Weight loss v measurements/fat loss from elsewhere?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hello all

I am happily continuing my BSD journey, and am currently halfway through my 4th week, with a (fluctuating) loss of c 6lbs – sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on goodness knows what.

My current aim is to break the 10stone barrier and get into 9stone something territory, which is being tantalisingly difficult to achieve.
    I’m carrying on, though, no sign of giving up, as I know that the 800 calories, 20gm carb per day (or as close as I can get), will eventually get me there.

But I’m really interested in what’s going on.

I would love to think I’m building muscle but sadly this last week not been able to do as much walking as I’ve been working a lot. I seem to be looking a bit thinner, my waist is shrinking, but what has been called here (so expressively) as the ‘belly wodge’ is clinging on like grim death.

I am testing with Ketostix and am in Ketosis, so I am burning fat from somewhere or other…..can I assume that I DID indeed have fat around my internal organs, which I feared at the start, and that my liver and pancreas are emerging?

I wasn’t diagnosed as pre-diabetic, this BSD is because I want to get back control, so I’m generally really happy. But would like to understand what might be happening.

Any thoughts from you experts who’ve researched more than me? Have I now particularly slim internal organs? Any way of finding out beside an MRI scan (joking)?

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hello Igor, I saw your post this morning and expected you to get some replies before now. Do not underestimate how much energy is required to burn a pound of fat. If your waistline is shrinking then visceral fat is being eaten and may well be liberating your liver and pancreas. I was told in hospital some years ago that I had a fatty liver but it was never explained how, why or what to do about it, if anything. I have lost nearly 20% of body mass now and still have some belly fat that is determined to hang on to its last breath (so to speak). I think you just have to keep drinking fluids, eating a lower caorie diet and keep the sugars down. I averaged 28.4 gm/day over 10 weeks at 846 cal average. Others have plateaued many times I did several times but don’t need to count anymore here in week 13. All the best for now…

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Thanks Skywalker.

I spoke to a biomechanist today who said that the fat I was burning would indeed be from round my internal organs and that it was to be expected that this would be affected first

He said that the more visible weight would be lost next, and that the weight below my navel (hello, belly wodge) would be last!

He seemed to feel that the body got rid of the most dangerous accumulation of fat first.

Best regards from me, proud possessor of a very slim pancreas and liver. I hope 🙂

• posted by barby
    on

This is interesting to know thanks, just wish we could see what’s going on inside. Although if we could, most of us would have done something about it years ago.

I have noticed that most of my weight has gone from my bottom for some reason (it was rater large and is noticeably smaller). I have lost some from tummy, but more to go. This has never happened in previous diets. I am looking forward to be able to bend down easily and put socks on/paint toenails etc. I’m on the way. 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.