Woosh, gently!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by WeeScot
    on

I was ready to give up a few weeks ago as I was not losing weight but encouragement and advice from folk on the forum have helped and I have now lost 9lbs. I think I had/have a lot of visceral fat to lose and this has slowed progress and maybe I am one of these folk who takes a while to get weight off. So if you are despairing based on the claims of the book to lose 2 stone in a couple of months don’t give up, I am hoping to have lost 1stone by the end of two months and will keep going with the 800 wherever possible. Holidays are on the horizon which make things more challenging, a couple of days away last week led to me putting on a pound and a half but it did come back off in a few days which was encouraging. For me this is a life change as I not only want to lose weight but turn around my prediabetic and high cholesterol status.
    So just to reiterate don’t be put off with all the hype of fast weight loss and the woosh effect will kick in even if it is a very gentle woosh!

• posted by Pukkapies5
    on

Thanks for this. I too find I’ve hardly lost anything in 3 weeks so I will stick at it and hope for good news over the 8 weeks.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Well done both of you for sticking to it without the massive weight loss you maybe expected. Everyone is different and as you say, since visceral fat loss doesn’t seem to show on the scales, maybe much of your loss has been there, where the improvement to your health is the most important thing.

• posted by Pukkapies5
    on

Thank you so much for your reply. I do feel “thinner” so will keep at it and hope to see proper results soon. At least these first few weeks have helped me get into a pattern of eating.

• posted by WeeScot
    on

As the person who started this thread I am 12oz off my first stone after 8 weeks on the diet. This is going to take time though. I am feeling better physically and hope the diabetes will be going into reverse by the time I have my next blood test.

Please log in or register to post a reply.