This diet gets results!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

It sounds really difficult to get around, Lynne. is it easy to get to a train station or is that just as difficult? x

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Nearest train station is Durham, Judith. It’s not that bad, just takes planning. You get into the routine.

Only shops in the village are two convenience stores (one is also the Post Office), chemist, newsagent and a butchers that closes at 9am!

So I either have to travel for food shopping or do it online. x

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Closes at 9am ? ? ?? The mind boggles!! Does it open at midnight? X

• posted by captainlynne
    on

LOL. don’t know what time he opens and I’ve never been in. Apparently he opens for a few hours, then closes at 9 so he can deliver to restaurants etc. 😳 x

• posted by Mummytummy
    on

Cherriane, you mentioned in a reply to SusieB earlier today about making your own recipes as long as you stick to the ‘calorie/carb’ allowance. I have read the BSD book more than once and use it daily, but I can’t remember reading about ‘carb allowance’…is there a daily carb allowance that some people stick to?!
    Thanks in advance 😄

• posted by NewLife
    on

Done!

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Mummytummy,
    I wondered how you were going. We haven’t heard from you since your trip to London I think.
    The book does just stick to the term low carb, I think to keep things simple. The general consensus here seems to be that people are trying to keep to 50g carb per day. Works out at 15g per meal with 5g to spare. Some people are going lower, but you will lose weight and get good blood sugar control on around 50g.
    Hope you are getting success on the BSD, keep posting. Everyone’s experience might help someone else who might be reading but hasn’t had the courage to post yet.

Please log in or register to post a reply.