'Weigh in' thread

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Nursebean
    on

Good luck SunnyB! Can’t wait to hear your results!!
    I lost another pound on Friday. That’s a grand total of 7 and a half pounds since starting this 3 weeks ago. that’s amazing for me as I’ve ALWAYS bean a slow loser – literally!! πŸ˜‰

• posted by Lesley91
    on

I started in April at 18 stone 2 lbs – dropped to 13 st 13 lbs just before our wedding.
    Had two weeks of eating rubbish (and now hooked back on sugar and feeling the effects – lethargy, spotty and bloated) so it has not been worth it really, and I am now 14 stone 7 lbs.

SO..My dad has been amazing again and has drafted up our meal plan for the coming weeks, my Husbands Nephew is having an 18th birthday party in October which is fancy dress, so I am going to use that for extreme motivation.

Shall I buy my outfit in the size I want to be by October (realistic size not ideal) for motivation? It seemed to work for my wedding dress so wondering whether to do it again.

Thanks πŸ˜€

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Lesley
    Four and a bit stone in three months – an amazing feat! – I bet people you’d not seen for a while were stunned at your wedding.

Its only two weeks and half a stone – and you know how quickly you can lose it again once you’re back on BSD. I managed to put on more than that in a mad weekend, but it came off just as quickly.
    Personally I’d wait until closer to the date, and see what size you are then before you get your outfit. I have bought some clothes in smaller sizes – but typically wardrobe staples that I’ve seen in sales, rather than special occasion clothes.

Whilst it’s brilliant that your Dad steps in and helps with meal planning, and that should be a great head start, why not take more responsibility for planning your food? That way you’ll start to learn more about what you’re eating, and it will be easier to eat sensibly when you’re away from home, or away from your normal planned environment.

Good luck with it, I’m sure you’ll be back to your ‘wedding weight’ super fast, then there’s another two months to October – what did you lose in the first two months of doing BSD?

• posted by Lesley91
    on

Thanks Frog, everyone was asking what me, my mum and dad has done as we have all lost loads of weight.

Fair enough, I see what you are saying.
    What we did last time was dad planned the meals, and I went to their house after work to eat with them – then about halfway through I did it alone. We found it helps keeps us all motivated in the evenings when we know we will see the others if that makes sense ha ha.

I plan my own breakfast and lunches and usually keep a stock of homemade curries..etc frozen for late shifts at work.

In the first week I lost 10 lbs which was amazing, the first 8 weeks I lost almost 3 stone I think, then we did another round of it – but my diet previously was just awful – lots of takeaways, big bags of sweets and 2 ltr bottles of pop each evening – which is why it dropped off me so fast.

How are you finding it?

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Don’t worry, just a blip, get back on plan, and if it works for you defo go for an outfit, perhaps treat that as your reward when you have lost the blip, and being a darling little BSDer again, we are all cheering you on, go girl you know you can do it.
    Love janπŸ“πŸ“πŸ“

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Yes, well done Lesley! Really great stuff, you keep keeping on

I agree with Frog’s advice about trying to get some involvement with the food planning, so you can carry it on yourself. I’ve found MyFitnessPal invaluable at giving me an idea of what I’m eating and its nutritional contents. Bit of focus at the start, but you soon get the hang of your favourite foods.

I also agree it’s a good idea to wait for the occasion outfit, especially if it’s fancy dress – suppose you decide on your character, buy the dress and then find someone else is going as the same thing? I’d hang on for just a bit…..

πŸ™‚

• posted by Lesley91
    on

True – I will just start planning what I want to wear πŸ˜‰

I love MyFitnessPal, haven’t used it with this diet though so will try it again, at the moment I have a new toy that attaches to the dogs collar and tells me how much walking we have done.

Well, my weigh in will be every Friday so I will check in here and see how everyone is getting on πŸ™‚

• posted by Frog
    on

I’m sure you’ll get back into it really quickly Lesley, and the ‘quick’ gain stuff will fall off soon and you’ll be back on track.
    I started mid may, so 10 weeks – with quite a few holidays and lapses, but still 10kg down and wearing size 16 instead of 20/22.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNYB Fingers crossed for you tomorrow!
    LESLEY91 youve done so well! Ok you had a blip but pony up and get riding again! A fancy dress party is a great excuse for thinking v. v glam or going as someone funny,so i wd wait before deciding on an outfit. just do as you did last time,you know now that a return to junk makes you feel rubbish! and see what happens this time!
    ORCHID i think it was you said some way back that once you feel trousers getting looser,try on the next pair down that are still too snug as an incentive to be back in them soon! I think thats a good idea..the two pairs i’ m wearing constantly at the moment are getting comfortably loose but not yet like clown trousers. I have many pairs waiting in the wings for their turn but too tight as yet! Will aim to get into them befoe very long! X

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Adding half a teaspoon of ordinary salt back into food every day might also help with the constipation. People like us (serious dieters, that is!) frequently cut our salt intake dramatically but our bodies do need some salt to function correctly, including keeping the digestive system moving.

