Two weeks in

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by marie123
    on

Flick – Brilliant going – I’ll be really interested to hear all about the fasting NSV’s, too. I’m also looking forward to learning a lot from how you manage the reverse dieting once you go into maintenance.

• posted by Flick
    on

Thank you all for your well wishes and support.I seriously don’t think I would have made it this far without you lovely, lovely, inspiring, gentle, generous, clever souls!

Here is a real shock – this morning I weigh 61.2kg πŸ˜―πŸ€”. 🌟🌟 Theodora, this must be the continued effect of the fast as you suggested might happen. What a hoot. Honestly, sometimes I am completely confused by this weird body. Maybe it understands the end is near so has decided it may as well give up the ghost and get it over with!

Some of the fasting NSVs I experienced included a lovely boost of energy, not a manic type, very similar to the one you experience when you first go into fat burning. It was lovely. My skin cleared – the colour evened out. I got quite a kick out of being able to notice the hungry feeling around normal mealtimes, and being able to ignore it. It is helping build a little confidence around managing the tricky challenges of maintenance. And I notice a reduction in that belly fat – it’s not that I usually feel bloated but I definitely feel lighter, flatter and emptier (not a deprived something missing empty) very hard to explain. Strangely measurements haven’t changed but I can tell a difference in how I feel and how clothes sit. I really enjoyed, like really enjoyed, not having to weigh and log anything other than a few black coffees and not having to think about what to eat! And this from a girl who loves, loves, loves food.

So I have a week and a half to go to the end of Week 16. I’m starting to feel a little anxious about maintenance and am reading like a mad woman about reverse dieting strategies and trying to how to add 50 cals a day each week. There are some hilarious websites offering advice what 50 calories looks like – quite a few lollies and chocolate bars offered up as options!

• posted by Flick
    on

Scales this morning up to 62.1- so quite a lot of bouncing around this week! I’ve been back to my usual eating plan since the 60 fast and that especially lovely 1.9 loss – so I’m pretty happy to appear not to be bouncing above the low 62s, Still over a kilo down. It will be interesting to see where it stabilises.

Just over one week left so I’m going to add another 48 (maybe 60) hour fast before the end.

• posted by Flick
    on

Oh dear, I’ve responded to a couple of threads so the Recent post list is all Flick, Flik Flick and here comes another one. πŸ™ƒ Sorry about that.

Here is. my wrap up of Week 7 Round 2 and Week 15 all up, the penultimate BSD Fast800 weekly report from me.

As shared above, this week included the back end of my first 60 hour fast which, as hoped, triggered a return to weight loss albeit with some pretty impressive fluctuations in the days immediately following. After 5 days of back on 800/20 my weight hopefully has stabilised with a very welcome loss. Here’s the lovely numbers –

Round 2 starting weight 67.5
    Week 6 63.7
    Week 7 61.7 = -2kg πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈ

Total for Round – 5.8kg – yippeee yahoo
    Total for 15 weeks of BSD – 16.6kg πŸ‘πŸ’₯ that’s 21% of my starting weight
    BMI a very nice 23.3 (or 21.6 depending on the calculator you use – I’ll settle for the more conservative)

Interestingly I don’t lose very much weight, if any, on 24 or 36 hour fasts. There are of course other lovely benefits to be had from these. So this loss is a real eye opener. Here is what my weight did 63.7, 61.8, 62.3, 61.2, 62.1, 62.1 61.7, 61.7. Seems to be settled but fingers crossed.

This week I also saw a reduction of 2cm in both my waist and hip measurements – now 76 and 94 respectively. I’m very happy that my waist measurement is now at a safe distance from my height and the hip reduction is actually my tummy paunch reducing at last (this may be triggered by the fast, if so I probably need to stop eating for a month πŸ˜‚). I also measure circumference at the bottom of my ribs as a proxy for visceral fat settled around internal organs. This also reduced by 2cm last week as did my thighs. Very sad to report I lost a cm from my bust 😬.

I’m so happy that this slightly longer fasting worked for me. I didn’t find managing the waves of hunger at normal mealtimes at all distressing and even enjoyed an extra boost of energy from the second full day along with a lovely sense of calm. Not sure what causes that.

