What have you eaten today?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Funkydoofamily
    on

B: 2 egg omelette with 30g cheese and some spinach
    L: 100g Chicken with salad, leaves, cucumber
    D: Cabbage and butter bean soup
    Nuts, yogurt for snacks

• posted by Jandz100
    on

B – full fat yogurt & berries

L – last portion of red pepper and tomato soup

T – stir fried chicken, asparagus, broccoli & green beans

Could only manage 2/3 of my tea so will take rest to work tomorrow for lunch…only thing is I have unused calories now and I’m not hungry

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Lunch – morello cherries and raspberries, cooked in microwave and fage yoghurt. Amazing – did make my eyes water a little but in a good way. My dog loves fage yoghurt too!

• posted by Alibaba
    on

Breakfast – Yeo greek yoghurt & pomegranate seeds
    Lunch – Red Pepper “rolls” (1 red pepper halved and filled with hummus, fresh coriander, cucumber, feta, a sprinkle of mixed seeds, black pepper & a squeeze of lemon juice)
    Dinner will be baked sea bream with lemon and chervil butter and a green salad

I follow guidelines in the book and check weights for acurate(ish) portion sizes.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Never thought of warming berries – good idea @janet1973! My cat also loves Fage yoghurt – she begs for it!!

@alibaba – those rolls sound lovely, will be trying those.

Sometimes I’m at a loss what to have for dinner, esp if I’m limited by the cals already used in the day. I enjoy browsing on here for inspiration.

• posted by Dearbecks
    on

L – Feta salad
    D – Veg chilli with cheese, guacamole & creme fraiche
    Yogurt & berries for later

• posted by Jandz100
    on

B – full fat yogurt and berries

L – left over chicken & veg stir fry

D – 2 sausages, broccoli, green beans & gravy

S – 25g nuts

• posted by Patsy
    on

B – Yoghurt with strawberries and blueberries

L – crudtite and dips (salsa and sour cream)

D – Chicken and butterbean hotpot

• posted by jane c
    on

B- BSD green tea and blueberry shake

L- salad with avocado and olives

D- chickpea and tomato curry with yogurt

Lots of water and a soy cappucino ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by jane c
    on

B- BSD Bircher

L- vegetable soup

D- Portion of Cherrianne’s Harvest Pie from this site

snacks- half an apple with red leicester, 2 lemon roasted asparagus wrapped in quorn chicken slices.

• posted by Dearbecks
    on

L – Veg frittata & clementine
    D – Avocado & tuna salad

Now off out with the girls, so may be a prosecco or two too come!
    Happy Friday everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by barby
    on

B Greek Yoghurt with cherries & blackberries warmed, + teasp chopped nuts & seeds, & linseed

L Restaurant, Instead of my usual veggie burger and chips I had Shepherdess Pie which was green lentils, carrot swede, black beans in tomatoe garlic and tamari gravy topped with creamy caulifower and potato mash, and cheese, with brocolli and cabbage and roast potatoes! It was absolutely gorgeous and I left 2 roasties.

I’m sure I am over my daily limit (cannot guess the amounts) so just strawberries tonight, I should have stopped earlier when full but confess I ate it all. I am going to get some tamari now, it’s a lovely taste for veggie gravy..

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi barby
    Sounds lovely. What’s tamari?

• posted by Christine Denise
    on

B boiled egg, one ryvita with butter
    L Minute steak and mushrooms, one plum
    D Ostrich Steak, cauliflower rice flavoured with Tahini, green beans, sugar free jelly and berries
    Will have an apple later

on

Hi Sabrina are you still going? Where do you get chick pea flatbread please?

• posted by barby
    on

Hi Janet I’d never heard of Tamari, but apparently it is like a Japanese wheat and gluten free soya sauce. There is one on Waitrose – Clearspring organic tamari, with 196 cals for 100ml and 34g carbs. You probably just need a dash of it added to add flavour.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

I think the chickpea flatbreads are the gramflour flatbreads in the recipe section. Its a batter you make up like pancakes, very quick. Also called besan flour sometimes.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Barby, that’s interesting thank you, I’ll look out for it.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

B- fage yog/berries
    L- 2 rye crispbreads, 50g hummus, 3 cherry toms
    D- one piri piri chicken thigh, small salad, tsp chilli sauce
    Teas to drink

on

Thank you Janet, will try them

• posted by Sabrina77
    on

Hi Christine Denise,

Janet1973 is correct the recipe is on the website. You can make them thin or thick depending on your preference or what you are going to eat them with. I’ve used them as a wrap & they taste really good.

