Very pleased with results after 1 week!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sobbingfrickle
    on

Hi there

I’m a newbie. Started the fast 800 a week ago at 16st and I am pleased to report I have lost an impressive 10lbs in the first week.

Would like to be down to 11st (the higher end of the BMI for my height 5’6″ ugh) so in my first stint I am going to see if I can manage 12 weeks.

Although I’m not diabetic. was definitely suffering some sort of insulin issue as my sleep was very disturbed due to having to wake up and eat during the night.

I am pleased to say after one week I am sleeping like a baby. It’s worth it for that alone, weight loss is an additional bonus.

• posted by Pancita
    on

Well done on your loss – and on your super name! I don’t know exactly why, but I love it.

Great to have improved sleep. I found that too; better sleep, more energy, less digestive grumblings and discomfort. The weight loss for me too was a bonus.

Keep going! xx

• posted by Gladys From Cornwall
    on

Hi there – well done – I’m new too – started 5 days ago and like you, not diabetic or even pre-diabetic, but I don’t want to be and I’m certainly well overweight. We sound like we have similar goals. I slept pretty well last night (menopause usually puts paid to that) but I’ve woken up with a sore throat and cold this morning, so hard to tell how I feel today!

• posted by sobbingfrickle
    on

Well done!

Sorry to hear you aren’t well! I hope you get over it quickly & get good results when you weigh in.
    I’m going to have to up my fibre I think because my BMs (sorry) have reduced quite a bit, I suppose that could just be due to the reduction in my consumption as well though.
    Have a fitbit and have just treated myself to some of their scales which measure yr body fat. Want to get a reading on that asap so I can chart as I lose. Felt quite a bit lighter again this morning and was tempted to weigh myself again but I think its best to stick to once per week.

• posted by Spalmon
    on

Well done on your results so far that is fabulous. I’m in exactly the same situation, not diabetic but worried I will be. I’ve also been sleeping really well apart from one weird night where I was craving carbs.
    I’ve lost 4lbs since Saturday which is great but had a terrible day yesterday , I fell at the first hurdle of social situations at a business meeting …but back on track today.
    Hope the rest of the week goes well for you !

Please log in or register to post a reply.