Ugh feeling suddenly icky – day 5

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ShrinkMe81
    on

So this morning started well, I have lost over half a stone already. But as the day wore on I got really tired and washed out. Tonight I feel exhausted and I’m craving something more to eat. It’s a craving rather than hunger. Plus I’m really freezing cold! I have had terrible sleep the past couple of nights which won’t be helping matters.

I’ve had lots of water and two cups of peppermint tea this evening. Any other suggestions?

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Sounds like carb flu to me, essentially withdrawal symptoms from the simple carbs and sugars. It usually only lasts a couple of days, so just be kind to yourself and push through it. If you get headaches take painkillers, wrap up warm and try to sleep as well as you can, maybe reduce caffeine temporarily to help with that. I didn’t suffer from it myself, so am not sure if there are any comfort food tips that reduce the cravings without prolonging the carb flu period.

• posted by ShrinkMe81
    on

Thank you. In the end I had a boiled egg and a square of dark chocolate. It took me to 900 calories but I felt a thousand times better and managed a decent night’s sleep. Today’s a whole new one … Off to jump on the scales!

• posted by Shyshihtzu
    on

Crikey, that’s just how I feel! I’ll take note of the replies you got. Hope we both feel better soon!

• posted by topcac
    on

Panic not – it is definitely carb flu – I had it and actually threw up!! Also had the worst headache. So yes, be kind to yourself, drink buckets of water and herbal tea / coffee and eat fat lol. Strange as that may seem, things like cheese and nuts (in moderation and VERY limited cashews) will help because they are low in carbs and high in fat, which is what your body is moving to burning. It usually only last a couple of day and it means it’s working guys!! WOO HOO!!

Hope you feel better very doon.

• posted by Shyshihtzu
    on

Thank you for your kindness, I think the headache has been the worst thing. Even went to bed in the afternoon, 2 days running! Hopefully it will improve. Hopefully, it will show on the scales on Sunday morning 😕

• posted by SunnyB
    on

It’s fine to take some painkillers if you need to / want to. Good hydration is important, but if this is not clearing things, there is no need to suffer in pain.

Fingers crossed for great results on Sunday – good luck!

• posted by ShrinkMe81
    on

Thanks folks, and I hope you feel much better soon, Shy.

Today has been better so far. We’ll see what tonight brings. No headache really for me which is a blessing.

Please log in or register to post a reply.