I’m now in the second day of this weeks 60 hour fast and feeling just fine.

So cheers for now, I’ll report back next Tuesday with my final wrap up. πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈ

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi flick
    Delighted for you, very inspirational keep up the good work

πŸ™‹

• posted by alliecat
    on

You are REMARKABLE, Flick! Congratulations πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Now,
    get on over to “Maintainers”, won’t you?

• posted by Theodora
    on

Well done, Flick. So proud of you – as Allie says, can’t wait to welcome you over on the maintainers thread.πŸ’•πŸ§€πŸ‘

• posted by Flick
    on

greenjanet, thanks for your well wishes, it is always such a lovely boost. All the best with you restart, remember how much easier it gets after a week or two!

Allie and Theodora, see you there in 6 days! I have a million questions about how you each managed rebuilding calories 🧐

• posted by Flick
    on

Here is a mid last week update –

I’m just about to eat lunch after fasting for roughly 75 hours. From dinner Sunday night. The fast was easy, hungry at mealtimes but that quickly passed but important to note I’ve been developing my fasting muscles over time – 16/8 daily, some 24 hour fasts (dinner to dinner, first one was unintentional busy and I found I just didn’t want to have a 3 oclock lunch so close to dinner), a couple of 24 hour fasts, 41 then 48 hours. Ipfor me, at first quite resistant to the idea of fasting, building up gradually has made a big difference. I enjoyed a lovely boost of energy again and a more general sense of well being. Most thrillingly though, when I caught myself looking forward to eating food again I was thinking about foods I’ve been eating over the last 16 weeks, big bowl of baby spinach salad with pepitas, some blobs of larb, maybe a little avocado and cucumber, ooo
    I know some beautifully steamed and dressed broccoli and tuscan kale wilted with garlic and butter – you get the picture. I need yoghurt and berries with some smashed up cocoa nibs and flax seeds! Not lovely sourdough toast with peanut butter, not risotto! This alone has helped to calm (sadly not laid to rest) some very deep seated worries about how I will go with mantenance πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ🀩 An unexpected and very welcome bonus.

This is my last week of BSD Fast 800 so my primary objectives are weight loss and hopefully giving my metabolism a boost ahead of maintenance. This will change once I’m settled into maintaining my lovely new weight.

Here is what my weight did –

Sunday morning normal day eating – 62.1
    Monday – 61.7 (first day of fast)
    Tuesday – 61.7
    Wednesday – 60.7
    Thursday – 60.4

Based on last week I expect this will now bounce up and down again a bit before my last weigh in next Tuesday. Final wrap up then πŸ€ͺπŸ˜’πŸ€”

• posted by Gattina
    on

Flick – these are amazing results. Well done on the fast and the amazing weight loss – such an inspiration.
    It is strange how taste buds change – your body is telling you it prefers the healthy foods you have been feeding it rather than the stodgy risottos of the past. I’m not quite there yet – I do still think about risottos and bowls of pasta but I’m translating those cravings into cauliflower rice and courgetti πŸ™‚

• posted by Flick
    on

Woohoo πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻 60.3 this morning. This is exactly 18kg lost in a smidge under 16 weeks. I am completely thrilled, an idiot grin plastered on my face, just controlling the urge the rush outside and shout this amazing news up to the heavens!

Not only that but also this ….. as I get so close to the end (3 days not counting today), a truly remarkable thing has happened. Last night my smashed up cocoa nibs and flax seed mix I sprinkle on my yoghurt and berry dessert …. TASTED SWEET! Totally, deliciously sweet. I have been quietly concerned that my tastes buds may not have changed. My food desires certainly have, but, until quite recently, I haven’t eaten any sugary sweet things these last four months. No chocolate, no desserts, none of my usual lucious homemade baked treats. So when in a recent weekend away I did eat a small piece of homemade shortbread each day and found them totally lovely, I was quite concerned. This is such a welcome boost most needed as I enter the unknown challenges of maintenance.

