Three Weeks In!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by kim31dknits
    on

So in the first week I lost 7.5lbs, I was delighted but knew, having read the book, that the following weeks would not be the same.
    Week two and I lost 1.75lbs, but I was expecting that and felt that 2lbs ish was acceptable
    Week three and I am almost at the end of it and weight loss is .25lbs! A little disappointed and disheartened.
    I walk between 35 and 50 miles a week, I do Pilates 2/3 times a week and even ride my bike
    I am sticking pretty rigidly to the diet / recipe plan in the back of the book
    Where am I going wrong?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Well done Kim31. you have lost 10 lbs (ish) in 3 weeks. Week 3 is usually a sticking point for most people. It is the week your body suddenly realises it is losing nourishment in the way of fat and wants to stop it (your body) from doing that so it tries to hang on and the result is you stay the same. Another way of looking at it is, when your body has realised it is not getting fed but once it has accepted the different diet you will start losing again. It is a time of balancing things out. This is NOT the time to give up. Believe me the weight loss will come back. The exercise makes very little difference to weight loss but is great for other bodily functions like heart and lungs, muscle mass and mental well-being. Keep going, it is going to get better.

• posted by kim31dknits
    on

Thanks for the encouragement – have read a few of the other posts and seems this is fairly common. Am going to do my best, stick with it, and see where I can get

Please log in or register to post a reply.