What Should My Fasting Blood Sugar Reading Be In 8 Weeks Time?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sandrainc
    on

Hi…This morning my FBS was 11.6 mmol. I got the recipe book last night and this morning have started with scrambled eggs. My HBa1c is due mid June. Although I’ve been keto for 6 weeks approx and lost 1.5 stones I need to control my carbs more.
    If anyone had a reading like mine before starting the BSD can you tell me what I should expect please knowing that everybody is different.
    Thanks

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Mine was 11.5 when a nutritionist put me on a terrible high carb diet?????? I tried to cut out carbs myself but still ate some in smaller amounts and my next HbA1c was 8.4, started the BSD800 and 6 weeks later HbA1c 6.9, then 3 months later 5.9 and now 5.4. Good luck it really does work.

• posted by sandrainc
    on

thank you sunshine-girl
    when i came from my physio the postman posted the BSD800 book through my door. I’m going to read it now…cant wait.
    Your story inspires me and you seem alot happier.

on

Good for you Sandrainc love your blog – keep on keeping on…

• posted by sandrainc
    on

Thanks slot but what should I do now? Should I increase my calories. I’m still overweight. Or should I continue for 7 Weeks more on 800 plan?

on

Please please continue on the 800 Fast plan and watch your weight come down as well. In my experience it is the carbs that cause the problem so if you go over the 800 it will not do too much damage to your blood glucose but you are only on the first part of the journey. The 800 helps the body shift visceral fat from around the pancreas and liver, hopefully shocking them to deal with the sugar in a normal way. Keep a closer eye on your blood glucose as it can fall quite low, mine has been as low as 3.8. I had to cut my medications but dont know if you are on any. If you go low or feel ill have a BSD friendly snack like some cold meat or some prunes and yoghurt to bring it back up to safer levels. Only 7 more weeks to go so keep going. Just so you wont be disappointed, the 5.0 reading might shift up or down for no reason and when you have your HbA1c it will probably be higher than 5.0 as it calculates 12 weeks average, dont worry, it will just get better and better. I am in my 11th month and still try to do 800 (except for holidays), i’m not losing much weight but my BG is stable at around 5.0 with medication. My aim is to be off the meds and still be around 5.0.

Good luck.

• posted by sandrainc
    on

Love your reply and encouragement.
    I will stick to 800 BSD for 7 more weeks as I do have big belly as you can see in my cooking videos.
    I’ve not taken metformin for donkey years btw.
    You keep on going too. And you will get there.

• posted by sandrainc
    on

MY RESULTS…Day 12 on Blood Sugar Diet Update…very long term Type 2 diabetes…stopped taking metformin in 2011…still ate plenty carbs fats protein
    Started Blood Sugar Diet 10th May 2017 – Fasting blood sugar 11.6mmol
    10/05/17 FBS 11.6 mmol
    17/05/17 FBS 5.0 mmol – Dramatic drop in 7 days – never happeed even when I was on metformin
    18/05/17 FBS 5.1 mmol
    19/05/17 FBS 4.8 mmol
    20/05/17 FBS 5.7 mmol (7.20am)
    20/05/17 Before evening meal – 4.2 mmol (5.40pm)
    20/05/17 – 1 hour after last bite – 4.6 mmol (7.15pm)
    20/05/17 – 2 hours after last bite – 4.8 mmol (8.15pm)
    21/05/17 FBS 5.4 mmol

Weighed 111 kg on 16th March 2017 – Doctors Surgery
    Weighed 99.9 kg on 18th May 2017 – Doctors Surgery
    Approx 2 stones lost

No more weeing every hour at night
    My knee bursitis has 90% cleared up
    I have plenty of energy…etc etc etc
    I’m a new woman

on

Way to go girl – I dont know how to put on emojis but whoop whoop…. 🙂

• posted by sandrainc
    on

thanks sunshine girl…when I first chatted with you I had no idea my insulin sensitivity would go back to non diabetic normal. You helped me so much to stick with it and not to panic lol
    thanks…Sandra

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

This is fantastic Sandrainc! Such good results in short order!! Keep going!

• posted by sandrainc
    on

thanks californiangirl…my insulin sensitivity has sharpened via intermittent fasting 16:8 daily. IF has also cleared up my knee bursitis. This way of eating has changed my life and health…cheers…sandra

Please log in or register to post a reply.