Totally Addicted to Carbs…. after 2 tablespoons of brown rice!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Loz Online
    on

Hi everyone,
    I just wanted to ask if anyone else was in this position?

I had chicken stir fry last night, and ate the extra 2 tablespoons of brown rice…. BIG MISTAKE!
    I instantly wanted MORE! I didn’t have anymore though, but for the first time in a while i was hungry right after dinner. I was hungry ALL NIGHT!

I started to crave my normal late night snack- a cheese and tomato toasted sandwich….
    So i made a smoothie, hoping the the yoghurt would satisfy me (instead of the cheese)…
    No good… So i made an open cheese and tomato on vitawheat lunch slices (wholegrains, but has GL of 55)
    Went off to bed and this morning I woke up with my tummy grumbling again!!! I haven’t felt overly hungry like this since i started the diet….
    Good news is that i still lost .6kg
    But I’m shocked at how hard my body craved and is now craving carbs…
    How do we just eat little bits?
    Will the cravings ease up further into the diet?
    Thanks in advance!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

The cravings do go away quite quickly.
    What happened is your body has spent a lifetime burning carbs, then you restricted them, then like a naughty child it started screaming out for more when it got a taste of them again.
    I don’t know how far in you are but those carb cravings generally seem to go between week 1 and 2.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Bill – love your image of the naughty child 😃 . Nothing to do with the twins being here, of course – they wouldn’t dare! LOL

Loz – the cravings do go. After nearly 16 weeks of living in a low-carb house my granddaughters are with me and they eat bread etc (sorry folks). Bread used to be my downfall, but it genuinely isn’t bothering me.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Too true lynne
    I was mooching through the cupboards at the weekend (as you do) and came across a packet of choccy biscuits that were bought for the grandkids.
    Picked them up, thought nah, and put them back.
    No desire involved at all, and from a former chocaholic.
    Loz that will happen for you too 😉

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Agreed Bill. I was given a big box of chocs before Easter – for me and the twins, and they’re still untouched. Think they’ll be going home with the twins. And I’m another former chocoholic!

Please log in or register to post a reply.