Anyway, just to reiterate EIGHTEEN KILOS BLASTED OFF MY DEAR LITTLE BODY!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Flick, my lovely, why control “the urge the rush outside and shout this amazing news up to the heavens!”? Go for it, girl – and loud enough for us all to hear you in dear old Blighty πŸ˜‰ You’ve earned it, and we’ll
    all be shouting and cheering along with you πŸ˜€ Well done πŸ˜„

Looking forward to welcoming your “dear little body” to the challenges, rewards and fun of maintenance xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Flick, this is a sonic boom heard around the
    world πŸ™‚ The earth shook here in connecticut,
    and I know essie heard it too! We saw this
    day in the cards from your arrival on the
    forums, and you presented what we charac-
    terize as the “right mindset”. How do you
    plan to celebrate this wonderful achievement??
    I’m doing backflips from one end of the room
    to another…I’m so proud of you, Flick! Now
    it’s time to send you out into the greater
    world to be an advocate for this WOL.
    Don’t stray too far though, who will I have
    when I need an occasion kick in the tail
    feathers? Monumental effort, take no
    prisoners attitude, brilliant understanding
    of the task at hand, and here we have a
    new phoenix rising from the ashes. Hooray
    Flick! Smiles all around from all of us πŸ™‚
    xoxo

• posted by Flick
    on

Hello you sweeties, I muffled the boom out of care and respect for my lovely neighbours. But have now been skippedy do dahing around this morning like a skightky demented person. Was probably a little too effusive in my oraise of some hard rubbish collection I had organised for today and well, generally telling myself what an amazing effort and achievement that was!

As for celebrating, I’ve arranged a ‘clothes shop’ trip Sydney with a dear friend at the end of the month, but to mark the occasion, I think I will plant a lovely dogwood in the garden (if I can find one).

I think I’ll also buy a full length mirror so I can join in the joyful madness of the Phoenix thread!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Woohoo again, Flick.πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ

You REALLY have to buy the mirror, though it’ll be a complete time-waster (but in a good way) because you will spend an inordinate amount of time twirling in front of it, just not quite believing that the reflection is actually YOU! I still find myself doing it every time I pass mine, even after 10 months in maintenence πŸ˜‰

And once you’ve got the new clothes, it will get even worse, so better factor at least an extra hour into every dayπŸ˜‰

Have a wonderful shopping trip, those dreadful days of buying anything just because it fitted are long gone. Now you will be spoilt for choice and want to buy EVERYTHING because, not only does it fit but because you look amazing in itπŸ‘•πŸ‘–πŸ‘—πŸ‘šπŸ‘™πŸ‘ πŸ‘‘πŸ‘’

Go for it and then parade it all to us over in the Phoenix Club, of which you are now a fully paid up member πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ‘

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi flick
    Are you pleased about that then
    Hehe delighted for you it’s so good isn’t it, go girl with your next stage
    πŸ™‹

• posted by alliecat
    on

Flick, I’m crazy happy with your idea to plant a flowering tree. You must do it! Definitely buy yourself
    a full length mirror, too. The fruits of your upcoming shopping trip will be something that we all want to
    share. Post everything and anything on the “Phoenixes” thread. I look forward to the day when I do
    the same πŸ™‚ This has been a brutal year financially, with mountains of medical bills to address, but I
    WILL get a modern cellphone eventually, and then you will get tired of seeing my headless image.
    Theo “owns” the twirl…I more or less continue to laugh in surprise at the sight of my new self. You
    would think I might have gotten used to it by now…but no. Just too many years of avoiding my own
    image, day in and day out. Theo and I have been on the same path and share the same 1 yr maintenance
    goal, so you should be hearing a dual sonic boom coming from us mid April to early May. I’m sure
    that we will issue advance warnings to all, however. Ha!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Allie said…………….. “Theo and I have been on the same path and share the same 1 yr maintenance
    goal, so you should be hearing a dual sonic boom coming from us mid April to early May. I’m sure
    that we will issue advance warnings to all, however. Ha!”

