Veggie Fast 800 – 3 meals – what do we eat?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Fluff
    on

Thought I would post what I eat/cook as it would help me enormously to see what other veggies are eating! Fluff XXX

B – Blueberries (stewed in a drop of water/no sugar then cooled) and half a 170g pot of Total Fage Natural yoghurt
    L – Celery sticks and a dollop of hummus
    D – Homemade Squash/Spinach/Cherry tomato pasta sauce (no pasta for me!) and big salad of iceberg lettuce, green pepper with
    mashed avocado and lemon juice as a dressing.

B – Blueberries and natural yoghurt
    L – Homemade Chickpea and squash curry with dollop of yoghurt
    D – Steamed spinach and broccoli (lots!) and baked asparagus (baked with olive oil) with tamari sauce

• posted by barby
    on

Great idea Fluff! Must try the tamari sauce.

B 3 dsrt spoonds Lidl full fat Yoghurt + teaspoon chopped nuts/seeds + teaspoon flax seeds + teaspoon linseed ground
    + 8 frozen blackberries warmed in microwave 30 secs
    L salad, lettuce/celery/cucumber/2 tomatoes + 1 hardboiled agg + 1 oz grated cheddar cheese + 1 dollop full fat plain cottage cheese
    D Cottage pie + cauli mash from recipe section (substituted Quorn for the meat – this was gorgeous))

• posted by barby
    on

Great idea Fluff – I must try the tamari sauce, I couldn’t find it in Tescos last night.

B 3 table spns Lidl full fat yoghurt + 1 teasp chopped nuts/seeds + 1 teasp round linseed + 1 teasp flax
    + 8 frozen blackberries, warmed

L salad lettuce/cucumber/celery/pepper 2 tomatoes hard boiled egg, 1 oz grated cheese + dollop full fat plain cottage cheese

D cottage pie and cauli mash from Recipes – I substituted quorn for meat – it was so lovely

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi Fluff,
    yesterday was total – 814 cals and 61g carbs.
    Breakfast
    Full fat yogurt – 60g
    Rasps – 30g
    3 Almonds chopped, 3g linseeds, 3g pumpkin seeds, 3g sunflower seeds.
    Cinnamon
    Lunch
    Creamy Cauliflower and Beans soup (see recipes section)
    Fried egg (in non-stick pan)
    2 grilled Portobello mushrooms
    5 cherry tomatoes
    Snack
    Goats cheese – 19g
    Dinner
    Mushroom and garlic veggies burger
    Salad of cucumber, spring onion, tomato, red pepper and some balsamic vinegar for dressing.

I weigh everything as I don’t trust my judgement on ‘dollops’.

• posted by barby
    on

Sorry about double post above, forum wasn’t showing my postings for some reason.

Just wanted to ask about your Mushroom and garlic burger Orchid, did you mean a large mushroom, or actual burger? Thanks.

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi Barby – it is an actual burger. I found it in the health food shop – made by dragonfly. It is quite high carbs so needs to be planned in carefully or you blow the days budget easily. I enjoyed it – they come in a pack of two, I had the other one on Monday evening. I will definitely get them again as a backup to have in the fridge.

• posted by orchid
    on

Barby, did you spot the seeds ‘fried’ in Tamari that Cherrieanne mentioned the other day – sunflower seeds of pumpkin seeds – dry roast slightly, then add Tamari Sauce to them – they caramelise and all stick together. Once cool – separate and store – lovely snack!

• posted by jane c
    on

Just the thread I’ve been looking for 🙂 I love getting meal ideas.

I do weigh and add up calories, but have chucked the list away, but today I had:

B- smoothie of coconut water, raw beet & kale, milled flaxseed & cinnamon.
    L- apple, celery, red leicester & walnuts. (small but surprisingly filling).
    small cappucino
    D- courgette ‘lasagne’ with cottage cheese and grated romano instead of bechamel.
    Treat- a few ripe strawberries with black pepper and cream. Delicious.

Please log in or register to post a reply.