Wobbly 2nd week

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by silver
    on

Gosh I am feeling amazed to be honest that I have managed to stay off the white stuff for 2 weeks but this week is tricky – I wasn’t but now craving a wee bit again. plus i sense a bit of emotional eating creeping in – for a day now. All healthy stuff but i have upped my calories today i know I have. Any tips folks? or anyway further on and been there? Thank you !

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Two weeks in means your body is starting to notice you are depriving it of sugar. If you give in to your cravings now you will have to do all that work again. This isn’t about your will power or you being a weak person. It is a chemical urge to retrieve what your body thinks it has lost. But cravings pass, we’ve all been there. You could try the old favourites of sugar free gum, mint tea, fruity teas, etc. Coconut flour makes sweet but healthy pancakes and snacks. Doing stuff is a good diversionary tactic, whether it is exercise, housework, whatever, especially things that involve achieving something. Its not easy to keep your head in the right place all the time but its very worth it and the cravings do ease off with time. Come on silver, we know you can do it!

• posted by Janet1973
    on

One more thing – fruit with full fat yoghurt is really yummy and as someone on the site reminded me, sugar is poison but fruit and yoghurt is food 😉

• posted by silver
    on

Thank Janet for your support! I haven’t succumbed I daren’t now as I feel good that have got this far but i have eaten a few more handfuls of nuts than necessary but will start again tomorrow! I have been veering away from too much fruit but perhaps I should eat a little more when I feel like this – wise? Thanks again

• posted by Janet1973
    on

No problem silver, the forum had to talk me off the precipice last week so I’m just returning the favour! Your nuts are absolutely a better alternative and fruit such as berries, apples, pears are fine, just be mindful of the carbs so maybe only one portion a day. Strawberries are delish!

• posted by Sharon
    on

Hi I have had a wobbly 3rd week but I will get back on track tomorrow. I have got my husband to hide the grandchildrens Easter eggs so i don’t get tempted again. I have lost over a stone and I know if I give in now the weight will creep back on and that is not an option for me!! I will be having the full fat yogurt and fruit next time not the chocolate, it didn’t even taste as nice as I remember!! Good luck everyone for the rest of the week.

• posted by Denise47 Jones
    on

I tii am on week two and have been craving today! I weighed myself thinking that would put these thoughts out of my head and not lost any more weight since I weighed on Saturday. This has spurred me on to not giving in. I am lacking in energy though, is that normal?

• posted by silver
    on

Hi Denice – me too on the energy front and in part that is why I think I was wanting to eat more than usual – i defnatlt went overly 800 today! Maybe there are physiological changes at week 2?

• posted by silver
    on

Its funny as in these moments I want sugar!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hey Silver
    you have it all wrong, you don’t want sugar, it want’s you but it is now just a memory that sometimes will come back like a recurring nightmare
    Treat it as such 😉

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Denise and Silver

Lots of people have a bit of a battle in weeks 2/3. If you check other threads on the forum, you will see that you are not alone in this and that as long as you stick with it and keep your head in the right space, you will get though it and start to see positive results again soon. I certainly struggled in week 2, with the weight loss plateauing and not really budging through week 3 either.

I actually succumbed to some this sweet stuff at the w/e, but found I didn’t really enjoy it and felt stupid and guilty afterwards. Took me awhile to realise I needed to chalk it up and move on. If you are managing to resist the cravings, you are doing really well and should be proud of yourself. Think the diet in the early days, affects people in various ways – where some feel energised, others have problems with lethargy. For me it has been needing to get to bed earlier, as although I feel vital and energised during the day, I flag quite early in the evening. I’m into week 4 now, so I guess this might change as I progress.

Good luck to you both as you continue with your journey on the BSD. Make sure to keep posting and check out the other threads on the forum, as you’ll find lots of tips, info and support on them.

• posted by Sharon
    on

Hi all
    I have had a very good day today, l have been to the gym to help with the chocolate I ate yesterday! Like you SunnyB I didn’t really enjoy it either!! I certainly didn’t enjoy the extra long workout today, that will teach me not to give into temptation. Good luck to everyone.

Please log in or register to post a reply.