There is a zen like calm in the Mindfulness forum… reboot April 2021, 5 yrs on

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jackie WilsonSaid
    on

Woke up and realised it is time for an 8-week BSD reboot, beginning right now with a Music For Airports meditation.

~ Meditation intermittent – sometimes regular, sometimes stopped.
    = Mindfulness – ever present.
    = HbA1C – stable at 39 since BSD April 2016
    > Weight – regained half the losses
    > Lockdown treats & drinks now a daily thing but do not bring contentment.
    = Exercise – Keiser bike / Peloton app a revolution. Concept 2 rower intermittent, but recently more fun with RowAlong.
    ? Intermittent fasting – bursts of either 16/8 or 36 hours a week seemed to provide some balance, though stopped when…
    < Covid got my mother, age 97
    + There’s more to life than records, but not much more; Gaucho or Aja? still undecided. Probably Gaucho.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi JackieWS, been reading your profile and you are a real success story. Well done on the blood works. Yes carbs are the enemy. With you on the gaucho although I didnt know it had a specific name – something new learnt today – similar sound to Santana, Smooth which is great for salsa or ceroc dancing.

on

Thanks sunshinegirl, I remember you posting from the early days…
    The main truths for me about BSD are:
    rapid weight loss worked to reset my body to lower blood glucose, hence it helped me avoid diabetes
    lower carb maintains that loss
    low carb is what the insulin resistants amongst us really need
    when temptation knocks most people answer [John Hiatt song about wine, cheese, sourdough bread & occasional vanilla cream slice]

enjoy your journey

on

Just completed my 5-Year Anniversary 8-week BSD:
    -8 kg, which gets me back to where I want to be.
    Strict Mosley menu at first then gradually ate a bit more but limited carbs.
    From now on: 16/8 as standard to complement LCHF.
    Having fought its way back over 5 years, toast returns to occasional treat status, and alcohol to a part-time weekend type activity, rather than a daily requirement.
    Good luck to all.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Congrats on 5 years low carbing JackieWilsonSaid. I too will reach 5 years in 2 weeks and dont regret a day of it. As a diabetic it is not something I can dip in and out of when I want to lose a few pounds. It is my health. And yes, the odd bread roll in a restaurant or a few glasses of wine at a celebration but they are all the more enjoyable because they are a treat.

Keep on keeping on…

• posted by eliobaresi
    on

Thank you for sharing.
    Its a joy to go through your experience.

Please log in or register to post a reply.