This has to work for me

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Matrika
    on

I’m new. My blood sugar is always high on waking and I don’t eat til it has come down, usually after 1 pm and some physical activity in the morning.
    There is a name for the early high blood sugar reading…apparently it is to pump us up for the days activity…(!)

• posted by AnneKnipe
    on

Wow that’s great, so this really does work, just started today so fingers crossed.

• posted by Shadow2
    on

Well done hashimoto on your weight loss, over 2st is fantastic.

• posted by FiFiP
    on

Thank you PMShrink, thank you Hashimoto, buckwheat is now in the bin!

Hashimoto – your weight loss is brilliant, what a result & what an inspiration. Do hope that your son gets better soon, Norovirus is doing the rounds down here too. Grim.

• posted by Mrsjaffa13
    on

Hi everyone, been offline for a while as had an op and been feeling rough! But now feeling much better and ready to go again. I haven’t been on the diet for a week but also haven’t been reaching for the biscuits or choc like I once would have! Am pleased my weight has stayed the same so from today am back on the plan. I did try to post at the end but it wouldn’t let me for some reason. Everyone sounds like they are doing brill and Bill you really are an inspiration and you haven’t given up despite the high readings which is brilliant ๐Ÿค“. I would love to be able to know how long it takes to get all the stores out of my liver and pancreas and I guess the 8 weeks is a guide for all of us to strive for.
    I love anchovies and have found one recipe in the book with them has anyone got any other good ideas I could try?

Hoping this posts ok ๐Ÿ‘

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Good morning guys
    been a bad bad weekend.
    xrays showed she has a shadow on the lung, she has to have an MRI scan this week to confirm but the doctor has told her he thinks it’s lung cancer.
    As you can imagine we’re in bits at the moment, just waiting for confirmation but then we are going to have some difficuilt conversations.
    Not important ATM but I lost another pound this week.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Bill – so, so sorry to hear this. Wish there was something positive we on the forums could do to help – our very best wishes, for you and your daughter and the rest of the family.

• posted by Mrsjaffa13
    on

Hi bill so sorry to hear your news thinking of you all and your daughter. I went through lung cancer with my dad and grandad . You have a strong close family and it will help you all get through this. Words don’t really help but sending strength, healing and huge support to you all .

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Bill,
    Devastating news for you and your family. So many people on the forums wondering, and hoping that you were all ok.
    Like Julia, I wish there was something we could do for you. Sending you all lots of love.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Cherrianne it’s a lot to face hun.
    All we can do now is wait for the result of the MRI to see how aggressive this thing is, until then we are all trying to act normally for the sake of her 2 kids.
    If everything goes wrong we are going to have to have conversations that we hoped we would never have.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Yes it is a lot to face, not something you ever want to consider for any member of your family. Such a scary time for all of you.
    I think you are being amazingly brave considering everything going on. I’m really hoping, and praying, that the MRI brings better news and a more optimistic future for her.
    You know that so many people on here, all around the world, are caring about your situation and wanting the best for you. You seem to have inspired a lot of love and friendship in a very short time. Make sure you let your wife know that she’s included in this love and support too. All the best x

• posted by Scotgran
    on

Sorry to hear this Bill. Thinking of you at this difficult time.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Sorry to hear your news Bill. Thinking of you and your family.

• posted by Rubbu
    on

Bill, so sorry to hear about your daughter ournthoguht and prayers are with you and the family biggest hug x

• posted by stringbreaker
    on

Bill,
    Have been following this great thread but not posted to it yet.
    Thanks for all the great posts.
    Reason for posting now is to add to the good wishes, and as our local Fr. used to say, “I’ll send one up for you”. (And your family)
    SB

on

FTR, Ive just completed 6 weeks and lost 17 lbs so far (having lost 12lbs in Jan on the 5:2). BS not an issue for me as far as I’m aware, but with the excess weight I was carrying it might just have been a matter of time.
    Can only agree with all the previous posts which say that this is going to be so much easier to use as a way or life than I could ever have believed – it knocks all the other “diets” into a cocked hat (whatever that is).

• posted by Spirit
    on

Bill

((hugs))

• posted by malkay
    on

Bill
    Just wanted to add my good wishes. Thinking of you all. x

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Bill
    Really really sorry to hear that.
    Thinking of you all.
    Penny

• posted by Holoso
    on

So sorry to hear this news. Sending you positive thoughts

Sue

• posted by TimeForChange
    on

Sorry to hear your news Bill. Thinking of you all.

• posted by Grandma48
    on

I started the BSD two weeks ago, not through diabetes, simply far too short for my weight! Bill I’ve been following your thread since I started and you have been an inspiration, for which you have my grateful thanks. I am incredibly sorry to learn of the bad results of your daughter’s scan, and I join everyone else who you have inspired, by sending my best wishes to you and your family. I do so hope the MRI gives more positive news. Stay strong – all our prayers are with you.