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Janet
    Tamari is a type of soy sauce
    Penny

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Thanks penny ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Jack127
    on

Hi Folks: I ate…
    B: 3-egg whites, 2-Turkey sausages n 1-tsp of Parmasean cheese. 8-Wheat Thin crackers-8gms of Carbs.
    L: clam chowder soup w a 750cc of water
    D: 2oz of tuna w 1-tsp of Mayo n 6 leaves of Romaine lettuce, boats n H2O.
    Snack: 2 scoop Protein drink w Almond milk.

• posted by Natalie
    on

B: cheese, cucumber, tomato, tea. (Shopping day so I didn’t have a lot of choice of proteins in the morning)
    L: rotisserie chicken thigh, salad.
    Snack: watermelon, tea.
    D: bolognaise on zoodles (zucchini strips).
    798 cals, 28 g carbs

• posted by Busybee
    on

I found the flatbreads a bit soft though tasty, but now put them into the toaster. Result, a crispy biscuit great with marmite, with curry or topped with fish or meat.

• posted by Jack127
    on

B: Flatbread-17gms(7gms of fiber)
    3-egg whites
    2-tsps Parmasean
    1-wedge of Asiago cheese -Cow
    -1tbsp Agave w coffee

• posted by Just do it
    on

Make the most delicious soup today with something I normally throw away – cauliflower leaves. I used the leaves of 2 caulis along with a bit of broccoli, onion, fennel, leek, veg oxo, handful each basil & parsley. At the end I added leftover cauliflower cheese – just a couple spoonfuls. Blended when cooked – absolutely delicious. Couldn’t find cals etc for the leaves but sure not high. Will never waste them again!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Good to hear! My dad never let us waste cauliflower leaves! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Glad your soup turned out so tastily ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by jane c
    on

I was so fed up and hungry last night, thought I’d make an effort today.

B- portobello mushroom, poached egg, wilted spinach
    L- mungbean dhal + 1 mini onion bhaji (Morrisons)
    D- waiting for the zucchini lasagne from recipe section with extra veg & quorn mince.

Will come in around 900 cals, but that’s ok.

• posted by Patsy
    on

I like the idea of tosting a flatbread – will try that.

• posted by boomboombum
    on

B: 20g Ham finely chopped
    40g Portobello mushroom finely chopped
    lightly sautรฉed the ham and mushroom with a bit of butter add
    1 egg beaten with a splash of milk to make an omelette topped with 10gms finely grated cheddar
    149 cal

L: 200g of homemade of homemade smoked cauliflower and broccoli soup with blue cheese
    240gm
    Dinner will be home made Thai style fish cakes have got the calories worked out yet

• posted by geobl
    on

First day of my Fast 800.

Breakfast: Leftover beef stew with carrots
    1 cup of coffee with heavy cream

Lunch: 1 cup of coffee with heavy cream

Dinner: Roasted chicken breast (bone-in, skin on)
    Large salad of spring greens with olive oil and apple cider vinegar dressing

I still want to eat. It’s an emotional need. I’m not hungry. I can hear chocolate singing to me…

• posted by boomboombum
    on

Just remember, chocolate makes your clothes shrink,

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Boomboombum that’s brilliant, I’ll remember that!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Hawks
    on

Tonight’s dinner was a lasagne, using thin long slices of zucchini instead of pasta, and a carb free bechamel sauce. Tasty, and without the glugginess of a pasta one. We had it with wilted pak choi with ginger garlic, chilli and a few drops of fish sauce. The remaining lasagne will freeze nicely for other meals.

• posted by Jandz100
    on

Need some new ideas so bumping this up to the top…

L – lentil burger and dips (fridge clear out)

D – last of the cream cheese stirred through some flaked oak smoked salmon & broccoli

S – fage yogurt with a sprinkling of cinnamon

• posted by TrishaDawn
    on

Last night I was stuck for a quick dinner and made the scrambled eggs, chopped chilli and parmesan cheese from the book. I like hot spicy dishes, and this was so delicious. Sorry that it took so long for this suggestion, hardly a recipe, to come to my attention. It would have done just fine for breakfast or lunch, but next time I’ll add something like some bacon, maybe a slice of avocado or grilled tomato just to make it a bit more satisfying for a proper dinner.

