walk run walk

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Hawks
    on

Hi
    My exercise regime consists of walking down my driveway and the shared access, and then a mix of walking and running up, with the running in 5 short, not that fast, about 15 second bursts on the steep bits, finishing with a tired walk up the rest. I think it is about 4 km total, with a climb of about 80 m on the return/ uphill leg.

I am trying to convince myself to measure the time I take so I can see any improvement, but I am not good with failure, so I haven’t, in case I don’t see any improvement.

• posted by Red Devil
    on

Hey Hawks, doing that you will notice an improvement.
    It will be fantastic when you suddenly realise that you aren’t panting as much or you do an extra set without thinking.
    Cheers
    Red

• posted by Hawks
    on

Thanks Red Devil…maybe I’ll be brave tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Hawks
    on

Good intentions but forgot to time it… but tomorrow is another day.
    I did count high intensity bursts more carefully and am doing 6 x 15 seconds.
    How many high intensity bursts should I do? From memory, the book implied that either too many or too long was not helpful, but I can’t find that bit again.

Also, I can add another 1.2 km which goes up (down on the return) about 90 m. Should I do that, or use it for variation say once a week, or try to speed up what I do already?

• posted by Hawks
    on

Off for a walk with a neighbour today which will be nice, but when asked how long a walk she said 2-3 hours! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ We’ll see if I can keep up as I usually don’t do more than an hour…Let’s hope the hills she walks are less steep than mine.

• posted by Hawks
    on

Made it. In fact it was fairly easy which made me feel a lot better about my fitness level.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Well done Hawks.

• posted by Hawks
    on

Thanks Switzerland! It certainly helps having a whole country cheering me on. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Hawks
    on

Two timed sessions now:
    28 minutes
    and
    30 minutes.

I guess that’s a fairly consistent point to compare with later.

• posted by Hawks
    on

29 minutes today. On target I guess.

I didn’t do anything yesterday. My mood was down too, so I really had to do it today.

Please log in or register to post a reply.