger and fizzy water/ verbena tea/? …. to distract you, and help you savour all that you have achieved. xx

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hi Caronl, that is such a sweet post, thank you. It’s really been in the last two-three weeks that the liquid sugar has become a regular feature. When I first started I didn’t touch a drop, then it was the occasional glass. So I am feeling so cross with myself for my weakness! No one is forcing me to buy the stuff! Anyway, I have just poured three quarters of a bottle of red wine I had left down the sink, and having been out earlier to get enough food to last for several days (prawn/pakchoy and mushroom stir fry, and I am going to make some turkey mince patties to eat hot and cold, plus some eggs and asparagus) I have no reason to find myself sleep-walking down the wine aisle! Hopefully that will kick-start the stalled discarding…. Thank you again!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Sorry, I haven’t posted in a while. I do often pop in and read but, and I know it sounds pathetic, rarely find time to post. However I thought that I really shouldn’t pass up the chance to join in the celebrations on this thread.
    1. Enjoying shopping for fashionable clothes again and, more to the point, having the confidence to get rid of every single article of clothing I possess larger than a UK8 (US4?) because I absolutely KNOW that I will never need them again.
    2. BBQed cauliflower – absolute revelation, it will take so many different marinades, flavourings, etc and the wonderful charring……
    3. Being fitter than most of my friends and family, even o/h and his serious cycling friends.
    Just love this WOE, 4st down, 2 years in maintenance (in 2 weeks), and even though I allow myself indulgences (wine at weekends and holidays etc, the very occasional chunk of good artisan bread) not a single pound has been gained! I bless the day I found BSD, and thank all my forum buddies for their support and encouragement. Cheers, folks – I raise my glass of wine/ sparkling water to us all. X

Please log in or register to post a reply.