Week 2 and feeling Good

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JoP
    on

I heard about this way of eating a while ago, but dismissed it thinking it’s not possible for me to do this. Even after I ordered the book I thought well maybe I can manage it for a couple of days a week. I am now coming up to the end of my 2nd week on 800 cals a day (although I admit I am slightly more relaxed on the weekends) I have lost 12Ibs!! I am constantly shocked at this as trying to get my diabetes under control for 3 years means that I thought I had portion control sorted and that I cooked healthy meals but no matter what I couldn’t seem to lose the weight. I realise now that snacks were part of my continual downfall, after all it’s only a snack…it doesn’t really count right! Well guess this proves it does, not only have I not eaten snacks I really haven’t felt I wanted to. I am excited to continue on this adventure and see where it leads 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Great result JoP!!! Don’t panic if the loss slows a little – or even stalls – this is common and only an indication that your body is adjusting. You are proving this way of eating works and it’s helping you identify what was wrong with your previous pattern of eating. Like you, I had always thought I was eating a fairly healthy diet, but just couldn’t get the weight under control. Having found the BSD I have managed to shift almost all the extra pounds now, just a few to go.

Stick with it, what you are doing is working well and I’m sure you will be reporting other positive results soon.

• posted by JoP
    on

Thank you. I certainly don’t expect this level of weight loss to continue but it’s been so long since I have been able to shift any weight at all. It’s good to take inspiration from yourself and other people….I suspect I may need it further down the line 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

We’re all here to support each other and that is especially important when it doesn’t feel like anything is happening, but we love to celebrate too, so be sure to let us know how you are doing. Have a great w/e.

Please log in or register to post a reply.