Rico, you are doing amazingly well. Sugar free gum should in theory be fine, however, it depends on how you feel about artificial sweeteners. I personally have seen much better weight loss after stopping all sweeteners and also I think they were encouraging my sweet tooth rather than abating it. Could you perhaps try something like herbal tea when you get the munchies? Mint tea is very refreshing and has the added bonuses of being quite comforting and adding to water intake. It can also be drunk cold on summer days – assuming we get any more of those in England this year of course!

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

SunnyB, prunes are great – have not checked their carbs. I cannot bear to be constipated- historic reasons -so have a little psyllium each day, except weekends, probably a heaped teaspoon. I looked it up and a tablespoon has about 5 gms of carb BUT you do not really digest any of it. You can have it in water, do not take too much at first, and never add it to batter unless you are cooking it straight away, as it will set like cement. I have a pancake batter and I sprinkle it on it in the pan. I think I have accidentally discovered how to make it taste good,. It sort of toasts and is quite nice. You could sprinkle a little on your yoghurt if you have that. You need to keep your fluids up, but we are doing that anyway.

i only lost .4 kg this week, but total is now 5 kg, 11 pounds, so I am very pleased. I did not eat anything bad last week, but I think my portion control was up the spout!

Figs are good, but too much carb for us at the moment. I love them, but have had only 1 in the last few weeks. Don’t forget pumpkin skin, (butternut squash? ), leeks and good old celery which is supposed to be the only food which takes more calories to digest than are in it- now is that true?

if you are taking diabetes meds you might need to check with your doc before you take psylliium but it is pretty magic. I do not normally take it but always have it in the cupboard ( I used to have brown pasta, lots of olive oil and figs – even dates (sigh). I eat a lot of veg still, so have had only a small amount. I do not know about inulin but it sounds good too. Chia is good, also linseeds which I put in my pancakes (ground)

Best of luck to all

on

Lesley91 you are an inspiration and I am sure that you will be able to buy a stunning new outfit for the party
    SunnyB – I meant eat the pumpkin/squash as well as the skin of course. Roast lots with a tidge of olive oil and a wave of salt. It is a great snack and also good in salads.

As izzy said I think fruit teas are great. Ginger tea, bought or homemade is fantastic. If you chop some fresh it will last for several cups, hot or cold

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

I do like this woe! I have just finished week 9 and 30 pounds in total it is so exciting it’s still working. Long way to go yet but week 10 here I go…

My friend who is thin but healthy recommended a cook book by Madeline Shaw eat glow nourish full of exciting fast recipes lots of cauliflower rice and good ideas. No carb or calorie count but in a way it’s making this way of eating normal not a special diet. I do like cooking so it’s quite stimulating.

I didn’t weigh for the first 8 weeks but feel much more comfortable about weighing weekly now hopefully this is a sign I’m a bit more confident or relaxed or in the groove?!

Have a good week everyone

• posted by lmp98
    on

Week one -7lb πŸ™‚
    Then this morning I’ve put on a pound overnight! πŸ™ I
    Yesterday’s mistakes: I went on a nice 2 1/2 hour walk yesterday but forgot to take water (duh), and then treated myself to 1 small g&t (to celebrate the 1/2 stone!) at friend’s BBQ where I only ate meat and salad but probably had more than I should’ve portion-wise.
    I think I can see where that 1lb came from!! Back to doing things properly
    today – drinking lots of water – and for the rest of the week.
    Ps Lesley91 4st that’s fantastic, I bet you’ll be losing again this week – don’t worry about the gain, you were on honeymoon πŸ™‚

• posted by lmp98
    on

Well done Angiebabe that’s fab – 30lb in 9 weeks!! There’s hope for me.
    Thank you for your inspiration x

• posted by lmp98
    on

Sorry another question!
    I was a total tea addict and would drink that rather than water albeit with skimmed milk (I don’t like full fat milk). I’ve managed to reduce it to 2 cups a day, and definitely need one first thing in the morning!
    Do any of you still have a bit of milk in tea/coffee? I looked up the carb and calorie content so I think I’m still within limits. Or am I cheating?!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Imp98

No, you’re not cheating! I have my three cups of filter coffee each morning – I love it with full fat milk – and so long as you add in the calories and carbs to your daily total it’s in no way cheating.

