1 week in and no shift on scales

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Funkydoofamily
    on

I’ve been on 800 calories a day since Sunday. Been charting everything in my fitness pal app. 2 kids so out and about walking on school run/walk 3x a day. Feeling tired but finding this all easy. But just weighed in and no change ๐Ÿ™ was 14.1 stone and pretty much the same today. What am I doing wrong? I’m carrying on though! need to as Pre-diabetic and have diverticulosis and endometriosis so it will help with all that. Any tips?

• posted by Bre123
    on

Hi Funkydoofamily. The weight loss has to start eventually if you are sticking to the 800 calories and following the rules regarding the types of food you are eating. I found the more water I could drink, the better the weight loss (about 3 litres a day) – it’s tiresome drinking the water but it is a great help and at least the weather is getting a little warmer.
    I ate porridge oats or full fat natural yoghurt with seeds for breakfast, a big colourful salad with protein (tuna, prawns, chicken, eggs, feta) for lunch and then a protein and veg based dinner – calorie breakdown 200, 300, 300 approx. as that worked best for my lifestyle. Linseed seeds are also excellent if you suffer with a little constipation – I mixed them with my yoghurt. I record everything I eat, the amount and calories to keep track and I try to plan for the week ahead so I’m prepared for the days ahead.
    I’m sure if you keep going the weight will come off – good luck, and let us know how you get on.

• posted by ON PHONE
    on

Hi FDF ๐Ÿ™‚
    Sorry to hear you haven’t had the immediate change you’d hoped for.
    Maybe you could check your carb levels on Nutrition Section of My Fitness Pal to see if you’re keeping it to about 50g (from memory I think that’s the recommended level ???)

OP

on

Thank you. I’ve averaged 66g of Carb a day according to Myfitnesspal so not way over but can obviously improve. I drink a lot of water….porridge has been good for breakfast so will stick with that and maybe vary things for lunch to find a level. Thanks for the responses!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Funkydoofamily
    please carry on with the plan.
    If you are sticking to 800 calories and that level of carbs you have to lose weight.
    It may happen a little slower for you, it does with some folk and the general pattern seems to be no weight loss showing for a time then, overnight, a good loss.
    We will all be rooting for you so keep posting and let us know how you get on.

on

Thanks for the encouragement all! On scales this morning and 6lb has gone plus an inch from my waist! Really pleased and realising it’s all worth it. Celebrating with some gram flour pancakes for brunch!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Great to hear Funkydoo
    I think I’m going to get a rubber stamp made.
    You know the one, it says I TOLD YOU SO
    Seriously, this way of eating is forcing our bodies to rethink the habits of a lifetime.
    We are all individuals and we will all react at different speeds but you have just proved that, if you keep faith, it does work
    Have a great weekend

• posted by Col
    on

Congrats Funkydoo ! Well done for hanging in and seeing the results….I find if I can go even lower with carbs 20-30g and use the calories for fat I feel full and have more vavavoom….it also encouraged the weight to drop!

Keep going, you have got this ๐Ÿ˜€

Please log in or register to post a reply.