Thinking of starting and after some advice

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lour Wright
    on

Hi,

I currently follow the 5:2 but am reading the BSD book at the moment and thinking of starting this WOL. I want to come up with some meal ideas before I embark on it so I can plan ahead. If I made a chilli for example, would it be best to use 20% fat minced beef or 5% fat minced beef?

TIA.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

That would depend on the portion size you would like to eat. My suggestion however, is to go for the lower fat content in this instance, so that you can have a good filling portion. You also need to think about the other ingredients being included to the chilly though – are you including beans for instance? It is important to keep an eye on the carbohydrate as well as the calorie content of all you are adding to the dish and then you can total up the overall levels, before dividing those by the number of portions you are dividing the dish into.

My advise though, would be to initially keep things simple. Follow recipes from the book or on the website, which have values already calculated. Alternatively, keep things simple by eating simply cooked meat or fish, with veggies or salad, which can be easily weighed and the values calculated to add to your daily record.

Good luck with it and let us know how your get on.

Please log in or register to post a reply.