what exercises are people doing?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by kate_ls
    on

I have always struggled with exercise, even when i was a skinny teenager.

So this is all new to me.

Since starting the 800, i have alternated a Kettlebell routine (20min), a jog with a short sprint for the HIT element (10min), Swimming (30min), Pads with the husband (10min). One of these things 6 days a week. Thats currently my limit but i can see that I’m not struggling as much and my recovery rates are reduced the more i try.

My question is what do all other exercise newbies do?

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi kate_Is
    That is impressive! Most people admit to walking, but not much else. This is one of the least used forums of the lot.
    I do a weekly pilates class (an hour) and was walking 10,000 steps plus daily by week 3, but it died off in week5-6 when the weather changed and we had a lot of rain and wind. Walking round the streets of houses at night in the dark and wet was very boring! I need to get a dog.
    I’m just restarting the exercise (end week 10) and did try a short jog last week (see earlier post) but ended up feeling dizzy (a first). I backed off for the week as I also noted my left calf was slightly sore – similar to an old Achilles issue I had had.
    Just finished my weekly Pilates class ( an hour) and have discovered a weekly walk around one of the National Trust estates nearby that I will join tomorrow – it is a 2 hour walk and will be mixed terrain and nice scenery, so that will be better that going round the streets. The same estate has a weekly ‘starting running’ group for all abilities on a Thursday – I will see if I can get myself up early enough to get to that one, making sure I have breakfast before I go this time.
    Friday I am going to do a yoga class. Not been for a while and it complements the pilates very well. There is also an aqua class in the morning at the swimming pool that I have signed for – it is basically an old fashioned aerobics class but in the water. Great as it adds resistance to every movement (jogging through water is fun), but if you are overweight you can do a lot without impacting the joints.
    Given that is 4 days in a row, as ever I have probably overdone it, but if I can keep these going for a while, I will add in some weight training in May to improve strength.
    I have had a look at the NHS Couch to 5k website. I did a 5k and 2 10k’s between 2008 and 2011, but there is no way I am fit enough for that now. I do like the look of the 10 minute work-outs they have. Each day targets a different area of the body and is to build strength. They don’t need equipment so I am going to try to add them in – one a day. I can do them during lunch.
    I am planning a marathon walk in September (Shine overnight through London). My weight is now ok for walking that distance without damaging my joints, but my fitness is poor compared with what it was. I did a half marathon walk 2 years ago off of 3 weeks training, at that point still obese, and through sheer b….y mindedness, finished in 4 hour with no stops. I was absolutely knackered, and could not have gone a step longer. I can’t take that approach with the marathon, so must now take a serious attempt at getting fit.
    Since this was forum was not used much, I thought I’d log progress (or not) here.
    I’ll be interested to know how you get on and if you are planning any new activities.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

I walk with hubby 5 times a week, 2.5 to 3 miles at a fair rate. It takes us about 35 mins. Through the forest, some hills, etc. I surprised myself recently as a quick trip around Sainsbury’s clocked 1.8 miles on my pedometer!

• posted by orchid
    on

Good afternoon.
    It was a lovely day for a walk and I got there in time, having had breakfast (full fat greek yogurt, blueberries, seeds and almonds). I added in some full fat milk to my coffee as some extra cals. I also took 85% dark chocolate, very large handful of almonds, small pot full to cherry tomatoes, and a small packet of haribro jelly sweets that arrived with a pair of new running shoes I ordered. Haribro and chocolate in case of dizziness, tomatoes for grazing if needed.
    There was a good size group turn up and we kept a constant moderate pace all the way – 5.87km through farmland, forests (Capability Brown Landscape for anyone interested in gardening). No issues, no repeat of dizziness, nothing eaten, only water drunk!
    The ‘goodies’ are back in the pack for taking out tomorrow for my jog/walk – no temptation to eat them unless I really needed them.
    Ketostix first thing this morning – 0.15, pale pink; when I got home – 0.4, dark pink! The walking improved my fat-burning noticeably.
    I am definitely on a high now – probably not endorphins, but still a great ‘feel-good’ to be out and mobile.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

My exercise has mainly consisted of walking (I live near a couple of National Trust sites so plenty of footpaths locally). I do a weekly Pilates class, too. I used to be a regular swimmer but, to my eternal shame, I haven’t dipped my toe in the local pool since moving to my current address 6 years ago. However, the pool has just had a major refurbishment so I really ought to drag out the cozzie and start slogging up & down the lengths again. Working at my allotment helps too.
    Although I work part-time, it is a pretty physical job and I find that I can clock up well over 10,000 steps just by being at work.

