Usernames..how did you choose yours!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by EmWill
    on

My name is Emily Williams so its EmWill

• posted by Apple
    on

Hi everyone I’m new to this but thought I’d say hello! I chose Apple as I am feeling quite round hence my starting the BSD ๐Ÿ™‚ I saw what you said sunshine-girl about keeping names upbeat so now I can imagine losing a chunk from the Apple every week and fingers crossed I’ll be left with a skinny core ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by oldbluejeans
    on

I have a pair of old blue jeans that I love but haven’t worn for years because I can’t get them past my thighs but the username really comes from the song (can’t remember who sung it, it’s an oldie):

When I wake up in the mornin’ light
    I pull on my jeans and I feel all right
    I pull my blue jeans on
    I pull my old blue jeans on

won’t mean anything to you youngsters on here but the rest of you will now be stuck with it in your heads – sorry ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by oldbluejeans
    on

great conversation going here. Apple – let us all know when we can call you Pip!!

• posted by Impecho
    on

I love all these reasons for names! What a lovely ice-breaker! Mine seems quite boring compared to some. I have played in a brass band for 40 years and my favourite march is Imperial Echoes. It was also my CB radio handle way back when they were popular!
    I remember the song oldbluejeans! Have a pair of jeans in back of my wardrobe waiting for me to fit back into!!

• posted by Apple
    on

I don’t know about a pair of jeans I’d like to fit in to, more like a wardrobe full haha! I’m in this for the long haul as I just seem to have got bigger and bigger over the last 10 years but that does mean I have lots of clothes ready for when I can shrink back in to them. Mind you, I’m not sure I’ll even like the clothes from my 20s now! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

oldbluejeans, by David Dundas.

• posted by Langerhans
    on

What a brilliant thread! Loving reading the story behind the names!
    The islets of Langerhans are in the pancreas and secrete insulin. As a child, I came across the phrase and thought it sounded like a place – I imagined a cross between Narnia and the home of Puff the Magic Dragon! So when it came to the BSD it seemed perfect. I’m on a voyage of discovery…

• posted by jimnz
    on

In other forums, I use jimwilk as it is short for my first and surname.
    However, here I use jimnz as I am Jim and a Kiwi bloke.

Jim

• posted by ButterflyMoves
    on

I loved reading this thread, so many great stories behind the names. I love a good story.

Yowzer49 already knows where my name comes from. I have been in an overeating fat cocoon while healing from a bad work relationship. Now I want to pull a butterfly move and wriggle out of all this fat and fly away. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Natalie
    on

Loved reading all these. I’m afraid Natalie is just my real name! On a different forum once upon a time I called myself Cupcake but I felt that was giving off negative vibes when we’re not allowed to eat them!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks for all yr replies, so much fun to read..and sometimes it explains a lot!
    LANGERHANS i agree with how you visualised the word as a child! Gives me the same feeling ..and reminds me somehow of a friend i had on another forum who called herself Isle of Hue..had that same mystical feeel – and also sounds like I love you!
    NATALIE were you on fast forum as Cupcake? I regret being Yowzer,..sounds like a grumpy old man! ๐Ÿ˜„

• posted by shalimar
    on

These days not many people use perfume/cologne anymore because of other peoples alergies.

Shalimar is the name of a perfume that i have loved for a long time. Don’t spend money on it anymore …. but it also reminds me of a scent i got in a little wicker sachet at EXPO 67 world’s fair …. i still remember it all these decades later …. lovely, exotic … i think from the India booth.
    The memory of those scents still makes me smile. I actually still have a Shalimar soap that i use in my clothes drawers.

Shalimar /a.k.a Christel

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SHALIMAR I thought maybe your name was after 80 s band Shalimar ( tho thinkin about it,maybe they were Shalamar…) no idea if theyre still going..i loved two of their songs There It Is, and Night to Remember x
    Such a lovely exotic Eastern name! I also like Christel,very pretty !

• posted by Flash21
    on

I love finding out about all these user names – what a good thread to start! Mine’s not particularly interesting – just a nickname and part of my date of birth/lucky number ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Mine is – I think – the Polish shortened form of my name. I was Krysia as a skinny child and thin young adult but once I left home and got married I used the English shortened form of my name and – having a husband addicted to carbs – I struggled with my weight.

So I chose Krysia as my username because I wanted to go back to find the thin person who was hiding under all those extra layers – which I have done with the BSD and now have less than a stone to lose. Husband is doing better with the carbs also.

• posted by Verano
    on

Shalimar by Guerlain remember it well. It was my best friends favourite perfume!

Verano …. Summer in Spanish. I was on holiday when I stated reading BSD on my kindle. I was sat on a balcony, sun shining, reading and I noticed a newspaper with a headline ‘Verano’ …. and so I was ‘born’!

