Taking the leap

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Trev
    on

After a couple of weeks of contemplation (procrastination) I have decided to take the leap and give the 8 x 800 a go.

With a rich family history of insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, the dementia that often follows and a waist line that has expanded over the past 2 years it is time to grasp the nettle and take action.

At 43 years old 5’11” and 91kg (200 pounds) I am hoping to drop 11kg over the 8 weeks and hit reset on my insulin sensitivity.

I cannot only imagine the program is going to be really challenging in parts – particularly for someone who enjoys a wine or three after a long day at the office. However, I am looking forward to the support of the forum community and the tips and hints for making a success of the program.

I am thinking of tracking and sharing my progress and experience on the forum board to help me stick with it. Have others found this to be beneficial?

All tips welcomed.

“The

• posted by LACali21
    on

Congrats on jumping in and starting this way of eating. The people on this forum are very helpful and supportive. I’m only on day 6, but they’ve helped me a lot! The first week was hard, I had a lack of energy and felt tired, but not everyone feels that way and we just have to fight it off and look at the end result.

Good luck!

• posted by Trev
    on

Thanks for the support LACali21 it sounds like your journey has started well. Fingers crossed for good early results to fuel your fire.

Day one for has been pretty good. Have stayed within the 800 calories but think I might have been light on for protein which might come back to haunt me tomorrow.

It certainly pays to keep busy so you don’t have to much thinking time to dwell on it.

Here’s hoping tomorrow goes just as well.

• posted by Napangardi
    on

Well done Trev, I am a returnee… I stayed on for a few weeks and then slipped off it due to work functions and the reintroduction of my evening wine… I have found it easier to say no now as it is easy to be tempted by carbs following. A glass of wine. All the best ! Napangardi

Please log in or register to post a reply.