Tomorrow is D Day … !

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Having heard Michael on the Jeremy Vine show, I was inspired to buy the book and make the decision to get serious about getting my weight under control. It has always been a bit of a battle for me, but since menopause it has been a huge problem, both because I know the extra weight is unhealthy and because I don’t like the way I look anymore.

So the journey begins tomorrow, I have taken sometime to plan, read the book, purchased the blood sugar tester and have shopped for foods to fit the diet. Now I just need to weigh, measure and blood test tomorrow morning and get myself started on the road to a healthier weight and greater fitness. I confess, exercise is a problem for me, as I find motivation in that area a big problem, but I’m planning to start small (even if its just walking up and down stairs a few extra times a day at home) and hopefully build.

I plan to use the forum for inspiration and hope that someone out there, will be willing to offer some encouragement along the way.

• posted by tamznlaws
    on

Good luck SunnyB Tomorrow is my first day too. I don’t seem to be as organised as you YET!! But sending you all my best wishes for your journey..

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good Luck to you too. Let’s hope we can both achieve our goals! Look forward to hearing your progress in the days to come.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Best of luck ladies. There’s heaps of support and advice here, you only have to ask and someone will be able to help. Read through some of the other threads for inspiration and to get a feel for how welcoming and supportive everyone is.
    Soon we’ll be reading about your achievements too!

• posted by tamznlaws
    on

Thank you Cherrianne. I’m very nervous, keep trying to work out what to have for breakfast. I think the other meals will be ok, just worried about first thing.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

As I drink miso soup anyway, I think I will go with miso and then if I need something more, some yogurt and raspberries.

• posted by Aliba
    on

Good luck ladies…..breakfast is easy if you eat eggs…..hard boiled, scrambled or as a an omelette with mushrooms and tomatoes.
    Full fat Greek yogurt with a few seeds and some frozen berries is also great and the fat keeps you full
    All the best…it’s easier than you think!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Heard something the other day – can’t remember where! It was said that we can eat anything for breakfast, not just ‘traditional’ breakfast foods. Could be leftovers, anything. For us, low-carb of course 😊

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks everyone for the advise and encouragement.

For dinner this evening, I tried the Aubergine with Lamb Mince from the book, just to start getting a flavour of things to come. Tweaked it a little, by adding some ground ginger and a little rose water and basil. Had it with a couple of spoons of green beans, baby sweetcorn, asparagus and carrots. I’m aware all this would be over the evening meal calorie allocation, but this was just a trial run – and it was delicious!

Will be knuckling down tomorrow and making sure I’m within the 800 calories for the day.

• posted by feverdiva
    on

I’ll be joining you tomorrow, Monday would usually be a fast day for me anyway so I’m just going to tweak things 🙂 looking forward to getting startedand hearing about you success! xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope to hear how it’s gone for you all some time in the next few days, so that we have the opportunity to offer support and encouragement to each other. As we are all starting out at the same time, would be good to know how we are each coping.

Best of luck to getting off to a good start everyone!!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

First thing this morning, I got on the scales, put the tape measure around my waist (scary!!) and checked my blood sugar. Weight was about where I expected, my waist two inches large than I had thought(!) and I’m pleased to say my blood sugar was well within the normal band. So this diet for me, is about trimming the waist and getting my weight under control, as I am definitely in the obese band.

Found today much easier than I had thought it might be. I have been keeping track of my calories on a little excel chart I have set up and I have come in at 810 calories for my first day – only water and herbal teas now until tomorrow. Kept breakfast and lunch very modest, so that I could have my main meal with my husband this evening, but it wasn’t difficult to get through the day.

I hope all those who also started their BSD today, have managed to come in at around the target calories and have not struggled. Hope to hear how others have found their first day.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Day three and all seems to be going well. Managing to keep the calories under control and can honestly say I haven’t felt ravenous – little hungry every now and then, but nothing major. Have settled into small meals breakfast and lunch, so that I can still eat the main meal in the evening with my husband. The diet is making me take a real look at what I’m consuming and what new dishes I can cook. Only thing I really need to sort is the exercise aspect, but I find motivation here a tough one. I have tried to be more active, without doing specific exercises, but I know that really needs to change.

Still, for now I’m happy with how things are progressing, checked the scales and I’m down by 1.5lb at present, which is very encouraging! Hope everyone else is doing well and starting to see results too.

Please log in or register to post a reply.