Treat Day – instant weight gain?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by _Ronin
    on

Hello

I’ve been following the Fast800 for a month, using Huel in the daytime and then having a 400-calorie meal at night. It’s really worked and I have lost 1.5 stone (21lbs/10kg).

I want to have a ‘treat’ day on Friday where I consume something like 2,500 calories in a meal with my wife – will this completely throw my diet off and lead to instant weight gain?

Thanks, R

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Ronin, the simple answer is possibly yes. Do you have to go the whole 9 yards and have that many calories in one meal, or is that the whole number for the day. If you really want a treat then have one in the knowledge you might mess up the diet a bit. Then get straight back on the next day, no waiting for Monday. It is my wedding anniversary on Friday and we will be having a proper meal and wine but that will be it. Can I also say that any gain will be partly food in the digestive system, fluid retained due to carbs dragging it in and just your body hanging on having not seen much food lately. It would only take a couple of days to get back on track if you have the motivation to get back on it.

• posted by _Ronin
    on

Thanks so much for the response.

I’ve just looked on the internet at how many calories the meal might be and it’s actually more like 800 – 1,000 for the meal and then the 400 for the day’s shakes…so maybe an extra 600-700 calories for the day rather than an extra 2,000+. Even pigging out on junk food would only be 1,600 so I am not sure where I got 2,500 calories for a plate of food from…!

Thanks again

R

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Ronin, SunshineGirl’s words of caution are just, but as long as you’re mindful and approach any planned transgression with caution and control, you’ll likely find any damage is minimal. What’s important, is not to allow this deviation to become permission to let things go completely. Getting straight back on track is essential to making ensuring any gain is minimal and short lived.

Please log in or register to post a reply.