• posted by Patsy
    on

I’m mostly walking more.

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Kate-Is
    Have always been fairly active with classes etc even before starting the BSD diet. I play tennis and have started some new activities like Ballet and Tap. I go to classes at our local Leisure centre like Body pump, Zumba and Aqua fit.
    Anyway, thought I should share my new discovery.
    Just started to use myfitnesspal in the last few days. A few minutes ago, this is what it told me!

Yesterday I sat in a car most of the day and it said; if everyday were the same as today I would weigh 10st 7lbs in 5 weeks..that’s good!
    Today did an Indoor cycling class (45 mins), a Tap dancing class (45 mins) and I will do a Yoga class (90 mins) later.
    It has predicted that if everyday were the same as today I would weigh 9st 13lbs in 5 weeks…..oh my!!!!!
    Practically identical calorie count on both days.
    Know that these kind of exercises are not for everyone…and I suppose today is particularly intense activity wise.

Genuinely surprised by these figures though. So thanks for starting the exercise topic and well done you for starting your exercise journey. Not sure if I could jog for 10 mins like you. I tried running a year ago and it felt embarrassingly awful.

Anyway…. Go Girl.

Good luck everyone.

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi, today was a bit more disappointing. Went for what I thought was a walk/run for beginners, but it was a lot more than that and included a lot of running up and down hills – something I had not expected for a few weeks so that I was sure my Achilles was not going to play up again. Still was out for 45 mins, I left the rest of the group doing hill runs and jog/walked back to the car – so I still got a good amount of exercise. So far Achilles not playing up – tomorrow will tell. Beginning to feel a little stiff, just enough to know I’ve had some exercise! Good job tomorrow is an aqua class and yoga!

• posted by kate_ls
    on

Hi Caramba. wow thats an amazing amount of exercise in one day!! One activity a day is all i can muster.

I have tried using myfitnesspal to create a food and exercise diary. Not getting on well with it, it doesn’t like setting the daily calories to 800 a day and just keeps telling me I’m not eating enough. But i haven’t really focused on the exercise part of it so will be interesting to see.

With regards the jogging, admittedly it is around my garden. Any one who sees me must think I’m pretty crackers. Definitely not ready to leave the garden and hit the road!

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi Kate_Is,
    when I first got my Garmin Vivofit, I used to be out every Sunday night about 11pm walking around the garden to reach the target it set me – not that large a garden, goodness knows what the neighbours thought! Having said that – the only thing I seemed to disturb were the foxes.
    Now I am starting jogging again, I go our early mornings to the park (7am’ish) or to places that are empty (NT properties at 9am) so I can plod round in peace. I am a couple of months off of going out Sunday mornings 11am!

• posted by Robmac
    on

My exercise has always been fairly limited to a little bit of walking, although I did do a fairly active job. I took early retirement last year, so the exercise dropped even more.

Since starting the diet just over a week ago, I have started doing 100 situps a day, as well as some weight training.

The thing which concerns me is, that I carry a bit of weight around my belly, but other than that, I am fairly skinny, my belly has shrunk dramatically, but I don’t want to lose too much weight elsewhere and end up a stick insect!

Any tips?

• posted by Red Devil
    on

Hi Robmac,
    Would recommend doing body weight exercises. There are some outlined in The Book.
    That would help to maintain/build some muscle bulk which would avoid becoming a stick insect. ๐Ÿ˜Š.

Exercise for me is getting out on the bike approximately 3 times a week, doing at least 24ks a ride over a mix of ups, downs as well as some nice flat stretches. The rides tend to be first thing in the morning before the sun has gotten up. A surprisingly nice time to ride.

I also go to the gym 3 times a week and concentrate on upper body strength training. Slowly increasing the weights as I progress.

I also try to make sure that I accumulate at least 10k steps a day.

Two and a half weeks in I am down 4 kilos and have dropped 2% body fat according to my tanita scales.

Now if only I can keep myself to around 800 calories. Too often it has been more like 1000 and I refuse to think about how much I was eating for the majority of week 2.

