The restart – 2nd November

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Papillon
    on

I initially started the “Fast 800” as part of the 3rd October group and failed spectacularly to keep following the plan. I gained quite a few pounds too! So I’ve decided to restart.
    I began my journey again on 2nd November and I’m now on day 4. This time I am being exceptionally organised with my food, which I think is going to be the key for me going forward. I’ve also started self monitoring my BG which is already showing signs of improving, even though it’s only been 3 days.

Papillon

So a little bit about me:
    46, diagnosed with Type 2 in May 2016
    Metformin 2 x 500 mg & Ramipril 2.5mg
    Starting weight 2 Nov – 13st 10lbs
    Weight 5 Nov – 13st 4.6lbs

• posted by braveblackbird
    on

Hi, Papillon! I’m just beginning tomorrow, so we can support each other, if you like?
    I haven’t tried the 800 diet before. I’ve lost weight twice, once on Jenny Craig, then again with shakes – but here I am again, as overweight as before. I really would love to lose a decent amount by Christmas, because I don’t fit into my clothes.
    My biggest challenge will be not bingeing at night.

Currently 84 kg (13.3 stone)
    48 years old

I’ll see how I go in the morning – I’m planning to use a meal replacement for breakfast and lunch, 2 fruit snacks, a Weightwatchers dinner, and a yoghurt snack afterwards. Lots and lots of water, too. Once I reach my goal weight, I’m planning to maintain using BSD too. Big breath – here I go!

• posted by TrishaDawn
    on

I started my latest restart a week before you, and will finish my first 8 week cycle at Christmas. I still have a couple of family birthdays before then, which I know will put me a little behind with my weight loss but they can’t be helped. I can only stick to the 800 limit if I keep my carbs to 30 or below. Carbs make me hungry.

Braveblackbird, if after a couple of days you find you just can’t keep within that limit, check your carb count. Your plan sounds healthy but very high in carbs. Good luck, it does work but sometimes you have to change things a little to find out what works for your body. Mine is very carb sensitive but it took me years to work that out.

• posted by Papillon
    on

Hi Braveblackbird,
    Good luck!
    It will be lovely to have some support along the way. I’m following the recipes in the book, as much because I feel if I go ‘freestyle’ I will be too tempted to go off the rails. I’ve also been using the recipes as family meals and have just bulked out everybody else’s food with extras. So far I’ve only felt really hungry on one day (day 3), but managed to override that by drinking peppermint tea. Lets hope that always works! I’ve been sticking to the 2/3 meals and avoiding snacking (another weakness of mine), it does make it easier if you drink tons of water.

Today we’re entertaining, so I’m trying the Pork with apples and shallots recipe. Only my immediate family know I have diabetes, I don’t feel ready to tell anyone else quite yet.

Papillon

• posted by Papillon
    on

Hi TrishaDawn,
    So how has your restart been? Are you following the plan or are you going freestyle?
    First time round I only managed 3 days before I fell off the wagon. I found I was so hungry that I ate almost every carb in sight. I also find if I have too many carbs, it makes me hungrier.

I should finish my 8 weeks on 2nd January, but I think i will be closer to the 8th as I have a couple of parties/Christmas etc coming up, while I don’t plan to go crazy, I know I will be over the 800.

I haven’t started exercising yet and know I need to incorporate this into my day, that’s going to be my next challenge.

Papillon

• posted by TrishaDawn
    on

Hi Pappilon, I’ve been following the recipes from the cookbook mostly, although I plan to sometimes have something plain, like steak with low carb vegetables when I don’t feel like anything complicated.

Earlier in the year I’d finished the entire 8 weeks and had been very happy with losing almost 5 kilos. I’m over 70 and quite short, so don’t lose weight at the same speed that others do. But then came a 9 week overseas holiday and back came 7 kilos. I’ve had trouble getting back into the swing of it, but am determined this restart will take.

I had a good fast drop on the scales from Monday to Friday, but in spite of sticking very strictly to the 800 calories, I had a small bump up on Sunday and only a small drop this morning. I was reading another thread about the possibility that artificial sweeteners might interfere with weight loss, which was interesting because I’d allowed myself diet Coke for the weekend as a treat. I’m continuing on but without the diet Coke, so it will be very interesting to see if the scales start to go down again without it.

I’ll report back with my findings. : -)

Please log in or register to post a reply.