Welcome to the BSD

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Welcome to those starting this journey. There are usually some ‘old-timers’ around to answer questions and give support.

We’ve been there, done it, and should have the t-shirt ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Please use our experience to help you on this life-changing journey.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Erm my T-shirt is getting too big Lynne
    Can I have a new one please ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by captainlynne
    on

I’m sure we can manage that Bill ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by ddraig_goch
    on

Hi I’ve been sugar and grain free for nearly 4yrs but have still managed to put 3st back on over that time – proof that no matter how healthy you eat calories and moving more are still important. I’m a great fan of Micheal Mosley so I’m using BSD 800F to get things moving downwards again.

What I’d like to know is did you have any breaks before starting the next 8wk phase? How many cycles did you do? And what is your maintainance plan to keep the weight off going forward

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Some people have breaks, some just plough on through. I only did one session of 800 fast for 8 weeks after working up to it with more and more fast days, but Captainlynne among others just continued straight through until they reached their goal weight without any breaks and felt good all the time.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Yes, I just kept on going – from December 2015 to September 2016 – to reach my original target weight. (Losing 6.5 stone). Since then I’ve lost another stone.

Since starting the BSD I’ve always kept my carbs low. On maintenance I watch the carbs but don’t worry too much about calories.

Normally I eat breakfast (around 8am) then nothing until my evening meal (around 5.15pm).

Hope this helps. Any questions, please ask.

• posted by ddraig_goch
    on

Thanks Mixnmatch and Captainlynne for you quick replies. I will work in cycles of 8 weeks but just keep going since it seems safe to do so. Maintenance I’ll worry about when I get to target if the dreaded plateau doesn’t hit before (That’s what happened last time I tried to lose a lot of weight).

Please log in or register to post a reply.