Cheers
    Red.

• posted by MerryMary
    on

Hi all,
    I have been walking the dog on days when I am not doing over 12,000 steps on a 12 hour shift at work (I’m a midwife on a busy postnatal ward). Next week I am determined to get back to yoga classes as I really need the stretching and meditative effects of it. I have been a gym junkie in the past, but loathe it now. I have just given so much money to gyms over the years and not used them enough. I know I need the strength exercises though. I have arthritis in both knees from playing netball for 35 years and a dodgy left shoulder! I sound like an old crock but I really need to be careful not to injure myself as it is very important that I can keep working. I love dancing and just might pull out the old Zumba DVDs that are gathering dust in my TV cabinet and get back into that in the comfort of my lounge room. :-))
    I do have a question though…I purchased a “Zip” fitbit to wear on my uniform to track my steps and it was working a treat until I tried to sync it with myfitnesspal app. And now the fitbit has a blank screen. Has anyone in these forums had a problem like this?

• posted by MerryMary
    on

ps: the reason why I wasn’t losing weight prior to the BSD when I was still then doing over 12,000 steps at work, was because now when I am offered chocolates (thankyous from patients) or cake made by the manager as a treat for her staff, I decline the offer!!! Whereas before on a busy shift I would inhale it :-)) I need to re-educate our “feeder” manager to give out apples instead of cake!
    So now on approx 800 cal days the 12,000 steps are actually making a difference! :-))

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi MerryMary, if you can find any Pilates classes in the area, they are great for strengthening especially injuries. The reformer sessions are especially good, if you have bad knees, you are not going down to floor level every time! I had a rotator cuff injury that was partially healed, and stubbornly refusing to improve further. It left me with restricted shoulder movement and strength. I have been going for 18 months and despite being overweight, have improved my core strength and also my shoulder is almost back to normal. We also have others in the group with arthritis and someone who had a slipped disc and whose back is almost normal again. The exercises are controlled and steady so do not jar injuries, and the teacher will help adapt each exercise to your capabilities.
    It is very relaxing as the hour goes past quickly and you are concentrating on movements to the exclusion of everything else.
    It also complements Yoga really well.

• posted by Robmac
    on

Thanks Red Devil,

Yes I am doing weights, plus 100 situps per day. I need to ‘up’ my walking though.

I will go back to the book re exercises and build on this.

Thanks again.

Rob

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Kate_Is
    Hope you are still jogging around the garden….ha ha;-)
    Would like to try this but mine is too small for that…..might bump into a dustbin or two!!!
    Sorry I didn’t reply earlier but have been away and am the proud new owner of a fitbit that has motivated me to walk over 10,000 steps each day.
    Sadly that didn’t stop me putting on 2lbs this week! Think that a wine-tasting tour, cocktails and buffet lunches are to blame lol.
    Back to BSD now though. Still got a way to go to get down to normal, healthy weight so I will definitely persevere.
    BTW as other people have mentioned you have to cheat with myfitnesspal and add extra bogus calories over the 800 to get it to calculate your daily results. I usually add 300 extra calories at the bottom and the app is happy with that.

Well done MerryMary on your many steps and chocolate refusal techniques. On days I don’t do exercise classes I have discovered my step count is too low, so the fitbit is a great motivator.
    Get moving everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Wondering about doing My Marathon for May with the British Heart Foundation. You have 31 days to complete 26.2 miles whenever/however you choose. Think for me it could be brisk walking rather than jogging!!!!
    Also Myfitnesspal is running a ‘ May 2016 Sit Less Boot Camp’ that is setting a daily challenge.
    Need to lose another stone and a half….can’t decide whether or not to try one of these ….or both!!
    Anyone else up for a challenge????

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi caramba
    2,000 steps in a mile. 10,000 steps in 5 miles so doable. I’ll take a look & see. Thanks

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Eureka
    Yes if 10,000 steps is a mile this is really doable. Should be straightforward if it is fast walking.
    Not sure if I will actually join the official My Marathon for May with the British Heart Foundation but I think I will accept the challenge and send a donation.
    My favourite new toy ( my Fitbit ) has this morning sent me a ‘ March of the Penguins’ badge….70 miles covered so far.
    This is all very childish I know but we need motivation from somewhere and even if it is silly it made me smile at least.
    Good Luck everyone and is anyone else ready to get moving more????

