1 week in! Reflections.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Happyhel35
    on

So today marked my first 7 days on the fast 800.
    I was 13 st 5 and a bit.
    I weighed in today at 12st 12 and a bit.

I’m very happy so far but i have realised you cannot do this half heartedly. You need to plan, shop appropriately and plan again.

I have discovered i feel better (possibly all in my head but i don’t care) if i eat a small breakfast of 50g full fat greek yoghurt and a sprinkle of seeds or nuts. If i go without breakfast I’m struggling.

Lunch needs to be a small fish or meat salad. Soup if it’s freezing weather.

Dinner must be a hot meal. If its not i just don’t feel as happy. That will change when the weather improves I’m sure.

I have also realised that currently i need to stay away from cheese . I’m eating far too much.
    And i need to watch my milk intake. I know its the cold but I’m drinking 5 cups of tea a day 😯😯

But apart from ham and 2 shoves of bacon i cant remember eating anything processed this week. That’s pretty incredible. And no bread, alcohol, pasta or anything like that.

I don’t look any slimmer- measurements are the same, but my skin is definately glowing as I HAVEN’T DRANK SQUASH IN A WEEK!!
    Here is too next week. Much love all
    X

• posted by Onmyway
    on

Well done what a brilliant result. Sounds like you must have got lots right to lose 7lbs! I hope your second week is a great success too!

• posted by Happyhel35
    on

That’s onmyway. Its a lot of water i know but I’m very happy 😀

• posted by Onmyway
    on

I’m only a couple of weeks in front of you so that happy feeling and determination is thankfully still with me. Don’t underestimate how well you’ve done!

In my WeightWatchers days I’d have probably gone to the chip shop to celebrate. 😂

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Wow happy that is great news hun, I am so pleased for you. The thing I love about this WOE is that we discard quite a bit in the first week, I lost nearly a stone and I know with slimmers, WW and other diets that would have taken weeks, months and even a year! All that drop one, pick one, drop 2, pick three etc….. how slow and boring. The other day I really thought it had all gone a bit wrong, but just two days later and gilet is even loser on me! I am ecstatic! I can do it up and it is only tight over my bust! It really should not have been done up at before I started this🤣🤣🤣🤣. I am so so pleased for everyone on here who like me have struggled so long with our weight, that we are seeing results and learning a fantastic new way to eat that will get us the bodies we want, and help beat that bloody diabetes 💞🦜

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Great job, Happyhel! I know what a big deal it was for you to shift from your breakfast toast to the yogurt and seeds, and wow, no squash! Give yourself a huge pat on the back for taking on this WOE in such a committed fashion despite years of messaging and habits pushing you in the opposite direction. The results speak for themselves and will drive more of the same.

• posted by Happyhel35
    on

Onmyway- i used to go shopping just to buy my weigh day treats when i was at weight watchers!! And don’t get me started on those fake chocolate bars i used to buy as they were low points!!!!

Birdy – thank you for your encouragement. Brill news on the gillet. I think its a matter of when not if you beat diabetes !

Enesca- thank you! I’m happy with the lighter breakfast but i have yet to feel comfortable doing a big run after seeds and yoghurt. However i feel a million times better for giving up squash. And my skin is much softer.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Happy thank you but I am not diabetic, I was on my way though. I had it when I was pregnant and I was edging closer and closer to being prediabetic! But with this WOE my BG is at an all time low at 4.7. I am very very lucky. 💞🦜

Please log in or register to post a reply.