Weighing yourself

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Isabel
    on

I haven’t weighed myself yet because I can’t get an accurate reading on my scales. I get a different reading wherever I put them on tiles in the bathroom! There is a waste hole in the middle of the floor so perhaps it’s because the floor slopes! Ditto the balcony. Any ideas? Thanks

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hi Isabel, accurate scales are not really important as everything is relative. When your jeans slip down you will know you are successful and when you can skip around you will know you are fitter, healthier and the extra motivation may encourage you to splash out on more modern or newer scales. If today they said you weighed 300 pounds and next month they said 280 you might have lost 20 pounds but you would know in yourself that the numbers are pretty meaningless. Stick around, eat less of the bad foods, more of the good and drink plenty and you will experience results you would not have imagined would be so positive in such a realtively short period of time and you will not feel hungry either, so its a win, win all the way… Good Luck

• posted by FoFi
    on

Pick a point on the bathroom floor and weigh yourself in that same point every time. Make sure that all four feet of the scales are in contact with the floor. The weight loss you measure will give you a good idea of your loss, even if the absolute number isn’t accurate.

Please log in or register to post a reply.