Swings and roundabouts

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Langerhans
    on

So it’s day 12. Well, on the one hand, I am at nearly double Kcals for the day – on plan but 400kcal brunch, unexpected vistors so picnic on the beach and a roast dinner… and red wine.

On the other hand, I’ve stayed off the simple carbs of br__d, po_____s etc. So my carbs are still only 36.4g and my macros % are 14C/56F/30P, so I’m hoping to get away with it.

For future reference, I have a very busy day next Saturday 3rd – approx four hours (there and back) travel toLiverpool for hospital treatment then a pub crawl leaving do for one of my favourite colleagues who is moving to Vancouver, Canada. Should I eat normally for BSD and accept I’ll have wine in the evening? Is it better to eat mostly fat in the day, e.g. Avocado?

• posted by melissanz
    on

Hi Langerhans

I am a bit behind you (on Day 6 today and this is the first time I’ve posted here) and ecstatic to have already lost 2.2kg. It’s amazing how motivating that continual decrease on the scales can be – I resisted the after work BBQ sausage & beer yesterday and surprisingly it wasn’t as difficult as I thought it was going to be (though those sausages sure did smell good!).
    In terms of your busy day on the 3rd, not sure what advice I can offer as a newbie but I think eating as well as you can before you go out may be key. Going out on a full stomach (and yes, I think having some fat may be a good idea) may help avoid any unwanted snacking. For me, when I drink wine, I get the munchies so I’m trying to avoid the stuff for the remainder of the 8 weeks – wouldn’t you know it, a friend turned up with a ‘thank you’ bottle for me last night!! Have hidden it from myself!!!
    Good luck!

• posted by Langerhans
    on

Welcome, melissanz! The diet is amazing, isn’t it? Almost every day the scales shift!
    Well done for resisting the temptations – I also received wine and chocs a couple of days ago and I’ve put the bag on top of the wardrobe.
    I think I’ll take a big salad with avocado and some veg soup. I honestly can’t see me not having a drink on the night but I’ll alternate with water at least.
    Looking forward to seeing your progress.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Langerhans

Put yesterday behind you. It’s gone today is a new day!

Saturday …. not sure about eating fats … sure someone else will! Some people suggest gin/vodka and slim line tonic as the best drink. Personally I’m a red wine girl so I think your idea of water between drinks is a great one. Order the water, maybe sparkling, with your first wine and hopefully you won’t do too much damage!

• posted by Frog
    on

Langerhans
    I drink occasionally, often wine, but prosecco is good! (or champagne!) with lots of water in between – about 90 calories and 1.5g of carb.
    A standard measure of wine is often 175ml for a small glass (250ml for a large one) champagne or prosecco is usually 125ml

I had lunch in a restaurant during the week, had wine rather than prosecco, but drank 2 litres of water during the course of the meal, and still had half a glass of wine left when I’d finished eating.

• posted by Langerhans
    on

Thanks, Verano and Frog!

Scales were forgivingly stable this morning so I may be spared (let’s face it, I ate far less than I did pre-BSD), and I’ve been completely back on track today despite temptations at work.

Looking forward to next Saturday with contingency plans at the ready.

Please log in or register to post a reply.