Week 1 Day 1 of the rest of my life…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Started the 800 Cals again, today in the hope and belief I am and will do this….without hopping about all over the place. Several weeks back I did start and was successfully losing until I went away for a week and fell off and found getting back on track terribly hard to do.

I have Diabetes Type 2, and a couple of other auto immune diseases which means am presently taking prednisolone and they added Insulin as my bgs were orbiting. Weight increasing slowly which is a main reason besides wanting to get off metformin and the preds is why am so happy to have found the 8 week BSD

Decided to use FatSecret instead of MFP as seems much easier to negotiate

Day 1 – weight 90.5kg
    B/ fast – 1 large free range egg scrambled with 30g cheddar cheese
    Lunch – home made mushroom soup with 1tbsp crème fraiche
    Dinner – Easy Bol p124 in Recipe book

Have bought a water bottle with infuser and enjoying drinking 2 litres a day with added lemon / limes

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hello 1960smp,

Good luck with your restart! You can definitely do this. If you’ve done one day now, you can do today and then tomorrow and the next day and so on. I find things like going away or having guests or going out for dinner etc are all the things that derail me too but then I realised that these things will always be going on so I just have to find a better way of managing them.

I’ve also got an infuser bottle – strawberry, cucumber and mint is a lovely combination!

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Thanks Flash, yes that does sound agreeable with me…yum
    I aim to get through today, positively, then tomorrow and so on…tiny steps and one day at a time…

• posted by Flash21
    on

It’s lovely! And you can do this! We’re all in it together 🙂

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Flash, I Added mint leaves to the lemon and lime slices and what a difference….delicious

Am pretty motivated today so happy about that

• posted by Flash21
    on

That sounds really refreshing! Haven’t tried mint with lemon or lime yet. Will do tonight!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

When I go to my hairdresser, because she knows I only drink green tea, she goes into her garden and picks mint and citronella leaves, sometimes a bit of camomile and makes me an infusion with a squirt of lemon. It is lovely, and lovely of her to do that for me. She works from her home.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

O sunshine isn’t that so kind!!

Am really into this lemon lime and fresh mint infusion, preferring it over hit drinks too

To be honest I have been rebooting each morning and finding by tea time just losing it to the temptations of picking at foods taking me over my daily allowance which I know am doing and isn’t good ….so by then I think start tomorrow so may have something later like a bag of crisps (chips) or worse we had a pie from chippy last night!!!

I am finding it hard to stay on the roll but can’t say why other than easier to give in

Being Coeliac and requiring gluten free food as well isn’t that hard to adhere to on this way of eating so I need a real life check at potential damage am doing to myself…plus, the medications am on sending me west and so feel proper sorry for myself at mo😭

Well, today is anew day and new start
    Here I go again!

• posted by Flash21
    on

Ahhhh sunshine – that’s so nice!

1960smp – sorry to hear you are feeling sorry for yourself. We will attempt to cheer you up! Have you thought about maybe trying a “soft entry” into the BSD way of life where you ease your way into the 800 cals/50g carbs allowances? I’ve read a few people have done that and it seems to have worked well for them. Putting pressure on yourself to stick to quite a different way of eating might be why you’re rebelling against it a bit? I know you’re doing well on the water drinking front, but have you thought about the fats you are including in your diet? They are what help to keep you feeling full so it might be worth doing a review of what you’ve eaten over the last few days. You can do this!

• posted by pamie123
    on

Hi Everyone, I am new to this. I have had the book for some time but have not done anything with it. However I have just weighed myself and am shocked at how heavy I have become. I would like to loses 15kg. I am also coeliac so 1960smp when I saw your post you inspired me. I can do this! I have just finished work so will go and reread my book and get motivated. 800 cals doesn’t sound so hard.Its hitting those carbs on the head thats going to be the hard part.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Dump the carbs and the calories will automatically come down. It seems strange at first trying to think what to have instead of carbs, try thinking of a plate of spaghetti bolognaise without the spahetti and just have more of the sauce, think of adding spirallized courgette. I love cauliflower mash. Tonight I am having grilled steak in homemade pepper sauce (just pepper and creme frache) and serving it with mashed celariac which I will steam with the stump from last nights brocolli (lots of goodness in the bits we normally throw away). That will replace my potatoes and then I will have some cauli and carrots as well. You will really get to love your veg, there are lots of lovely recipes and tips to get better flavour than plain old boiled carrots etc.

• posted by Flash21
    on

Yes, sunshine is right! Losing the carbs will definitely bring things down calorie-wise. Cauliflower in its various forms is a great staple on this diet – for me at least anyway! And also broccoli and most other green veg. It feels strange at first but you’ll get used to this way of eating very quickly!

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Gosh am confessing I am a terrible procrastinator!!

When I first started the BSD I was absolutely fine and losing weight, enjoying the food etc – but, went on holiday and lost the plot on getting back on full track…. seem to be able to start each morning, lunchtime and then it goes belly up by tea time

I know it works
    I know for my own health it has to be done

SO, other than a huge kick up my rear , not sure what else to do…

I will restart again from lunch today…….

• posted by 1960smp
    on

2 weeks on and no further on….

Restarting today!!

Planning is key and as am def not in the habit of planning, I guess that’s where the ultimate mistake lies…

I have both the reading book and recipe book, so no excuses now.

I am thinking to simplify the next couple weeks ( for me )

I will have breakfast as egg based ( omelette, quiche, etc ) or Greek yoghurt and berries
    Lunch will be soup
    Dinner will be meat / fish/ based with veg

Each day + 2 litres water

Hope to be able to make a dent in these extra pounds crept on….

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Am so excited!!

Got back on track yesterday and already am 3kg down!! That in old money is around half a stone….and I did pee a lot so yes that figures!!

Lunch was the delicious chickpea and chorizo soup from original book and dinner was the Hungarian goulash in the Recipe book

Both divine and filling.

Am planning meals more which is tiring actually for me but if I don’t I will fail again…

• posted by topcac
    on

Just wanna add to the last post that the soup is amazing!! I’m on week 7 and got bored with the same old lunches so mixed things up a bit and had the soup – wow – awesome!

Please log in or register to post a reply.