Great thread!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

KRYSIA Such a pretty name! You ‘ ll find yr inner Krysia again,just keep on keeping on xx onwards and downwards
    VERANO another pretty name and i’ve learnt something new too!
    FLASH are you very fast – and a gas like Jumping Jack Flash!
    Thanks Folks,love reading yr explanations! xx

• posted by Marsie
    on

Lovely…I’m smiling as I’m reading through this thread. Thanks to all.
    Marsie is a somewhat lazy choice. It’s a derivation of our surname and a nickname I’ve heard my OH called by many of his old mates for the 50yrs I’ve known him.
    aka Marilyn, living in Sorrento, a northerly beachside suburb of Perth, capital city of Western Australia xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi Marilyn MARSIE good to meet you! Glad this thread is giving you a smile! X

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I chose my name especially for this forum as it matches the somewhat patchy way I am addressing myself to losing all this weight. I take different elements from lots of diets like Sirt and Whole Approach, and also in cooking I always customise depending on how I feel. It seems even more appropriate now as I am wearing a mixture of different sized clothes, from size 20 to size 10 as I will not go and replenish my wardrobe until I have discovered my ideal weight and am stable at it.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

MIX I like yr approach! And its a good name!
    I agree re new clothes..i too want to hold out..but in the meantime its not as plain sailing as i thought..many tops that now fit over tum,hips etc,seem a funny shape around neck/ have too long sleeves
    Some of my trousers in smaller sizes look wrong somehow on thighs..too baggy and make me look fatter! Plus some trousers i’ m dragging out from where theyve lurked a long time have bust zips from past efforts to get into them! Not someone who can replace a zip and so i have to ponder..are they worth paying my local dressmaker to rezip or shd i just get rid! Also i have finally realised i dont suit bootcut trousies coz i have short legs and bootleg makes them look shorter….grrrr..i used to beleive they balanced out my big hips!
    so i dont have quite as much to wear as i thought..but am enjoying mulling over what to wear each day! X

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I threw out all the bigger clothes that wouldn’t ‘do’ anymore, after a mammoth trying on session. I just need a very good belt to hold up some of the size 20’s, luckily although the waist has shrunk dramatically I still have my ‘pear’ hips so can get away with some of the better fitting pairs.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Thanks Yowser49.
    Your clothes fitting probs sound as though they should be on the unintended consequences thread ๐Ÿค”

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Mixnmatch and yowzer – it is fun doing the clothes trying on and throwing out and working out what suits us now. I am also only buying very little until I get to my goal weight. Originally I thought it was10 stone 7lbs but now I think it might be closer to 9 stone.

• posted by Timmy
    on

You’ll never guess how I got my username.

• posted by SchnitzelVonKrumm
    on

I can’t stand the suspense, Timmy. Is your name Timothy????

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HI SCHNITZEL ! Thanks for reminding me..i meant to ask TIMMY what he meant!
    TIMMY!..could you possibly be Timmy the Dog in the Enid Blyton Famous Five stories?๐Ÿค”
    Or like Schnitz said,are you simply named Timothy? ” Language Timothy!” ..did you ever see that on tv!๐Ÿ˜„X

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

No, you’re all wrong, it’s him paying homage to his idol. Timmy Mallett. Got a tattoo of him and everything.

• posted by Billingebabe
    on

When we moved ‘up north’ to a village called Billinge one of my male work colleagues christened me billingebabe – even though I was in my late 40s. So glad we didn’t buy the house in Pimbo! I didn’t mind being a babe but a bimbo – no way!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Morning BB! I liveclose to you in Liverpool
    Laughing about Pimbo Bimbo! ๐Ÿ˜„
    I know Pimbo as i lived in Skem years ago x
    Heehee SCHNITZ,Lovely little dachshund! x

• posted by Billingebabe
    on

Sorry yowzer – back down south now but Mr BB is a scouser but lost his accent as he moved away aged 5. We had a new kitchen when we lived there and the kitchen fitter phoned me up and had a lovely drawling scouse accent. I got all excited. Then he turned up – short, plump and in his 50s! I was expecting a sort a George Clooney look alike with a Liverpool accent. Still he made a good job of the kitchen and made me laugh.
    Language was sometimes a problem for me as Billingers have their own dialect. Mr BB used to translate for me but sometimes even he was floored. I miss the humour but Mr BB has retained his dry wit and that goes well down here.

• posted by Busybee
    on

I live over the water on the Wirral – small world!
    X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HIIII BBABE re fitters,plumbers etc… I once had a dishy decorator in my home,was quite dazzled by his beauty til i saw him eating his lunchtime sandwiches with his mouth wide open! Ruined the illusion!
    Hi BUSYBEE, a smalll world but i wdnt want to hoover it heehee! Last weekend we discovered Royden Park in Frankby..its gorgeous! Went to an arts and craft fair there and had a drink in the Barking Mad cafe,admiring all the beautiful dogs there. Then to another favourite place,West Kirby. I LOVE yr side of the Mersey x

• posted by Hammerbabe
    on

Mine is because I support West Ham United(UK)

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hi Yowzer49
    Indeed the Wirral is a great place to live – my long departed Dad used to call it “God’s Little Acre”.
    X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

I agree with yr Dad BB! I love Parkgate,Neston market,Caldy,New Brighton,Heswall,West Kirby,..nothing better than walking on a beach with bare feet! X one place i havent been is Meols…is it nice there? There was a sitcom in the80s called “Watching” …set in Meols..did you ever see it?
    Were you a Herbert fan? I love him,v sad to hear he has passed..its like a light has gone out in Liverpool..such a flamboyant colourful man who did so much for charity x

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HAMMERBABE thanks..hope yr team is doing well! X

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hi Yowzer.
    Hubby and I try to go out for a walk each day and go to all the places you mentioned. Yes, we definitely used to see Watching, but may I say (in a very quiet voice) that Melos is probably not worth visiting except for the view which you can get just further along the coast each way. No I didn’t know of Herbert but will look him up.
    X

Please log in or register to post a reply.