You might have to measure out the ‘dash’ of milk you have to see exactly how much it is, and the nutrient balance, so you can add it in correctly!

Enjoy! πŸ™‚

• posted by rugby2642
    on

I am 5 weeks into the 8 week diet and I have lost 2 stone (28lbs) – I am very pleased with the results so far. I would like to think I can lose another 14lbs over the next 3 weeks. One thought that has helped me on the way is I have a grandson who will be 2 on October 1st and I asked how heavy he is and I now know I am now no longer carrying the equivalent of him round all day every day and my knees are feeling better and my belt has just about gone up 2 notches.
    I’m really glad I made the decision to buy Michael’s book from Amazon and then read it the afternoon I got it – I have been talking about doing something for the best part of 20 years because if you are a keen sportsman and then get older so the participant sports fall by the wayside but you continue to eat the same amount and of the same kind of things you are only going to get bigger and bigger.
    I didn’t like me at 19 stone – I like me a lot more at 17 – I wonder what I will think of me at 16 or maybe even 15 – my fighting weight when playing rugby was 14st 10lbs – my wife has been pleasantly surprised that I haven’t been as grumpy as she expected me to be especially when having just 2 meals on a weekend.
    We have both thoroughly enjoyed discovering the things you can do with celeriac where we have had chips and a spiraliser with the likes of courgette spaghetti.
    Thanks Michael I have eventually found something that works for me.

• posted by weescotty
    on

I don’t weigh myself all that often but was startled the other day when I weighed exactly the same- according to my scales – whether I was wearing clothes or naked!! So not taking too much notice of the scales – I think waist measurement will be a better marker ( unless my tape is stretchy? )

• posted by Timmy
    on

Well after a shockingly bad weekend I’m ecstatic to report that I am under the 90kg mark. I am 89.9kg precisely! Or 14st 2 in old money.

• posted by Nursebean
    on

Wow! ANGIEBABE!! That’s amazing – and especially the fact that you didn’t weigh for the first 8 weeks – what?!! You must have bean thrilled when you finally DID weigh – what a surprise eh? 30 pounds is incredible! Blimey, I wish I’d discovered this way of eating a lot sooner – I really do!
    As for constipation – I would recommend taking Magnesium tablets (600mg per day). It works wonders!
    As for salt – why not try Pink Himalayan salt – its so much more healthy than the bleached white stuff we all tend to use!
    BEan xx

• posted by Frog
    on

Well done Timmy – here’s to more shockingly bad weekends if they end like that!

Westcotty – the other day I was heavier than I thought, so weighted again, and was half kilo heavier, so had lots of goes – sadly none as low as the first! Weights given varied by over a kilo, so I decided to get new scales.
    THE JOY – I had loads of attempts,, and only got a variation of 50 grams – and decided it was the exercise from stepping on and off the scales. They give me fat and water percentages too (and BMI and bone density, but BMI is easy to work out, and bone density rarely changes).

Rugby – 28lb in five weeks, that’s amazing – as I calculated yesterday, that’s 28 cans of cat food, so very heavy if you tried to lug them around (or presumably 28 cans of pretty much anything that contains 400g of product, I imagine the weight of cans is fairly standard)

• posted by bigP
    on

1st August 2016 – 80.4 – 177lbs – 12st 9lbs – BMI 24.4

Weekly loss – 1.3kg – 2.9lbs – Transitioned to 4:3 now, with the weight still coming off. Trying to figure out how to stabilise my weight so will see how things go from here. I don’t want to get below 78kg and hope to settle around 80kg-82kg once I reduce the fasting days to one or two a week.

Loss so far:
    Since June 2014 – 60.2kg – 133lbs – 9st 7lbs
    Since 1st March 2016 – 43.4kg – 96lbs – 6st 12lbs
    Since 4th April 2016 (beginning of Fast800) – 30.1kg – 66lbs – 4st 10lbs

Current Target – Get fitter, adding muscle and get rid of the fat around my belly and thighs, in other words concentrate on getting my body fat percentage down.

• posted by Timmy
    on

WOW. That’s some impressive losses bigP. Or should you go be called notsobigP now?!

• posted by bigP
    on

Thanks Timmy, I need to think of a witty name change that keeps bigP in it, I’ll add notsobigP to the shortlist.

