Up and then Down…….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Napangardi
    on

My first week in and I commenced th is program/ lifestyle with determination and commitment. The first two days were tough but weighed daily and there was a downward shift. I busily worked out what weight I would be and thus smart targets were set. Joined some discussion threads , went to the gym, cooked great meals and then day four came … By this stage I was 2.3 kilos down …. I was so hungry that day, well maybe not hungry just craving whatever… I ate two squares of 70% chocolate, looked at the jar of vita weets, thought about a glass of wine but that was that…oh probably did eat more cashews and haloumi cheese than I should and this morning I was up 1.2 kilos… Devastated is not the word…. Thank goodness there is not anything really to eat that would make me momentarily satisfied. I am worried That I will give up but as I have had a couple of higher blood sugar levels in the past two years I know that I have to change my lifestyle habits… Will go to the gym as planned this morning… The only thing I can think of is that as I have been on SO many different eating plans I was not fussed about counting calories. I thought I knew what was what but today the new plan is to actually write down the calories . Today is a new day…

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi
    It looks like you were doing well but the problem was probably the carbs (you already know that I suspect)
    Week 1 you were probably starting the transition from carb burning to fat burning then you gave your body it’s favourite fuel.
    This week, rather than worry about calories (I’ve never counted them yet) concentrate on keeping the carbs down and fat and fluids up and hopefully, you’ll be much happier next week.

• posted by Napangardi
    on

Hi Bill, my first image was filling a ULP car with a bit of diesel! The engine does not work efficiently and/ or at all depending on how much. Then I hopped onto the scales and thought so what happened yesterday… No carbs and nothing …mmmmm I realized that I am still 1.2 kg down and that must be real loss. I am one of😜those quick fix people so that has to change….so today is another day….

Please log in or register to post a reply.