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi caramba
    10,000 steps is 5 miles! 2,000 is 1. No way I could run – knees rubbish. But am seriously thinking could walk it?
    Love penguins so not childish at all. Who said childhood belongs exclusively to kids anyway!! ๐Ÿ™‹
    I really need to move now. 70 miles is fab ๐Ÿ‘

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Eureka
    The Penguin March is the distance the Emperor Penguins do on their annual migration, I think.
    So hope I can waddle another 70 miles in the not too distant future.
    Here’s to waddling forward if not jogging……yet!!!

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Eureka
    Ooh Yes…..just spotted. 10,000 steps = 5 miles …oops!
    Easier than I’d hoped for. Perhaps we should Eddie Izzard…….on second thoughts….no:-)

• posted by Eureka
    on

Ay, caramba!
    What’s this we? I bow to Eddie & his nails (fab). We’re not waddling anymore It’s for the birds! ๐Ÿง
    Ok you twisted my arm. I’ll do the marathon in May – it will take 31 days I think! Then I’ll donate to BHF. You’ll have to take my word as I don’t Twitter or face book. You’re ON ๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Ÿ
    Eureka

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Eureka
    Glad you are going to May Marathon as well. That makes two of us at least.
    No of course we don’t waddle any more ๐Ÿ˜‰
    (Btw ….spotted on another post that you were on Week 12 and had lost 1 and a half stone which is sort of a ‘snap’ for me too.
    Hope you are getting loads of people saying ‘Wow you have lost a lot of weight’. Finding that a bit embarrassing atm).

Anyone else up for taking the walking/jogging challenge of 26.2 miles during May? A sort of Marathon..I definitely realize this isn’t good for everyone due to the various injuries and health issues we seem to pick up in life. You could choose your level.
    My maths isn’t good……see above post!!
    But if you did the recommended 10,000 steps a day ( or 5 miles )..phew…..it might be possible to do 6 Marathons in a month!
    Am I getting a bit too intense here?????
    Anyway little challenge/ big challenge?
    Anyone else in?????

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Decision made.
    My May challenge is a Penguin March.
    A weather appropriate solitary trudge of 70 miles across the Antarctic… and back.
    Donation to BHF.

• posted by Marcia
    on

Love the posts. Thinking about taking up the Penquin March in May. Can’t run to the end of the road๐Ÿ™ˆ but can give it a try to walk it๐Ÿ˜Š…is it worth getting a Fitbit??

• posted by Marcia
    on

Just signed up for my first Marathon with The Britsh Heart Foundation in May I start tomorrow๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’ฅ๐ŸŽ‰.this will be interesting and extremely challenging Thanks for the info and encouragement ay caramba.

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Marcia
    Pleased that you are ready to accept a Marathon challenge.
    Had my Fitbit for around 3 weeks now and I am finding it very motivating. It also makes you notice the days when you do very few steps.Today have been sitting in a car most of the time so my step count is really low. Need to get walking tomorrow to make up.
    Well….. start My Marathon March for May.

Tried to explain my Penguin March idea to my husband and he looked rather puzzled and said, ‘So does this mean you can walk faster than a penguin?’ Grrrr….

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi ay caamba, Can you send the link to the BHF my marathon – I just tried to find it and failed :-(.
    I’ll join in – I need to start training soon as I am walking a full marathon overnight 24/9 round London for Cancer Research UK (breast Cancer).
    I have just arrived in Orkney for a weeks holiday and will be in and our of coaches sightseeing all week. Weather not looking great, so may have to do most of the walk over 3 weeks not 4!
    Will start counting tomorrow……

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Orchid
    Hope this link works Ok for you. https://mymarathon.bhf.org.uk/

Have fun in the Orkneys.
    If you can’t use the link you could always keep track of how far you walk as an estimate and send a donation if you like.
    I’m intending to not join the official challenge site as such but to send a donation, as is Eureka.
    For me it is partly the challenge, and partly the charity motivation.

The very best of luck with your marathon for Cancer Research UK. The Breast Cancer cause is one close to my heart and have every respect for your future overnight effort. Have only managed to attend a ‘Fairy Flutter’ myself!!!

Best of luck.

