Will not being able to exercise much make a difference

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lowenna
    on

Hi. I have hypermobility which means I am struggling to find an exercise I can do safely (Ironically last time I embarked on an exercise regime , the ladder exercise recommended in the Fast Exercise Book I did manage to get to my ideal weight but that’s only because I ended up in the spinal unit because of it)

I’m worried not being able to do resistance exercises will mean the diet not working.

What is everyone else doing?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Don’t panic, that BSD will work regardless. It is of course enhanced if you can exercise, as you would be burning more calories per day, thus increasing likely weight loss. I confess I am not as active as I should be and really not for any good reason, but I am still managing to lose weight using the BSD.

Suggest increasing your activity in any way you can, ‘cos every little helps and stick as closely to the 800 cals a day as you are able and watch the carbs don’t sneak up on you, try to keep them around the 50g mark if poss.

Let us know how you get on.

• posted by Sassie
    on

I cannot exercise due a mobility problem. I am still losing weight just at a slower rate. I am losing about 1 kg a week, but have lost inches!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi Lowenna you CAN loseweight still..i know someone who lost 31lbs on 8 wk BSDand she admitsshe did no exercise
    I cant do much due to health probs but have lost 13 1/4 lbs in 10 days.
    Try not to sit too long..move round as much as you can even if only for short time and at regular intervals.
    I dont think you can fail to lose on 800 cals a day as you use up more than that even if you lay in bed 24/7 but obviously it wdnt do heart and lungs much good! Good luck on yr journey! X

• posted by SusanZhang
    on

I do squats and step-ups which are working amazingly for me.

• posted by Nursebean
    on

Oh don’t worry Lowenna – you’re not alone! I am unable to do much exercise due to health problems – but I’m still losing weight (more weight than I’ve lost in years in fact!)

I started doing yoga at home again but have recently done my back in (don’t know if its because of the yoga) so am hoping to see a chiropractor this week. I’m hoping for miracles!! 🙂

• posted by Nursebean
    on

By the way – I’ve seen the chiropractor now – OUCH!!!

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

Hi Lowenna, I’ve also not been terribly active (office job, not enough leisure time) but I have bought a Jawbone fitness/steps monitor on the recommendation of other BSDers and it is already making conscious of trying get more steps in each day. Even walking round the office adds up!

• posted by Wilma Flintstone
    on

Hi Lowenna,
    I haven’t been very active either but i have still lost weight-on week 3 now. I like youtube exercise videos yoga with adriene is very good, so is the BeFit channel. There are online videos of easy dance classes that don’t over extend muscles like the Richard Simmons sweatin to the oldies and they still give a decent workout.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

WILMA FLINTSTONE i love that name! I will look into yoga with adrienne and the befit channel on youtube.thanks for the info and good luck x

Please log in or register to post a reply.