1 Week In

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Moon
    on

As the title says, I’m a week into the fast 800 blood sugar diet and have so far lost 7lbs, highly unexpected as I was already on a 1600 calorie diet for the past four months. Have decided to drop 500mg from my daily dose of 1500mg of Metformin and touch wood have seen blood sugars remain at a perfect level after they fell between .2 and .5 last week.

I’m not sticking rigidly to the 800 calories 5 days a week, am going over by 2-300 then letting exercise take me back down to a net 800, then on the other 2 days am restricting myself to 800 regardless of activity, so a mix and match of the fast and 5:2 I’d guess. Either way, I’m coming in between 30-50g of carbs a day, and that seems to be working out fine.

Got a little dizzy on the 2nd day in, but now the hunger has gone, and I’m feeling good. Hopefully, the next seven weeks will be as kind to me

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Moon — welcome to the forums! You are off to a great start!

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Hi from me too Moon. A lovely start and I like that you’re doing what works for you. Enjoy your new way of eating!
    Maggie

Please log in or register to post a reply.