• posted by Eureka
    on

Ay caramba!
    What have you got me into? I live near a Hall with a lake so decided May 1st I’d start the Marathon walking around it. Remember I’m starting from sedentary ZERO! 7000 steps in 1 hr 10 mins. Knees a bit wobbly & cold clouds coming in so went home. FBS 6.6 after, good as off meds now. Enjoyed it ๐Ÿ˜€
    7000 steps should = 3.5 miles, but was checking my stride /height ratio & it’s probably more like 2.88 miles. Tick it off โœ… Used exrx.net to calculate.
    Also 17mins per mile @ 3.5 miles per hour to aim for pace wise. 85mins to complete 5 miles! The oracle says I’m low active now?
    And I thought I was just going for a walk ๐Ÿง

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Eureka
    Wow sounds like a Eureka moment. Great start.
    Went to a Classic Car event today and ended up standing around and chatting for most of the day but remembered my step count and set off on my own late afternoon. It was rather cold though.
    Not sure where you get your stats from but my Fitbit says I did 9000+ steps and 3.72 miles. So much the same distance.
    Yey!!!
    Great BS figures.
    Our Marathon May begins.

• posted by Marcia
    on

1st BHF Marathon
    8,500 steps which is about 3.7 miles. Took ages brisk walk with a couple of very small runs in between. Had 2 hour nap afterwards lolo before dinner. Lovely first day. Can’t wait for tomorrow๐Ÿ˜Š…thanks ay caramba for getting me motivated and the Fitbit info.

• posted by Marcia
    on

Well done Eureka.

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Marcia
    Oh to run again! It’s all ay caramba’ fault. ๐Ÿ˜‰ When do we have to post our intention to do the London marathon then? Hope we can all keep this up? ๐Ÿ’ค

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Well done Marcia on starting the May Marathon.
    How are you getting on Eureka?

Have had a 7 hour long car journey today so have been sitting loads. Walked at lunchtime and have done around 8000 steps which says it is 3 miles for me and the short legs.
    Going to go out so I can get the Fitbit to buzz!!!!

Need to sit for less so check out this Bootcamp:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10379545/welcome-suggestion-for-sit-less-boot-camp#latest

Also the website they are using for their daily challenges. An interesting read…..
    http://www.quittingthesitting.org/sitting-disease.html

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Wow thank you so much or this thread! I haven’t exercised for a long while due to a knee injury but will start with 10 min on the exercise bike today. Also bought a Fitbit Alta yesterday which I already love as it records my steps and I can record my food and it gives all details for the foods. Love it!!
    I was so happy to hit 1000 steps (sounds so small to all of your exercise) but I am starting out). Hope to hit 2000 today. One issue is I am only on day 4 here and still having major tummy issues so don’t trust my body to walk outside yet.
    I love doing hand weights so will do that today as well as that doesn’t cause knee issues.
    Hoping as the weight comes off the knee mechanics will work better. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    Thanks for all the inspiration here!!

• posted by Emptynestmama43
    on

I am riding my bike 2-4 times a week , walking and Yoga . Good Luck!

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi caramba & Marcia
    10k steps. Yes!โœ… What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger – somebody said?
    Will check the sites, ta.
    Am sorting my strides tomorrow. How to : Take 10 steps walking or running, & measure the distance in feet. Then divide by 10 to get your average stride length. There are 5,280 feet in a mile. So divide 5,280 by your stride length figure to get YOUR number of steps in a mile.
    This is getting serious ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ

Hi HappyLife. Your doing great. Welcome to the knackered knees brigade. I had to wait til I lost 1& 1/2 stone

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Happy Life and everyone,

Just like the BSD diet, you can make your exercise challenge highly personal and appropriate for you.
    Everyone reading, contributing and taking part in this forum is already part of a determined group of people who are looking after their own health.

After the continued successes of some wonderful weight losses.
    What else can the ‘new you’ do??

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Eureka
    Just spotted your 10k steps from yesterday. You have got the Buzz!!!!
    I’ll be staggering around after you.

• posted by Marcia
    on

Hi Eureka
    If I can walk im up for the London marathon๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Marcia
    on

Hi eureka and ay camarba,
    I’ve got the bug clocked up 14,000 steps yesterday and couldn’t stop walking. I went to the park and then went shopping. Highly addictive and loving it. a girlfriend commented on how well I looked๐Ÿ˜Š I was so pleased. Weight loss has slowed down but still motivated as my clothes feel more comfortable.