• posted by barby
    on

Just made cauliflour cheese for lunch, added a little mustard and a little stilton as experiment. Smells lovely.

Also just making broccoli and stilton soup – can you tell I have some out of date stilton to use up. Actually I may cube the remainder and freeze, rather than waste it.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

I love stilton in things like broccoli, courgette or cauli soup – but oddly I can’t stand it on it’s own!
    Sounds like you are eating well today!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by JoannC
    on

Breakfast – Small bowl of porridge made with almond milk – I know we can have cows milk but it makes it taste ‘greasy’
    Snack – Apple.
    Lunch – Quinoa and avocado salad with cherry tomatoes and a boiled egg.
    Snack – Square of 85% dark chocolate and 4 brazil nuts (yum)
    Dinner – Lentil soup.
    Supper – a few grapes

Compare with what I would ‘normally’ have had on a Sunday

Breakfast -2 or sometimes 4 crumpets with butter
    Snack – caramel biscuit (or 2) Coffee
    Lunch – Cheese and onion toastie with mayo
    Snack – Banana.
    Dinner – Take Away Pizza – Medium Mushroom pizza with olives and half a spicy tomato bread, or Chinese Take Away mushroom Foo Yung Chips and a carton of curry sauce 2 glasses of wine.
    Supper – Gaviscon tablets x 2 – not joking here.

I have been following this diet for 8 days now and I have lost 7 lbs, and I have had no heartburn or reflux at all this week, I don’t have a problem with my blood sugar (yet) but I do have a lot of abdominally carried fat, and a number of type 2 diabetics in my immediate family.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi joannC, there is a massive difference between what you used to eat and todays menu!

Well done on your weight loss so far ๐Ÿ™‚

Now you can save money on Gaviscon lol

A number of us no longer have acid reflux so if you find in a few weeks that is true for you could you post your improvements in the ‘list your improvements here list’? ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Jandz100
    on

L – 2 rashers bacon, 2 sausages, scrambled egg

D – broccoli & cauliflower cheese

S – fage yogurt & cinnamon

799 cals, 22g carbs

• posted by Leeanne
    on

200g Greek yog/strawberries
    Poached egg and tiny tin baked beans
    2 sl roast pork, tbs stuffing, brussels, runner beans, gravy
    Teas to drink

• posted by Feebeez
    on

B – Natural yoghurt, blueberries & a tiny amount of rolled oats

S – Green tea & blueberry shake

L – Poached eggs & salmon on grilled mushrooms

D – Thinly sliced chicken thigh, marinated in soy sauce & garlic, cooked in a non-stick pan & served on grated raw zucchini, carrot and lettuce. (The family are getting this with the addition of rice)

• posted by Patsy
    on

Big difference, JoannC!

• posted by boomboombum
    on

B- 1 egg omelette with 20gms finely slice ham 50gm mushroom and 10 gm cheddar chesse

L- 100mls cauliflower and broccoli soup with blue cheese

D- Stir-fry chicken with carrots, capsicums, spring onions, baby spinach and cashew nuts

S- Milo

• posted by sparklyfairydreams
    on

morning everyone, newbie here, so i’ve taken the plunge and thought best to get on this as soon as possible.
    please could you have a look at todays food and tell me if i’m on the right tracks?

b – 100g full fat greek yogurt with 5 small strawberries and 10g crushed almonds (this was beautiful! – can see it becoming a regular breakfast if its ok and 100ml semi skimmed for tea (239 calories)

l – little gem lettuce, filled with 70g chicken, 35g houmous and half a cucumber with a boiled egg (267 cals)

d – 100g minced beef (122 calories) with the leftover 172 cals going on veg to go with it when i decide what i’m making with it.

totals 800 cals and 30g carbs not inc the veg for dinner.

and two litres of water.

is all this food allowed?
    tia for any help. x

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Sparkly, welcome to the forums ๐Ÿ™‚

Sounds like you have a very good plan for the day! I haven’t calculated your calories because it seems like you have it sorted.

It’s amazing how much good food you can have on 800 calories!

Have you seen the bags of milled flaxseed? Aldi is the cheapest, a teaspoon of it sprinkled on yoghurt is quick and easy and the resealable bag lasts for AGES!!!

Good luck for your first week! ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.