Vegetarian starting on 6th of March.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jignasa
    on

Hi all! Read the BsD book and totally inspired. Starting on Monday 6th march and hoping there is someone out there who can help me with some vegetarian meal ideas. I am Indian and we do eat a lot of lentils, legumes etc which Michael says are good but they do have lot of carbs. Anyone vegetarian who has had a good result? Please help!!!!

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

Hi Jignaaa – most of the breakfasts in the bsd book are vegetarian/vegan and the other meals animal portion are easy enough to replace with tofu, nuts and seeds. i’m using lentils but in much smaller amounts. Look for low carb nuts such as macadamias, brazil and pecans and walnuts. Gotta watch the seeds, I stick to pumpkin seeds – you are still getting your good fats and protein just needs a little bit of extra planning. You’re lucky you still have cheese and eggs as your go-to. I will be starting on my third week Monday weigh in and so far have lost 10lbs although I’m on this to reverse T2 diabetes but luvvin’ the weight loss. You’ll get great info from all the threads. Best of luck!

• posted by Jignasa
    on

Thank you Lucylinder for your encouragement and tips. I am in it to lose weight therefore hopefully reverse T2. I am going to start planning my meals and go for it. Is there a limit of 50 carbs a day ?

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

Hi yeah it seams to be a theme on this site that you need to limit your carbs to less than 50g with some saying 30g (net carbs) but could not find that in the book so not sure where that amount came from – perhaps leftover from an Atkins diet – I don’t know and there are people on here that have done very well so they would be able to tell you. All I know is that I have ‘good’ carbs i.e. pulses, lentils, and avoid anything processed along with potatoes, rice, pasta which were my staples prior to the bsd, (missing a piece of toast sometimes). Sometimes my carb intake is much higher than 50 but I usually hold at that or a little less. Dosn’t seem to have caused me any issues so far – losing weight and feeling well – but I will have to see long term how it affects blood sugar levels. As I said, there are lots of friendly helpful people on here that have been very successful and they will be able to advise you better than me. I’m just saying what has worked for me so far but it is still early days. But it would be great to come up with a vegan version of this that works.

• posted by Jignasa
    on

Thank you once again. Will start planning my meals today and take from there.

• posted by Jignasa
    on

Started the diet today but incorporating fasting into this..16/8 ..so far so good. On lemon water and a cup of tea till 1 pm then low carbing and keeping calories to 800…fingers crossed.

• posted by BSD13
    on

Hi, I am veggie eater, thinking of joining a journey to try and reduce my type 2 pills or reverse the type 2 — may be? Need some motivation coz it looks like a tough one. Ta

• posted by Pukkapies5
    on

I’m a veggie on my 6th day and keeping to 800 cals a day, but need to keep a journal or easy to forget what I’m eating. Found a lot of recipes on Pinterest , and the cottage pie on this forum is delicious. Just substitute mince with quorn.

Please log in or register to post a reply.