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Everyone
    Have managed the 10,000 steps each day in May so far…..even if it has meant going out in the rain and walking round a bit.
    Been playing a bit of tennis but have been trying to walk around the house a bit more in order to reach the 10,000 steps on the Fitbit.
    Have now put my computer up higher so I have to stand up to use it, as suggested in the ‘ Quitting the sitting ‘ site.
    Amazing how much that stops me wasting time on the computer!!!
    My personal challenge for challenge for May…..plus the Marathon of course….ha ha.

Have done about 14 miles towards the May Marathon for BHF.
    No jogging yet……oh hang on…. I do break into a bit of a trot occasionally on the tennis court.
    Brilliant everyone who is getting more active.

Anyone else doing a May challenge?????

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi ay caramba & Marcia
    Only managed 15,000 โœ… steps dedicated to the marathon as been very busy over last few days. Will try to add more & keep the flow going. My knee’s been cracking ( sounds like a whip) so I’m picking level ground for less stress. I’m climbing the stairs better I noticed. Mum had two knee replacements so I don’t want to go there thank you! How are you doin?

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Eureka/ Marcia and everyone else who is trying to do a bit more exercise than they normally do!!!!
    Well done Eureka on your step count for the Marathon.
    Understand a bit about having a dodgy knee as dislocated my knee and completely ruptured the posterior cruciate ligament. After an MRI scan was told that, simply put, all the ligaments had been damaged. End of my sporting career then……joke!!
    Definitely want to try to avoid the replacement route…..said no to further surgery myself. Did masses of strengthening exercises to make the knee stable and that has worked for me. I am 63 and able to exercise and play tennis…..badly!
    Take care then and listen to your body a bit. You certainly don’t want to risk a fall on uneven ground. But controlled exercise must help.
    My physio friend, helpful,friendly and fearsome as she is; told me not to worry about noises coming from my knee when she was dishing out free and evil advice to get me moving again after my accident and op.
    Despite a couple of long days in the car have according to my Fitbit nearly walked a Marathon distance. Should do that today so that will be just over 6 days walking=Marathon distance.
    Happy days. Fantastic sunny walk through beautiful bluebell woods by riverbank last night. Have to appreciate being able to do that.
    Keep moving everyone.

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi ay caramba
    Love that name ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ( visuals of Sombreros Mexicanos ๐Ÿœ & el Dia de Muertos ๐ŸŒผ Wrote a story about that!)
    Excellent stuff you are doing ( & with knee too. Well done). Move over Eddy! Love bluebell woods ( ours, not so much aggressive Spanish invaders).
    Today I be mostly ironing! Then a bbq ๐Ÿ— ๐ŸŒฝ ๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿค Yum yum! Going to my baby granddaughter’s christening mid week so got to get packed – it’s Way down south ( East Grinstead) for a few days with her & her 3 yr old sister, lovely. I’m cooking so diet all good.

Any bbq ‘ers out there try this:

Spiralize then rice ( by pulsing veg in food processor ) 1 raw beetroot, carrot, courgette. Add tinned sweet corn ( or cook it on bbq & cut it off husk & add to veg) & halved cherry tomatoes. Season with fresh ground black pepper & salt. You could add some fresh chilli if you want. For a dressing/ dip : I mashed ripe avocado with lemon juice, ground salt & black pepper & two dessert spoons of sour cream stirred in. You could sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top for added crunch. You will have to calorie count etc. Serves four as a side dish. Enjoy
    Eureka

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Eureka
    Ha Ha. Think Tequila, Mezcal and Mariachi bands …..on second thoughts forget the Mariachi bands.:-0

• posted by ay caramba
    on

For the May Marathon challenge have managed to walk enough steps to do a Marathon in 7 days. That includes all my steps on the Fitbit not just walking outside. To work out the specific walking outside bit is going to be tricky so not sure how I am going to separate the difference yet.
    Anyway this challenge is certainly making me up my exercise. Have only had 2 days when I have been under 10,000 steps so far.
    Would have walked much less normally.
    Eureka… your recipe sounds delicious…..you chose a great day for the BBQ.

Please log in or register to post a reply.