What about Cornmeal?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bugmummy
    on

Hi there

I wondered about Corn flour or Corn meal? Would that be allowed on the diet. Sweetcorn isn’t mentioned much. I was thinking of making some cornbread as a substitute for normal bread.

What do you think?

• posted by brrrrr
    on

Yes I wondered about that too and also corn tortilla for tacos but I wonder if its too much sugar. Is there any one out there how can elighten us ??? Please …

• posted by Frog
    on

according to my fitness pal, 30g of cornmeal has 24g of carbs, so it is quite carby. (and 110 calories)

Lots of people on these forums rave about pancakes/flatbread made with gram flour – it’s taken me a bit of experimentation to get the right consistency, but they are really nice – I had one this evening with bean salad and about 15g of really strong cheddar – delicious, and a bit tortilla-like.

Really simple, you just mix with water and add seasoning if you want it, mix well and fry in a pan – you can bake them too.
    Some recipes state equal flour and water; I’m using 25g flour and about 40ml of water for an 8 or 9 inch pancake.

They are quite versatile – tortillas, flatbread, pizza bases
    the calorie count is similar to cornmeal, but for the same quantity, 30g, only 17g of carbs (about 70%)
    It also has about 7g of protein, (1 or 2g in corn meal) and is also a reasonable source of fibre

Please log in or register to post a reply.