Unbeliveable – can you help

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Greentailsandhats26
    on

Been on the Fast800 for 4 weeks now. Need to lose 2 and a half stone. I religiously log everything. Weigh everything. Make sure my carbs are below 20g a day. I lost 8lb in first week and nothing for 3 weeks. I don’t understand. I have always exercised, I run 3 times a week and do weights at home. Plus other things. Not sure what is going on. Can someone help? I feel like sacking it in now. But then I know jumping from diet to diet doesn’t work. It’s doing my head in!!!! Please advise.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Greentails, you’ve lost 8 lb, that’s over half a stone – a fifth of what you want to lose. That’s pretty good going.

Weight loss isn’t always steady, and it’s not the only way to log progress. If you haven’t already, measure your waist and see if that reduces in size. Keep to the diet and exercise, drink plenty of plain water, and the weight will soon start coming off again.

• posted by Greentailsandhats26
    on

Aww thanks Squidge. I have become disheartened. I have noticed a lot of weight coming off my belly. But no scale change. I never broke it down to it being a fifth. That sounds good. Thank you very much for the encouragement. It has stopped me caving in over the weekend. X

• posted by JGwen
    on

When we eat a high carb diet we have high insulin levels. Insulin blocks the growth hormone which stimulates repair of bone and muscle tissue. Some people go through a period when they keep their insulin levels low of the body going through a healing period. – Strengthening bone, building muscle in response to exercise and once it has caught up with the backlog of repairs then you may see a weight change. –

As Squidge says, look for inch change not scale changes. – But don’t look just at your waist measurement. Our bodies tend to discard from our faces, collar bones emerge, even shoe size changes for some people before the discard starts from the waist and hips.

Focusing on the reading on some scales that only you will see each morning doesn’t help anyone. The BMI tables are only a guide and most sports people would be classified as fat or obese by them. – Focus on having a healthy body.

• posted by Ihatesugar2
    on

I could’ve written the exact same post and same weight to loose. Good luck, you can do this!

Please log in or register to post a reply.