Which one do I believe?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SOS
    on

Today I logged my cals on MFP and nutracheck. MFP says I am over the 800 limit and nutracheck say I have 120 remaining. What to do?

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Throw them both in the bin and go on instinct is the first thing that springs to mind
    This is the trouble with these apps, charts, websites etc, they all give different values for different foods so, by sticking with any particular one you could be higher, lower, or on the correct allowance.
    Personally I just watch the carbs and portion control, I let the calories take care of themselves.
    If you feel you do need the security of an app, pick one and only use that one, saves all the confliction worries.

• posted by MaryR
    on

What Bill said! Though personally, tracking the calories does help me to stay on track. (Cronometer is the one I use) I’m a bit of a control freak, so micromanaging works for me, but I don’t freak if the count is up a bit, as long as I’ve been sticking to the principles. (6.5 weeks, and 20 lbs down- though on a plateau right now- more research needed!)

• posted by hashimoto
    on

MaryR, the plateaus resolve themselves so stay with it – I know you will as 20 lbs down is fantastic! Only 1 lb of a stone and a half! Go gal, go!!! 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.