• posted by lmp98
    on

Wow bigP you are half the man you used to be! What an achievement πŸ™‚ huge congrats x definitely ‘notsobigP’ πŸ™‚
    You’ve made me realise I need to focus on the longer(ish) term picture rather than a one day blip.

• posted by Loren
    on

Hello Gorgeous peeps. Came back from hols last week and have now caught up with all your fab news. How great are we all doing?? Got back from hols last week feeling very relaxed. I did drink and have some ice cream whilst away but generally kept the carbs low. Did absolutely masses of walking though. Registered just under 2lbs loss when I came back. Weighed myself this morning and have another 6lbs to add to that. So have now lost 2 stone 8lbs in total. Can hardly believe it! I too have been having some really good filter coffee (my fave is illy) with hot millk as well as copious amounts of fizzy water. Have upped the exercise so try and do 10,000 steps a day (easier now There is less of me to carry around). Feeling so much better about myself, happier, fitter and healthier. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that reading about your journeys is a tremendous boost to mine. Thank you. Xx

• posted by bigP
    on

Thanks Imp98, funnily enough the weigh-ins and blips are the thing the drove me the most. I checked my weight daily at the beginning and any time I didn’t see what I wanted it would just push me harder to keep on going. It’s true that bad results would upset me but over the course of a week my weight would be lower (lucky I know). The truth is I didn’t expect to get the results I did at the rate I did, when I started in March I figured I’d get to my current weight in maybe a year or two, but here I am.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Okay, well the result this morning for my end of week weigh-in was not as bad as I feared having yo-yoed this week, coming in at 0.2lb up on my starting point last Monday. Trying to put a positive spin on this, so that I can stay focused, so I’m viewing this as a ‘plateau’ week and starting afresh with new determination for the coming week.

I have six weeks to make some proper progress, as we then have a long w/e in Edinburgh for a wedding (and some whisky tasting!) and then three days later, back out to our property in Turkey. This means I need to really get my act together.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNYB been waiting to see yr results! Many peeps on here talk about a defo plateau along the way..so maybe youve hit yours ..or could be temp blip after yoyoing.
    yes! Stay positive,all will be well..theres times we just have to be patient but from stats ive seen here and on fast day forum, a ‘no progress ‘ week is so often followed by a really satisfying week! Maybe also to do with time of the month,if youve been to the loo.
    Tape measure may be more yr friend right now if youre recording inch loss x

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi all
    So not my official weigh day that is Wednesday’s, but as we now have a 1 st of the month weigh in here goes .
    Day 33 Weight this morning 105.6 k.g total loss 11.76 kg, plan going very well, needing to use a little willpower now, as i am upping the exercise, realised the importance of planning very carefully in advance, so I use the 800 cals and 50 carbs, for the most nutritious food. I haven’t slipped up once, but it’s easy to waste cals on higher cal food, like smoked mackerel, or nuts, and then that leaves me hungry.

Hope it’s going well for you all also.

Love jan

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Wow JAN i had to convert that..almost 26 lbs in under five weeks..you must be thrilled to bits!
    13 days til i hit day 33, i will be over the moon if ive done as well as you! X pleased to say i too haven’t slipped up yet,but it almost feels like bad carbs and sugary food are somehow totally out of my reach( which helps! )x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Yowser49 – have experienced the plateau thing before, so not a stranger to it. Hope that things will move in the right direction this week …. including the constipation problem!

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

I am new to the forums but have been on the 8w 800 cal diet for just over 2 weeks. To help me commit and finish and not fail, I started to blog my progress every Monday on my tech blog gavinsgadgets. So not to muddle the diet with tech posts, I created a dedicated menu page for this plan.

During the 2 weeks I have been following the 800 cal a day like a hawk. I have used some of the menus from the BSD book.

I lost 10lbs week 1. 6lbs week 2. So far 1st 2lbs. Blood sugars are down. Blood pressure is down too. Waist has reduced by 2.5 inches, neck by 2 inches.

It’s been easier than I expected but I do get bad moments when willpower is needed in abundance.

I have a lot of weight to lose , 45% from my starting weight which feels daunting.

Just thought I’d share where I am at the moment.

Gavin

• posted by Loren
    on

Welcome Gavin! Wow, that’s a fantastic start! Keep setting small targets and keep going. You will be amazed at how different your life will be in a very short period of time.

