What am I doing wrong?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by snowwhite
    on

Hi
    I am an overweight pre-diabetes 60 year old. I am reasonably active – have 2 donkeys, 2 dogs, and look after my granddaughters once a week but have osteo arthritis which prevents long walks.
    I stared the BSD Saturday 4th June and am doing the 800 diet but not lost a lb. I get quite hungry but do not give in despite desparately missing toast and marmalade! I have followed some of the recipes and my day is:
    breakfast – low fat greek natural yoghurt with strawberries
    lunch – ham/chicken/eggs with salad
    tea – salmon/chicken/pork with salad or veg

please can you help?

• posted by Patsy
    on

What are you drinking and how much?

• posted by Athorn223
    on

i don’t have all the details of your diet, but I’d ask you how much water you’re drinking like Patsy said and what is your salt intake. Try ditching the ham/pork and see what your weight does. I notice that when I have pork, even within my calorie budget it causes me to retain water which equals no weight loss or worse weight gain. If ham is something you feel you can’t give up try to drink more than the recommended 2 liters of water a day, like 3 or 4 liters. I’m guessing the salt is sabotaging you. I hope that helps!

• posted by snowwhite
    on

I drink 4 cups tea no sugar skimmed milk. About 4 cups peppermint tea and 1 or 2 pint glasses of water a day

• posted by snowwhite
    on

Never thought about salt. I never have been a big water drinker . I will drink more and see if that helps. Thanks

• posted by Jandz100
    on

Hi SnowWhite

if you haven’t read the book, may I suggest you start there as it appears from your food choices that you’re doing a low carb, high protein diet rather than following the principles of the BSD.

Food wise, you need to have fat to stop the hunger, so ditch all the low fat products and replace with full fat. Full fat yogurt for breakfast, full fat milk in your hot drinks, try adding cheese to your salads, try adding some fish into your diet (salmon, mackerel or fresh tuna are ideal) snack on a small handful of nuts or seeds etc.

As others have pointed out you need to be drinking lots, approx 2-3litres a day, I know if I don’t drink enough as my weight loss stalls.

Hope things start to move in the right direction soon x

• posted by Patsy
    on

I have fruit and yoghurt for breakfast. A few times I’ve either not been able to get full fat or have bought the fat free I used to buy without thinking and even though I’ve had more, I’ve been much hungrier than when I’ve eaten the kinds with fat in, so do try switching to that to help the hunger pangs.

• posted by snowwhite
    on

thanks will do. After years of no fat food as you say you tend to automatically buy it. I can’t stand full fat milk in tea now but I will try some as a hot drink at night (without chocolate!!)

Please log in or register to post a reply.