This diet is basically the "Ketogenic Diet" relabeled.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Not really, MM allows dairy for a start. And caffeine. And many fruits (your article says AVOID FRUIT in big caps). There are some similarities, but the Mediterranean diet is not just ketogenic or Paleo relabelled.

• posted by Ryan
    on

The only way to tell if a diet is ketogenic or not is to measure your ketone levels, if they are 0.4 mol/L or above then this shows that you are in nutritional ketosis.

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Ryan
    Thanks for this info. The more knowledge we can find the more we can evaluate & make informed choices about our lifestyle & health.
    We have to find out what works for us & what we can live with long term. We’ve all got years of bad eating habits to unravel & reform. Choices & willingness to change are paramount to better health.

We’re all ‘guilty’ of following dietary information ‘fed’ to us without questioning its validity. Busy lives give us the excuse of leaving these decisions to people we believe know more than us & know best. It turns out that they can be wrong, & don’t always tell us the true facts they know ( re: reports, trials & scientific papers)! We have to take real responsability for ourselves. We put the food into our own mouths!

I want my family to see that I can change my diet & improve my health on a suitable, non fad diet/way of life that is sustainable for the rest of my life. I want the chance to make myself well. I want the treatment of Type 2 Diabetics to change. Never too late to change or learn. Knowledge is power!

• posted by Ryan
    on

My pleasure Eureka,

I spend most of my time in the kitchen these days, which I think is a lot better than the alternative of spending most of my time at the doctors in the future.

Ketogenic for life is the way I want to live, the benefits for me outweigh the effort it takes to implement and sustain this way of eating.

Exercise and intermittent fasting are also important aspects of this diet too. It encourages Mitochondrial biogenesis, Autophagy and apoptosis which are very beneficial for health and longevity.

Please log in or register to post a reply.