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Hi Loren. Thanks. I’ve been a bit lucky at the start so will have to set smaller goals now.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Just finished week 5, weigh in 11 stone 13 lbs, lost 7 1/2 lbs. Not a fast mover but more than I have ever lost before because I could never stick to the other diets. Very happy and b/g 95 (5.2) this morning. Edit, just so you dont think that is 71/2, I have lost 7.5 lbs. My old computer used to have a half key.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

You have company – like you, I am a slow loser sunshine-girl. Congrats on getting over the half stone mark -a half stone lost is half a stone lost and should not be sniffed at – I’m sure you will soon be reporting you have got over the whole stone lost mark. Great b/g results too. I’m hoping to get over the stone and a half mark in the next three weeks, but not banking on it of course. Anyway, keep with it and I’m sure you will be posting more positive results soon.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Still sitting this morning at the same weight as last week, but not worrying too much – 2lbs to go to final target πŸ™‚

Today I am waiting for a work colleague at Cherwell Valley Services. Looked up last night what breakfast would be available. Treating myself to one of my favourite coffees – Costa cortado, which is tiny glass of coffee. MFP says 42cal and 6 carb (all sugar – made with skim milk which is all they use). Lovely though.

All other Costa foods have carbs 20g or upwards so sneakily having M&S edamame and hummus protein pot. Could wish it wasn’t as large as 170g as not so much needed.

But so few healthy options – I can see lots of high cal coffee offers, doughnuts, cakes, muffins, croissants, chocolates, cookies, burgers. And that’s me facing in one direction.

And a lot of people who would doubtless love to hear how they could get rid of their spare tyres and also feel great.

Current food service environment just doesn’t help. I could get very angry at how we’ve all been brainwashed to crave the stuff that is worst for us…..

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Forgot to mention all the fizzy drinks on offer! Mostly full of sugar……aargh

• posted by Timmy
    on

Hi Igorasusual. I must have drove right past you! I go past those services most mornings at about 8am!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Waves!

Morning Timmy! πŸ™‚

• posted by Boomer53
    on

Good morning all. Looks like I have missed checking in a couple weeks. Still compliant with 800 calories daily (or fewer) and usually below 10 carbs. Today is week 7 day1. My weight is up 1.6 pounds this morning and my FBS today is 147. Although not easy to see those numbers I believe I know why – yesterday I had a couple ounces of almonds and I actually dipped them in pretzel salt!! I am guessing that the salt created some water weight. So…learned a lesson there. The taste of the almonds and heavy salt is definitely not worth the result. I will increase my water today and onward and look for both weight and FBS to drop accordingly. Congratulations to all for persevering. Forward we go! Laura.

• posted by lmp98
    on

Hello lovely people,
    Week 2 showing mixed results on the scales so far, up one day, down the next, up, down etc. I was starting to feel a little despondent but then gave myself a talking to and decided that this was likely to be a plateau and that (so far) at least I’m down 1lb – although whether that’s still the case come official end of week who can tell!
    Then I decided to take some measurements – bearing in mind that I only took the first lot on Tuesday – and I’ve lost 1inch from the slimmest bit of my waist, and 2″ from around my belly button. In just a couple of days πŸ™‚
    Back to being happy again!

So just a little update and a little bit of positivity to wish you all well this week xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi IMP welldone on keeping positive!it seems many peeps struggle between weeks 2 and 3, one way or another.i had a day or two of feeling very crabby..and a day or two of totally craving full fat yoghurt. I just wanted to put my head in a vat of it! I had as much anyway as my cals wd allow and everything settled down..day 24 today and have lost 21 lbs..the ups n downs are worth it for the results xx!

• posted by lmp98
    on

Wow well done Yowzer! 21lb in only 3.5weeks – that is indeed inspiration πŸ™‚

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi IMP.yes ..am delighted!… So many good storieson here to inspire and encourage us to keep onwards and downwards! X

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Aloha everyone!
    I just finished week 14 and lost 7 lbs since week 12 as I wasn’t able to weigh on week 13.
    Total loss on BSD 14 weeks is 42 lbs!
    Total loss since Feb 2016 in 58!
    Total loss from highest weight is 72!

Stick with it!!πŸ’œπŸŒ·

on

Hi all, in middle of week 6 and have lost 12 lbs, not huge, but equal to the most weight I have ever lost.

Imp I could not give up my coffee and tea – too old to change that, – but I do have green tea after breakfast drinks.

notsobigP many congratulations – bmi of 24.4 – my ultimate ambition

onwards and downwards

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Wow happy life that’s really well done, delighted for you, have you much more you are aiming to loose.

Please log in or register to post a reply.