Would you like to share your success story?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Midfielder
    on

Repeating part of my previous post, my outcomes has been unbelievable, key metrics male 64, height 167 cm, weight was 103Kg, 36.9 BMI. Result after the eight weeks, weight 85Kg, 30.5 BMI, and only about 1.5Kgs off being obsess, and simply overweight. My new target weight is 74Kgs hopefully by late Feb early Mar.

I was pre-Diabetic; my blood sugars are today totally normal taken off meds. Energy levels through the roof and sleeping better.

As I also mentioned my journey has not been without issues and dramas, and my assumptions others maybe experience similar issues, and hopefully this may offer some ideas [accepting always its not a one size fits all].

Hunger, its difficult to explain how hungry I felt in the diet especially the first say 5 weeks. I was aching or that’s what it felt like. Nothing was working and I was staying to the diet. I read & listened extensively and Dr M, said, if you do “High Intensive Training” it helps with hunger pain. For me this worked I not only did the HIT but heaps of tummy excises. It worked and also kicked off the next phase in weight loss as I have stalled for a couple of weeks.

I struggled aside from the first say week and a half, to drink the two to three litres of water a day. My guess I only drank the required amount somewhere between 15 & 20% of the days. Never got close to three litres. I never had bathroom issues as I used lots of spices in my cooking with also lots of raw vegetable’s and that seemed to keep me regular. So I gave up trying and drunk about 1.5 litres of water a day.

The calorie count over say three meals and in-betweens I found impossible to manage for days on end. After reading Dr M’s research he said its not how often you eat or when you eat, its how much you eat. So I had many days two meals and quite a number with only one meal. The effect was for a wee while after my main meal my hunger abated.

One thing I did which I will post latter was to create my own calorie chart and became quite the expert in preparing meals I liked that fell within the 800 cals a day.

My next post I will explain what kept me on the diet despite the above.

• posted by George01
    on

After trying slimming world and WW and getting no where and been constantly told by my doctor that weight gain was an unavoidable symptom of menopause i decided to try BSD. I have 2.5 stone to lose . I started on 4th March and as of this morning 10 days later I am 10 pounds lighter . One very happy lady . My husband who is a chocoholic who never puts any weight on is also following diet but having 4 times the portion size . In a nutshell it’s working for both of us for different reasons and we both feel great . Thank you Michael you should be knighted 😀😀

• posted by Eej
    on

Just started last Monday after seeing Michael talk in Lincoln. Doing the BSD with a 17:7 fast as never liked breakfast and only started having it when told to by my doctors/nurses. Will give a proper update next Monday after the first week. Already seen a few pounds go and my blood sugar dropping. Good Luck to all out there
    Cheers
    Eej

• posted by M2019
    on

Well done on the great progress made so far Eej ! I look forward to hearing your weekly update 🙂

• posted by Eej
    on

Hi
    So after my first week I have lost 10lbs and it seems to be going from my belly. My bloods have dropped into the normal range (barring one morning after a curry). The curry was a chicken dhansak (lots of lentils) along with a brown rice that had been cooked, frozen and reheated. Not been hungry in the main. I have been snacking on walnuts or cashews when needed and kept to 800 calories a day. Eating omelettes at work and apples and nuts at home with dinner made up of a good protein/veg balance. Struggling a little with restaurants but it’s the first week so will get used to it.
    It’s been very encouraging so far, another 7 weeks to go.
    Good luck to all others
    Cheers
    Eej

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Eej
    That’s a great result. Fantastic that your blood sugars have dropped into the normal range but also with the belly fat – that was the very last place mine went from!
    Best wishes for this week. Let us know how you go.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Reported to moderators

Please log in or register to post a reply.