When to Come Off the Fast Diet (for people with diabetes or prediabetes)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ziggy
    on

When do you know when to stop? That is if you are doing the BSD Fast Diet to reverse diabetes or prediabetes? That is if your problem really is just visceral fat.

MM recounts the story of a man who lost 9lb in 11 days, tested his Blood Glucose levels, found that they were normal and stopped the Fast Diet. Well the full story is that his BGs has returned to normal after 11 days and 9lb weight loss, he waited two months to see his doctor and his blood tests were still well below the diabetes mark and regular tests since are fine.

In my case my BGs as told by my HaB1cs are in the normal range, I don’t test before and after meals because NICE (the NHS advisers) don’t think Type 2s need to test. Again Michael suggests going to your doctor for tests after two weeks and after four weeks and if your results are OK to go on to the maintenance diet.

I know I put off my HbA1c, just told the GP practice it didn’t suit, so should be getting another in August, maybe even before the end of the 8 weeks, but that suits me as I have been seeing good enough weight loss results already.

So, has anyone stopped before the end of the 8 weeks? Or before the end of 4 weeks?

Please log in or register to post a reply.