Weight gain

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Peapod
    on

Feeling disheartened by a 2 lb weight gain over the weekend. Had visitors staying so went over my 800 limit but did not eat any bad carbs just more of the good stuff. Also had 3 glasses of wine spread over the weekend. Didn’t expect the gain to be so much. Has anyone else experienced this ?

• posted by topcac
    on

YES! 1.5lbs gain but it was the alcohol and the lack of water I think…mostly. Sometimes you can get away with it, other times, no. Best thing you can do is get back on it, up the water intake and hunker down for a few brilliant days. It’ll soon come off again.

I’m right behind you!

• posted by shalimar
    on

Pretty much everyone Peapod. 🙂

Lots of sugar/carbs in wine for one thing an if you spread it out over a couple of days you probably scotched those days two.

I noticed in the book MMosley was thinking of setting the calories at 500 … but stretched it to 800 … and then we stretch the 800 even more.

And then of course are the dreaded plateaus where we are doing everthing perfectly and we still gain or at least not loose because our bodies are adjusting to the new regimens.

And sometimes we cheat and don’t have to pay the piper … so we think we got away with something, when in the end it usually comes out in the wash.

• posted by Peapod
    on

Hi topcac and shalimar, you are both right, I think I pushed things a bit far and the sugar in the wine won’t have helped . My body probably got a shock after 4 dry weeks. Having a good day today and upping the water hoping it will sooon come off.

• posted by Peapod
    on

Just a thought, I have been on antibiotics since Thursday. Wondering if they could be causing the gain.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Could maybe be a factor. You could google Antibiotics and weight gain. There are some hits there that say maybe … because they kill gut bacteria. Always a good idea to take those pre/pro biotics after a course of antibiotics.

• posted by Peapod
    on

That’s a good idea , have never used them before. Will count the calories in them too !

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Raw sauerkraut! That stuff is probiotic magic, and because the sugars in the cabbage are fermented, it’s extremely low in carbs. Not to mention delicious. 🙂

• posted by Peapod
    on

Thanks Esnecca, there just happens to be a jar in the fridge. Will try anything that helps.

Please log in or register to post a reply.