The results are in…!!!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LesGrimes74
    on

Hey everybody, I just wanted to post yet another glowing reference to the BSD and the 5:2 way of life.
    I was referred to our Local Diabetes Clinic as my blood sugar levels were far too high and was on the cusp of having to inject as I was triple medicated and on the limits of what my doctor could prescribe for me.
    I read an article regarding the Blood Sugar Diet and then bought the book and read some case studies and thought, hey if people in a more serious condition than me can do it so can I.
    So with the support from the diabetes clinic and a hospital nutritionist, I embarked on the 8 week journey.
    At the end of the 8 weeks, I had lost 2 stone and 13.5 pounds (almost 19kgs) and had stopped taking glicazide (was on 4 a day)
    Now after 6 weeks of following the 5:2 diet, I have lost a total of 3 stone 9.5 pounds (23kgs)
    Last Friday I went back to the diabetes clinic to review the results of my latest HbA1c blood test. Fantastic news, my blood sugar levels are now that of a ‘normal’ person and I am nowhere near the diabetic threshold. The consultant stated that I was technically diabetes free!! My cholesterol levels were extremely low with almost no sign of LDL’s and my triglyceride readings were very low as well. He also took me off the alogliptin tablet I was taking and has also reduce the dosage of the 2 daily metformin I take as well

Now, I’m not a smiley person by nature, but the smile that has been on my face since receiving these results is lighting up the whole office!!

I know I’m not totally in the clear yet, but this is just to say to anyone that may read this post, do it, give the diet and the lifestyle a try, it actually works, I feel happier, healthier and all other types of emotion that I can never remember experiencing. Hang in there, you can do it.

Thanks obviously goes to Dr Mosley for bringing this lifestyle to the masses, but more importantly thank you to everyone that posts on this website, I may not be the most prolific of posters, but I read all posts and replies on here daily and you do not know the amount of inspiration and information I have drawn from them all.

You are all an inspiration to me and if only one person can draw inspiration from my post, then I know I have helped someone to save their life.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

WoooHooo LesGrimes74 – that is one fantastic list of results and achievements!!! You will be an inspiration to others for sure.
    Many, many congratulations on your huge success.

• posted by topcac
    on

What a brilliant result – congratulations!!! I am just imagining you walking around the office with a grin from ear to ear – you should be very proud of yourself too – it’s not easy but you’ve had a fantastic result (s). Kudos goes to your healthcare team also for supporting you and not insisting that low fat is the way to go 🙂 !!!!

• posted by Verano
    on

WONDERFUL!!

Yes it does work and so many of us are either medication free or nearly so. It’s great that it also helps our cholesterol and blood pressure and makes us feel healthier than before. It’s always so good to hear success stories as they help us all to carry on. I’m almost metformin free, will know next week, but couldn’t think of eating any other way now.

Congratulations, good luck and enjoy your new diabetes free life.

Please log in or register to post a reply.