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Bill1954

I’ve been absent from the forums as I’ve been studying what diet to go forward with when I complete 8 weeks

Please look at this web site. : ketogenic-diet-resource.com. click on keto medicine

This may be helpful for your daughter, if necessary . Ask the medics to explain how & why it may help & to consider it if it’s required

With every good wish to all your family
    Eureka

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Bill – just wanted to add my voice to the rest of those on the forum, wishing your daughter, you and all your family, strength as you face this daunting period. Sincerely hope that the MRI results bring some more positive news for a brighter outcome. Will be sending healing to you all. SunnyB

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Bill, I’m so very, very sorry to hear the bad news about your daughter. As a mother I can only imagine what you and your wife are going through and my thoughts, love and prayers are with you all. As cherrieanne has said you have inspired a lot of love and friendship around the world in a short time as well as inspiring us all to reach our personal goals. X

• posted by Shadow2
    on

Bill
    So sorry to hear your devastating news, hope MRI scan is a bit more positive. My thoughts are with you, take care.

• posted by Lolo
    on

Hi Bill,
    So sorry to hear your family’s news. Thoughts are with you and keeping my fingers crossed the MRI comes back with more positive news xx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Guys, I’m lost for words.
    The love and support coming from this forum had me in tears.
    My heartfelt thanks go out to each and every one of you.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Bill

You give so much to folk on here, even when going through this difficult time, it’s our privilege to give you are love and support.

Please keep us posted with the MRI results. We hope and pray for good news.

• posted by Sharon
    on

Hi Bill
    So sorry to hear your family’s news, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take care.X

• posted by misssay
    on

Bill,

So sorry to hear your news. Sending my thoughts to you and your family. xxxx

• posted by Denise47 Jones
    on

Oh Bill, this is such worrying news for you all. Thinking of you and your family x

• posted by Speedy
    on

I’m so sorry to read your news Bill, Sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your family. x

• posted by Bill1954
    on

We have decided to try not to worry too much until she gets her results on Friday, fingers well and truly crossed.
    Anyhow I don’t want to derail the thread too much with our personal problems, I’m truly grateful for all the help and support from all my friends on here.
    Right, I had to go to the eye hospital yesterday for a check up. I was a bit worried re the bleed I had in the right eye in Feb (BTW that has cleared completely and in about half the time it used to take pre diet)
    I gave the notes from the site to my consultant and she was so interested! She had noticed my weight loss as soon as I walked in and said she had heard of this diet but not a lot – You can guarantee she knows a lot more now ๐Ÿ˜‰
    The examiniation showed that my eyes are in much better condition than before. Swelling in the retina veins has subsided to a point where she can, ATM see no risk of further bleeds in my eyes (she agreed that the Feb bleed was probably caused by the rapid weight loss and blood sugar reduction) and my pressures in both eyes are bang in the normal range.
    The consultant also told me that she would be doing further investigation into the diet as her speciality is diabetic eye disease.
    God I hope we can get her onside, she would be a big hitter.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Such wonderful news Bill, so much deserved too after all your hard work :). So happy for you that the risk to your eyesight has resolved. That’s one load off your shoulders.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Bill – great news for you re the eye appt. My dad went through all the eye ops, bleeds galore, etc, etc, so I have more than usual understanding of what this must be like. We went through a whole summer when he couldn’t read at all, even with magnifying glasses. I am so pleased for you that things are looking up on that front at least.
    Be kind to yourselves this week… a tough time but we are all rooting for you.
    Prayers and hugs
    Julia xxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Bill I think you already have her onside! What amazing results! I am so pleased for you – it’s above and beyond what I thought was possible. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Bill you won’t derail the thread by telling us your personal problems – we all want to support you.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Great news Bill.

Well said Hashimoto.

• posted by JackieMac
    on

Well done Bill on your great results and in advocating the diet. Fines and toes crossed for Friday xx

on

Bill,
    Just to back up what Hashimoto said.
    How many weeks are you into the plan now – must be nearing the 8?

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi bill1954
    I was just going to let you know how great I was feeling after a difficult few days, then I read the threads and realise what a great guy you must be, giving all these people (and me!) such positive and helpful advice when you are going through so much, I didn’t know until tonight, so I Just wanted to let you know you and your family will be in my prayers, God bless you

• posted by ditzidora
    on

Hello All, Am new but have been reading this thread obsessively since Sunday when I started Bsd.

