This super simple soup is brilliant for those days when you just need a big bowl of something warm, nourishing and green! It’s a bit fancier with the goats cheese but also super lovely without.
• 3 cups water or mild stock
• 2 heads broccoli
• 100g (3oz) goats cheese, sliced
• 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, to serve
1. Bring water or stock to the boil in a medium saucepan. Chop broccoli into bite sized pieces.
2. Add broccoli to the pan. Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until the broccoli isn’t crunchy any more.
3. Remove from the heat and whizz using a stick blender or a blender until you have a smooth purée.
4. Taste and season with lots of salt. Bring back to a simmer. Serve with goats cheese on top and an exceedingly generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.