Do we HAVE to, Allie?πŸ˜ͺ Can’t we just take the world by surprise and deafen the lot of them?😜
    Please, pretty please?πŸ˜˜πŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜

PS When is your actual one year maintenance anniversary date, Allie? I have an awful feeling that I shall be incommunicado in Africa on the actual date, so may not even be around to read about it, let alone congratulate you, so will be relying on the sonic boom to keep me informed😍

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’m happy to postpone my personal event until you return, Theo. I had hoped that in the course of your
    exotic travels, Wifi might occasionally be an available option for you. I was well expecting to share some
    of the beauty and wonder through your sisterly eyes. Is this part of an anniversary trip, or just the kindness
    of a devoted husband? I hope that you will share your itinerary and accomodations as the days draw
    nearer. Perhaps the joyful hoots and hollers for your anniversary will have to take into consideration the
    risks of sending the elephants, zebras and water buffalo off into a runaway stampede. Have respect
    for the wildlife, Theo πŸ™‚
    There is some vaguery about my precise date, because I arrived at the moment, unknown to me, because
    the hospital was our home for 3wks. Upon my return I checked our scale, and found myself 5lb under
    target. I use April 15 as the illustrious date, however..Maybe a few firecrackers might be in order? What
    do you think??????????????

• posted by Flick
    on

Well imagine that, here I am at the end of Round 2: Week 16 and now officially starting maintenace. Just at the moment I am suddenly busy, I have painters in doing all the outside window frames, eves, gutters pipes etc. it is very welcome but disruptive, though they are lovely and completely inoffensive. It will take two weeks so I am escaping to the beach. Anyway, all that means I am actually a little stunned to be finished and haven’t had much time to process. Here are the final numbers –

Round 2 Week 8 – Week 16 overall

Starting weight for this round 67.5
    Week 7 – 61.7
    Week 8 – 60.2 =-1.5kg πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ€©πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸ’«πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ
    Loss for Round 2 = 7.3kg
    Total loss = a very nice 18.1kg!

I am simply super, crazy happy. There is not an emoji that adequately represents the feeling. I am unashamedly, completely thrilled and impressed. I have nothing to wear! I caught myself today, out on errands, striding around like I owned the place, smiling at strangers, back straight . It is an achievement, with all it’s ups and downs and challenges, that resonates quite deep. In fact, I think it is during the tough times that new habits and a new inner confidence and strength are forged. I know I will need these as I move into maintenance and face down new challenges.

I’ve raved on previously about the many unexpected non-scale benefits that emerged during Round 1 and continued during Round 2. I feel very protective of these. Not only do I not want to be overweight again, I really don’t want to be low energy, tired most of the time, or a stressed out lousy sleeper. If this means staying mostly low carb into the future – so be it.

These forums have been critical, so much great information, at the start I just read and read and read. And then the support and camaraderie and inspiration, not just from those that were so successful (although I pretty much set my framework as a carbon copy) I also found the courage of people struggling, getting back, trying again, inspirational. So of course, I’m off to join the maintainers as no doubt I’ll need propping up and straightening out during this next bit.

I won’t post here again with weekly weigh-ins. If I find reverse dieting interesting or need an extra level of accountability, or a pattern of things I don’t want to drown the maintenance threads with, I’ll start a Flick’s reverse diet thread.

I’ll be at the beach in a few days for a week, out of range, no scales kitchen or otherwise, so that will be a strange new challenge to start with!

Warm, best wishes and my sincere thanks to everyone.

• posted by marie123
    on

Flick – simply super, crazy happy is a great thing to be – and deservedly so. You do right to relish your achievements. Well done, that woman. Enjoy the beach!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Huge congratulations Flick. All your hard work has reaped the reward – I’m doing the happy dance for you, round and round my kitchen, dogs barking furiously and leaping about joining in, o/h looking on in total consternation. He thinks I’m mad – nothing new there then😜

Seriously Flick, just couldn’t be happier for you. Enjoy your little break at the beach, you certainly have earned it. Then come back refreshed and reinvigorated, hopefully to a finished house, and join us over in the Phoenix Club. Xx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Flick – CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Woohooo! I am absolutely thrilled for you!
    Kazzee xx

• posted by Wannabeslim
    on

Congratulations ! Read your whole thread . You worked hard … you deserve it . Enjoy yourself but the mirror!

Please log in or register to post a reply.