Bill, I feel like I have gotten to know you and the others from your posts and the way you support each other, so sorry to read of your horrible news.
    Prompted to post instead of just reading by a shock I had this am, got on the scales for the first time since Sunday when I started BSD Fast 800 (only 2 glasses of red that was cheating!) and have lost 6lb. Frankly amazed. 3St to go, but thats more than WW and SW have ever done for me.
    Not T2, but both parents and younger brother, who shall we say, have a similar sillhouette, have been diagnosed within the last 6 months so very scared, hope this works.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hey ditzidora welcome to the forums, 6 lbs down since Sunday ? you must be ecstatic!!!
    Keep it up and keep posting your results, it all goes to encourage new starters in the same way as you were.
    Also, now you have made your first post, keep it up, sometimes it’s good to talk (now where have I heard that before)

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi ditzidora, welcome. You have already proved this IS working for you, keep going and you will be even more amazed! You should be able to persuade your parents and brother to join you on this journey when they see what it is going to do for you.
    All the best and looking forward to your future posts!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by ditzidora
    on

Thank you , yes very happy with first weigh in, Bill. Yes it might all be just water but still I’ll take it as a win!

Booked a last minute Self catering weekend away, so last night was spent planning food to make sure no cheating!
    Hubby thinks its great cos he gets steak tomorrow night! Will do chips for him and the kids, just green stuff for me.

They’ve all asked if they can have fish and chips on sat night…. as where we are going (Northumberland Coast) is famous for them….. Any ideas? I was thinking maybe I could have a chicken Kebab no Pitta with chilli sauce only?

I do find when on a diet i get a bit obsessive, then get exhausted with the effort and fall off the wagon – then catastrophic thinking – then guilt. I think if I added up all the pounds I’ve ‘lost’ over the years I should be the weight of a newborn.

Will promise to write on Monday and confess any sins, but am determined to be able to post another loss.

• posted by ditzidora
    on

Thanks hasimoto, I did actually mention the BSD to them a couple of weeks ago when I was prepping to start, but they weren’t keen as it contradicted the diet they have been given to follow! Think I might send them a copy of the book to see if that helps. Am due to see them in a couple of months (I live at the other end of the country) so hopefully my results will speak for themselves!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Ditzidora, I think when they see you, after a couple of months , they will have to think again!! Especially if they have read the book (and the forums) before they see you. Two months of this diet can have a massive impact on the body shape/dress size! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Hope you enjoy your holiday – you could have the fish, but not eat the batter or chips! Filling and yummy!
    You may not have any ‘sins’ to report if you choose wisely you can still eat what your family have – just minus the bread, potatoes, pasta and rice. So chicken korma minus the rice
    fish and chips minus the chips
    Bolognese sauce minus the pasta
    etc
    Enjoy ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Definitely have the fish. If you ask they will do one without batter for you.
    Can’t have you coming to my neck of the woods and not enjoying the local delicacies can we ?
    Nip a couple of miles down the coast to Craster and get some delicious kippers and don’t forget the luscious fresh crab!

on

Hi Ditzidora,
    We always have fish and chips on a Friday no matter what diet we’re on. However, we remove most of the batter (surprisingly, after a month or two of doing this we didn’t want it any more – tasted far too fatty) and share a regular portion of chips between us.
    The other suprise is that I’m nearly always a pound down on Saturday Morning. Could be ‘cos knowing the f&c is on the menu, I’m a bit more frugal earlier in the day.
    Life would be much the poorer without the odd treat and I’ve still lost 17lbs so far so it can’t be doing too much harm.

• posted by FiFiP
    on

Hi Bill & fellow BSDers, I have a hereditary eye condition which pre-disposes me to raised eye pressure and had hoped that the original diet I was on (SIRT) followed by this one (mind you only a week on this) would have lowered by eye pressures as it has done with my blood pressure, (normal now without drugs for the 1st time in years,) but it hasn’t – it will be interesting to see the long-term effect of a major change in diet when I have my next check-up in 6 months time.

A while back I decided that I wasn’t going to totally give up F&Chips, but the shop that does the best fish here in Kent does very poor chips, so I usually only have a couple & no chips means no ketchup, which as we are hearing non-stop on the radio today is about as bad, if not worse than fizzy drinks for sugar content! Mind you no-one is going to eat a gallon of ketchup in 1 sitting so the ‘ketchup question’ is a touch spurious.

To eat healthier I have been baking fresh fish with herbs & lemon & having sweet potato chips ( 1 spud between myself & my husband) for a while anyway & will get out the carb counter to make sure I can still do this on the diet/new way of life.

Bill, I just wanted to add my hugs to the many you have been receiving on this forum, you are going through a very tough time & I can only imagine what you must be feeling about tomorrow’s hospital appt.

Had 3 small falafels for breakfast to use them up, and having home made prawn stir-fry with a mass of veggies (kale, book choi, celery, red pepper, broccoli, onion & a hit of chilli) for dinner tonight, no lunch.

Please log in or register to post a reply.